Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Western New York Area

Options

Comments

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited July 2011
    Options

Maureen:  Hope you have good luck today at your scans.  Yes, wine is a great idea!  Hopefully, my gall bladder won't get too angry.  Boy, was he angry on vacation!  I had a beer a day in Belgium and trying their famous french fries (not many people know that fries actually come from Belgium, not France).  With all the BC worries, I totally forgot that I have a dysfunctional gall bladder, but he reminded me pretty quickly.  Fried foods and alcohol are my triggers.  Starting to feel better now so I think a glass of wine is safe.  Liking the rain and cool weather!

Susan

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited July 2011
    Options

HI Ladies, scans went okay, I'll know more when the onc calls.  Didn't take extra pictures, so I'm encouraged.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  Glad for the cooler weather too.  Went to scans and was watching the rain during the wait, I could've gone to sleep LOL.  I was so relaxed by the time scan time came, I just didn't care about anything.  Glad it rained today, god was watching over me. 

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi Maureen, glad the scans went well, I too worry when they take extra views.  The rain was so welcome, we have been parched here.  See everyone tomorrow - hugs, Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited July 2011
    Options

Maureen, Keeping my fingers crossed for good news on the scans.

Wine sounds good on Saturday.

(((((Hugs and Prayers)))))

Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited July 2011
    Options

Looks like six for luncheon, looking forward to seeing all!!  Scans are all good, everything is fine, just waiting for the heart results next week then back to the hormone therapy.  Definitely something to celebrate. 

Love,

Maureen

• SusanHG
    edited July 2011
    Options

Great news Maureen!  So happy for you!  See everyone today!:)

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited July 2011
    Options

Maureen - I'm very happy for your clear scans.

• Maureen813
    edited July 2011
    Options

Wow,  I can honestly say, lunch was the most fun I've had in a long time.  Thank you everyone for coming out today and being who you are!!  Even with that annoying flyLaughing.  I didn't eat dinner tonight, I'm still stuffed from lunch.

Bevin, you are a sweetheart.  I'm so glad to finally meet you face-to-face.

Karen, always great to see you dear friend

heymoose, you are so funny

Susan, sweet as ever, hope your reunion goes well tonight

Kindone: great lady, so much fun have a great time at the lake

Have a great weekend everyone. Off to nephew's bd party tomorrow, then back to the work grind.

Love,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2011
    Options

Thanks for all the well wishes on the scans.  good news indeed.

M

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi All,

Lunch was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had a great time with all.  Bevin, the chocolates are great and thank you for lunch, it was very unexpected and greatly appreciated.  You are so sweet.

Okay the fly was very annoying, but the company was great.  Have a great weekend.  Susan let us know how the reunion was. 

(((((Hugs and Prayers)))))

Cheryl 

• karen333
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi all. we are so lucky to be in driving distance from each other, thank you Bevin - for your gifts, as your mom says, "just say thank you".  So good to celebrate together.  hugs, Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

HI everyone,  Had a Fab time.  The fly was annoying but the company the BEST!!  Hope to see everyone again soon. 

• SusanHG
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi All!  Had such a nice time with you all on Saturday!  Nice to meet you Bevin and thank you for the yummy chocolates and for very stealthily paying for our lunch Surprised.  What an amazing gift to give all of us.  May have been a couple of hours spent together on a Saturday, but I think everyone will all join me in saying that it really means so much to have the ability to share in our journey on the Breast Cancer trail. I will be looking forward to the next time and love our little group.  Thank you to Maureen for starting it all and making our lunch arrangements.

My reunion went wonderfully!  I am so glad I decided to go.  It was such a nice way to revisit high school as an adult without all the emotional upheaval of being a teenager.  I'll admit there were a few there who hadn't matured much in 25 years, but for the people who I came there to see, it was great to see the amazing people that they have become. Plus, almost everyone recognized me without looking at my name tag.  I guess I'm not doing to bad!Cool

Take care ladies and happy trails to you!  Until next time...

Susan

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen... So glad to hear about your scans....

Missed seeing you all... Heard it was great meeting Bevin!

Hope all is well with everyone.

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Susan - that's really funny about some of your school mates not growing up.  I didnt go to mine, but my girlfriend said the same thing about ours. Some of the gals still acted like they were in highschool and vying for popularity. ohh well.

Starbeauty - hope to meet you at the next lunch/dinner.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi All,  Starbeauty, missed you too!!  Sure Karen missed the driving company too.  Would you believe I had my camera in my purse and forgot to take a picture?  Can I still blame chemo?  That's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL :)    All is good here, really busy at work lately, think it's a full moon.  So DS is washing his truck today because he washes it all the time, like something out of a Stephen King movie Christine and just as he finishes washing the windshield, it started pouring, I mean really raining with hail et all, felt sorry for him but funny at the same time.  Doing laundry and enjoying my new dishwasher.  Didn't want to spend the money but it was time, I had to wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.  I was okay with doing it however DH is working from home and he had to do it a couple of times so we have a new dishwasher.  I couldn't agree more.

Take care and will try to post tomorrow

Maureen

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited August 2011
    Options

Lol Maureen.... Just got my own new dishwasher for the exact same reason... I think I'll have him do the laundry this weekend.... Maybe I'll get a new washer!

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello Ladies,  I had a great time at lunch Sat. I told my family what a wonderful group of women you are.  I very fortunate to have met all of you.

Bevin, Thank you for everything, you are a beautiful person.

Starbeauty, missed you!

Karen, Sue and Maureen great seeing you again.  Can't wait for our next get together.

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

I'd like to have my husband vacuum the carpets.. do you think I'd get a new carpet??!!

Love the laundry and dishwasher stories!

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

ha ha bev, you are so funny.  I have an idea:  do you have a cat?  Have the cat puke on the rug and "forget" to clean it up, when he steps in "it"  voila, new carpets!!!Wink

Doing okay today, getting ready for a short outing on the weekend that I mentioned at our lunch.  Wish me luck.  The company has a variety of baskets and all money is donated to charity, really nice baskets, lottery tickets, kindles, ipods etc...the only reason I go to the picnic is to bid on the baskets.  One year I won bills tickets 50 yd. line almost could touch the field...of course they lost, but really fun :)  Enjoy the weather, it's suppose to rain, thank god my garden looks like crap, straggly plants and I've been watering 2X/day.

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

It has been a veeeerrrryyyy long week. Looking forward to tomorrow and a drink out w my friends.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi All,

Bevin, sorry you had such a long week.  Have fun with your friends tomorrow and have a nice reisling for me.

Off to the races tomorrow. I'm exicited, then to company work picnic, should be a fun weekend.  Hopeful the weather holds.

Have a super weekend ladies.  I'll start searching for a place on Monday for next month's lunch or dinner .

love,

Maureen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

just got home had a great lemon drop martini!!! YUMMMM

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

I heard that there is a chocolate martini, would love to try it.  Glad you had a good time bevin, it was a long hot week, a lemon drop martini sounds like a good solution .

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

ooooo - chocolate martini sounds yummy too.

I have a quick question for any of the WNY ladies  on the AI's . Do you find your eyes are really itchy now? Mine are so itchy since being on the aromasin it's as if it an allergic itch.  I have been using some antihistamine eye drops, but the reliefe doesn't last long.  Also have gained a TON of weight since being on it. About 10lbs and since I could already use to drop a few, thats not good.

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

bevin, no itchy eyes but the weight gain definitely yes.  Plus it is really hard to take off since it is right in the midsection and I hate to do crunches.  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies,

Bevin, they took me off of the Anastrozle (sp?) because of very weird issues, now waiting for test results to understand the next steps.  Those anti-hormonals are some really nasty stuff.  Your drink sounds divine :)

I'm doing well, went to the races, lost more than I won however it was a lot of fun, then tried my hand at the slot machines, again, just broke even and don't like to play any higher than the penny slots so my chances of a big win are......zero.  I have fun though, then onto nephew's bd party at the hotel, then onto company picnic, then grocery shopping, now bed, I'm pooped!!  I look at all the families with young children and think, how do they do it.  I'd be sleeping by 10AM. 

Thought is was suppose to rain today?  We had great weather at the park, nice breeze, not too humid, overcast and I found a really cute hat to wear gardening for 15.00 at the park.  I was so excited, I wore it most of the day because I'm worried about being in the sun and received so many compliments, I felt so good.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Going to bed, I'll catch up tomorrow.

Love,

Maureen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen, Sounds like you had some busy days.  Glad you had a good time.

Girls, I just had a chocolate martini a couple of weeks ago, at the Chocolate Factory it was Delicious. Maybe we can get one the next time we get together.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Chocolate martinis, sounds like a plan.  Any suggestions or ideas,  I can make reservations etc...just need ideas.

Thundering is getting too close, need to go do laundry too.

Later,  hugs & prayers,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

One more question:  when you were diagnosed was your breast hot?  My sister had appt. tomorrow due to a hot breast?  Trying not to worry but really scared. My diagnosis anniversary is coming up and everyone wants to know what I want to do for my birthday,  I want to climb in a hole for a day, it was the worst day of my life and not sure I want to celebrate that day :(

M