Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Have any of you found love after your diagnosis and treatment?

Options

Comments

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hope all goes well with your Dad. I guess you will just have to adjust to what he wants since he is not senile.  It must be difficult. I remember being so angry at my Mom because she went off her BP pills. She said they made her urinate too much and was such a nuisance! There was nothing I could do and a few months later she had a stroke while visiting my brother.  She did recover from the stroke, but refused to do the rehab so ended up bedridden the last year of her life. She told me she was just too tired---you can only try your best.

Glad you are getting your sense of humor back. It really makes a difference in ones attitude, doesn't it?  I love my gallows humor sometimes although it upsets some people.

• mybee333
    mybee333 Member Posts: 672
    edited October 2012
    Options

thanks.  I know.  We can only do so much.

Webinar yesterday. Great session.  Working on changing thoughts - positive affirmations, stopping obsessions, substituting self-praise in place of self-defeating or damaging, berating.  Pretty good stuff.

Hope all are well.  :)

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited October 2012
    Options

Molly, glad that you are enjoying the webinars .... Maybe you can share your knowledge ...

• mybee333
    edited October 2012
    Options

Just realized that the obsessive thinking I have been troubled by for mos. is probably caused by the very low estrogen levels that I may have due to hysterectomy and the addition of an AI. Kind of stumped with what to do at this point. 

The webinar is through Annie Kaszina.  I am enjoying it.  How are you?

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

I am doing ok ---- struggling with my weight and getting more angry --- I am going to see someone through my EAP on Thursday -- maybe he can help me tackle the demons.

• mybee333
    edited October 2012
    Options

I am sorry you are struggling with anger.   I started a post a while back about anger, irritabiity and the anti-hormonals' however it is a hard to tease everything out. You have been through quite a lot. I am hoping that seeing someone is helpful to you.  It doesn't feel good to feel angry, I know.  It's a bad place to be.  :(

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

Not anger ... Having a hard time with weight. I have put on so much weight .. Some is bad behaviours and some the mess ...

• mybee333
    edited October 2012
    Options

Do you think it is the Tamoxifen?  I know after my hysterectomy, it was harder to keep my weight down and I have put on some weight with all of this...........BC. It is hard to exercise with so much going on. 

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

I believe some is tamoxifen ... I need to make a decent effort to get it off and then I will know how much is the meds.

• mybee333
    edited October 2012
    Options

It is a toughie........and does effect how we feel so much. It doesn't help that we sit so much at our jobs.  And posting on these boards  :)  Just kidding.

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

The sitting is SO true ...

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi all ... Everyone is so quiet.

Paintedlady how are you doing?

Denise what is going on with you?

Mybee, how are the webinars going?

• dogsandjogs
    edited October 2012
    Options

Joanne, this is off topic, but I lived in Kitchener for about 6 months in 1968. My (now ex) was  born in Hamilton; his family lived on the hill. His grandparents were in Toronto. Haven't been back since 1974.

What are those cities like now? Kitchener was very rural at the time and I enjoyed the drive between Hamilton and Kitchener with all the farms along the road.

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

Dogs .. Things have changed a lot. I live on the "mountain". Kitchener is quite busy and developed. If you we're to drive some smaller highways from Hamilton then you would still get a lot of farms. The 401 which is like the Interstate is developed. I grew up in rural Ontario about 45 miles west of Kitchener. If you ever head this way to Niagara Falls of Toronto then be sure to let me know. Toronto is WAY to big for me. I dread it when I have to drive there. Right now our leaves are changing and it is beautiful. Nothing like fall colors. .

• dogsandjogs
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thanks! 

I'm trying to remember---I know we visited a Mennonite settlement - I think it was in Hawksville or something like that?  That was really interesting. My ex's grandparents had a little cabin on Georgian Bay.

His parents lived on Everton Place?  A cute 2 story house with a nice yard. My MIL grow all kinds of things in the back yard. I wasn't into veggies and fruits in those days though--

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

You taught me something ... I looked up Hawkesville and it is outside Kitchener. St, Jacobs and Elmira are bid Mennonite communities. It is really interesting it visit there. I was just up,on Georgian bay last weekend to a friends place in Meaford.

• Denise2730
    Denise2730 Member Posts: 320
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi Ladies! Just checking in to let everyone know that things are going well. My blood tests & exam last week was fine. Tony and I are still together. He was gone for 6 weeks and we had a few issues but I talked to him after he returned and everything is going well now. We are taking marriage talk off the table for now. I'm just not ready for a permanent commitment yet. We are both agreeable to just taking it slow.

How is everyone? Has Virginia been on here?

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi Denise, good to hear from you. Glad you and tony are together still ... Going slow is good. Keep in touch with us here --

Now we need paintedlady to let us know how she is.

• mybee333
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi all,

Just wanting everyone to know that my Dad died over the weekend.  It has been hard and I've been very busy making funeral arrangements, etc. with my sister.  I know that this will all pass and God is there beside you but I still get anxious wanting to get the things I need to get done in time and for Dad. 

My best to all - we will have to share more later.

Molly

• CityFi
    CityFi Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello, Ladies,

I know I've been gone for quite some time. I tried as much as I could to have a life offline, especially during the summer. Now the fall is here, and I've started to work again. Overall, I've been tolerating chemotherapy very well - five more weeks to go - and some interesting things have transpired with my ex-boyfriend. Like meeting his daughter for the first time -- the little girl that was conceived during our courtship! I wrote about it for Cosmopolitan.com as part 3 of a 4-part series on my breast cancer journey. Hope you'll check it out and find some hope about love during/after cancer in it. My ex and I are not back together, and I never say never, but just the fact that we can be in this place after how bad things got (I left out a LOT), boosts my faith in finding the relationship I desire if not with him another man.  http://www.cosmopolitan.com/cosmo-latina/sofia-quintero-breast-cancer-story-part-3?click=main_sr

• ButterflyLady
    ButterflyLady Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2012
    Options

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad.  My heart goes out to you and your sister.  You will be in my prayers, hon.

• mybee333
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thank you for your kindness and prayers.  My Dad has struggled with illness but it is still a surprise when it comes.

• CityFi
    CityFi Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2012
    Options

Mybee333, I haven't been on these boards for a while and have been slow to catch up. Therefore, I missed the news of your dad's passing until I read ButterflyLady's post. No, just because a loved one has struggled with illness doesn't make the loss easier.  Feel what you feel without regret or apology. I send you much love and light during this time of mourning.

• dogsandjogs
    edited October 2012
    Options

I am so sorry Molly ---sending hugs---

• paintedlady
    paintedlady Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi ladies

Mybee  so sorry to hear about your Dad.

Thank you sisters for your concern. This is going to be brief because  broke my right arm a week ago sunday.

Haven't been on the computer until now.

You all hang in there.

Will try to get back in a couple of days

Love you all

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited October 2012
    Options

Oh Molly, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you will do everything to make sure his funeral is lovely! Again so very sorry.

• mybee333
    edited October 2012
    Options

I think it will be lovely.  I'm trying to pull some pictures together - will actually do it tomorrow, but it is a bit overwhelming.  I think this is meant to be done with someone. Issues with my mom and sister are pulling my down.  It would be nice to have a family that pulls together for a change but I think I'd have to join a different family :)

Thank you everyone for your condolences and support.  It means a lot. Nice to see you Stanzie. 

Paintedlady - So sorry to hear about your arm.  Oh that has to be an aggravation!

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

Molly, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Please know that you are in my thoughts. ((Hugs))

Paintedlady .. What on earth did you do to break your arm.

• Joanne_53
    edited October 2012
    Options

Great articles CityFi ... I read all 3 parts. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Joanne

• rakulynda
    rakulynda Member Posts: 151
    edited October 2012
    Options

So sorry, Molly.