Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2010

I'm tittering here Barbe, at the memory of the little bloke trying to nuzzle my foob. I wondered how loud he'd yell if he actually latched on and got nothing for his trouble.

I just hope this love affair he and I are having lasts a long time.  He's certainly nudging all my hard-learned secret ways of pacifying them out of my memory banks.

By the way, I am catching up to you Barbe, got another one coming in late April, different parents this time.

Sheila.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited November 2010

I remember one day in the church nursery-- I was cuddling a fussy infant who snuggled into the prosthetic breast which was perpetually cold, pulled his little head back and gave me the most disgusted look!  I haven't held a baby since getting the new boobs, which are considerably smaller than the originals.  I wonder if I'll have to adapt my baby holding techniques? 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited November 2010

ehehehehehe Native!!!

Sheila, I have ANOTHER boy coming March 13th!!! Gotta get a girl in the mix.....

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited November 2010

I have my third Great GD coming in March as well. 

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2010

WOW Barbe! talk about degrees of separation! Surprised  My eldest son, who will be the father this time around, was born on March 13th, 1975.  They are going to find out what gender before the happy event so I will know soon, hopefully, what colours to buy this time around.  We should be placing bets on the boy/girl thing as our family is very strong on boys and her family is equally strong on girls. 

Sheila.

• flopsy
    flopsy Member Posts: 43
    edited November 2010

YKNACPW-  Your elderly mother with dementia who cannot even pick out her clothes or bath herself anymore cries when she sees your bald head.  She had breast cancer 13 yrs ago but did not have to have any treatment as it was DCIS Stage 0. 

• jdootoo
    jdootoo Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2010

When your DH thanks you for the hot sex you had the night before and you look at him like he has four heads because you can't remember A THING after the Ambien kicked in! Still don't believe him...

One love, Jackie 

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited November 2010

Oooohhhh Jackie! I've heard of driving on Ambien but not ... well, you know ;)

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2010

Oh Jackie - my husband said the same thing to me several months ago...that's when I stopped taking Ambien.  I cannot imagine what i might have said or done under the influence...I am happy for my DH but it really freaked me out that I had NO MEMORY what so ever of the entire episode.

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited November 2010

I'm going to have to try that Ambien

• barbe1958
    edited November 2010

Well then Apple, you'll have to have someone there to tell you whether you had a good time or not. Willing to trust your DH on that??

ehehehhehehehehehe

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited November 2010

when you start naming your wigs after your friends (whose hair most resembles each wig).

when you are grateful for all those years of dancing and being flexible, so you can be a contortionist for your rads simulation.  :)

when you are grateful that you have an inch or so of hair for the cold weather, so your head doesn't freeze at night!  :)

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    edited November 2010
    I'm going for Ambien now!!!!  
  • kittycat
    edited November 2010

LOL on the Ambien!  My brother in law was taking that stuff and my sister said he got really goofy at night.  He doesn't take it anymore.  I still take Ativan a few nights a week.  It workds great.  I get a good night's sleep!  :)

• barbe1958
    edited November 2010

I use Immovane. Some people hate the back-taste but it works great. You wake up exactly 8 hours later with a clear head. It's known as "the other blue pill".

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited November 2010

I alternate between Ambien CR or generic ambien and ativan.....and sometimes I take the ambien and then 4 hour later an ativan...nothing keeps me asleep for more than 4 hours.....and if I don't take anything, then I wake up multiple times a night....even with the sleep aids, I wake up a fee times a night to pee!!!!  So far haven't been told that I do anything strange on the ambien...

• barbe1958
    edited November 2010

YKYACPW you could "prescribe" for anyone!

• jdootoo
    jdootoo Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2010

I have so enjoyed reading these Ambien posts... there must be more great stories out there! I decided to go solo last night and had a dream that I went to the supermarket with a friend and had to leave before I was finished shopping, then I couldn't find my car. I was taking the bus to try to find my car to get home! LOL! Crazy drugs vs. crazy dreams...

One love, Jackie 

• konakat
    konakat Member Posts: 499
    edited November 2010

My 85 yr old Mom and I both complain about being so creaky, not being able to get up easily...

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210
    edited November 2010

My partner made me stop taking Ambien after the twentihundreth conversation about a discussion we had of which I had NO memory.  My cluelessness finally was too much.  I now wake up about 4 or 5 times a night, but we aren't fighting about my "not listening" anymore.  I did like getting a good night's sleep, but if my brain was getting weirded out, I don't need any more of that, for sure.

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210
    edited November 2010

Oh, and ditto, Jackie, to the weird dreams - waking up so much, I guess I remember them more. 

• kittycat
    edited November 2010

I haven't had any crazy dreams on the Ativan.  I've never tried Ambien.  The Ativan seems to work.  I used to have a terrible time sleeping.  I was too stressed out about work. then, I got BC again.  I try not to get too stressed about work anymore.  It's just not worth it. 

• kittycat
    edited December 2010

you've been plucking your eyebrows for years and get excited to see your brows finally growing in! How ironic is that?

In addition to having a port on the left side of your chest, now you have a sticker with an "X" on the right side. Thanks chemo and rads!!!

You use your DH's hair gel to make a faux hawk with your crazy chemo hair! :)

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited August 2013

...you can only laugh when you learn that your DH's 90 year old mom has an ejection fraction of 70% - and you were excited that yours went from 52% to 58% on your last echo!  (Oh, and BTW- I'm 39 years old!!!) 

• kittycat
    edited December 2010

LM - That is pretty funny!  BTW - I love the Shawshank Redemption quote!!!

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited December 2010

I love these posts... I haven't smiled in a few days and I am sitting here squinting to read them all and laughing.. Thank you

• skigrl
    skigrl Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010

You know your a (breast) cancer patient when you look at a ruler to see how big 5.5 cm really is because that was the size of the tumor in your breast!!!! Holy crap!!

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited December 2010

Kittycat - love your new picture! So pretty!

• kittycat
    edited December 2010

Stanzie - thanks!  That was me with my real hair!!! 

You know you're a cancer patient when you can break out in a sweat in December - thanks chemopause!!!

• lmc1970
    lmc1970 Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2010

lol skigrl-I have done that!!!