Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Western New York Area

Options

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited September 2011
    Options

Everyone else, how does the 12th sound?  Funny story,  going to work today took me an extra 15minutes due to the kindergarten kids getting their first bus ride along with all the parents, grandparents and videos, really made me smile.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited September 2011
    Options

The 12th sounds fine with me.  Let me know what the plans are.  Thanks everyone for keeping my frien in your prayers.

(((((Hugs)))))

Cheryl

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited September 2011
    Options

Beautiful day yesterday. Sun, swimming. Ahhhhhh- Child back to school next week. UGH. Not looking forward to the morning struggle.

The 12th should work for me. Just need to check my calendar and make sure husband and I didnt sign up for anything.

Anybody doing any labor day shopping or parties? I need to go matress shopping.  A job I dread cuz I always feel like I am being ripped off.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies,  I screwed up.  I meant to say the Saturday the 10th.  Looking at the wrong day I guess.  Having my kids and GF & BF for dinner on Sunday then off to sister's house on Monday.  We had to do the matress shopping thing a few years ago.  The matress store right by BJ's on Transit had decent prices and good matresses.  I was convinced I wanted a temprapedic (sp) until I laid down to try one in the store...absolutely hated it, too hard.  If I had unlimited resources, I'd go with the matress that you can dial the firmness of the bed.  Good luck.

Cheryl,  Hope you friend is comfortable and happy, keeping her in my prayers.

Karen, hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Kindone, thanks for well wishes.

Update on me,  DH still on the interview track, (please keep praying). Hoping we hear from one of them really soon.  I'm still leaking and getting worried cause now the leak looks bloody tinged...sorry if I gross anyone out.  Anyway, I'm going to be calling doc tomorrow and refilled my antibiotic cause I think I will probably need it. 

Happy Labor Day.

Love,

Maureen

• bevin
    edited September 2011
    Options

Oh Maureen - I cannot believe you're still struggling with the incision weeping. Definately time for them to re-check and see if treatment needs to be changed.  I guess weeping is good in  a way as all the junk isn't staying in and causing more infection.

Have a great labor day everyone.

• heymoose
    edited September 2011
    Options

Happy Labor Day!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Mondays off. I will not be able to make the dinner on the 10th.  We will be out of town.  We are leaving for Maine and MA on Thursday and returning the following Tuesday.  Need the break and can't wait. 

I was in Rochester yesterday to see my girlfriend Shelly who has the lung cancer and a couple of other childhood friends.  It was very nice to catch up and visit.  Shelly does not look that good.  She is having a very hard time remembering things, concentrating and is in pain.  She is on mophine for the pain.  In March they gave her a year to live.  I keep telling her that she does not have an expiration date stamped on the bottom of her foot.  She just laughs.  She has kept her sense of humor and a positive attitude.  I hope it goes on for years. It was sad but a good visit at the same time.

Thanks for your prayers and if you could continue them, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Maureen keeping you and your DH in my prayers. 

Sending ((((((Hugs and Prayers)))))) to all.

Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

HI Ladies, Just waiting for my sister and thought I'd pop in to give an update. I have a leaky seroma. They want me to stay on antibiotics till see the doc on Wed.  He'd see me on Tues. however he has jury duty,  talk about sucky.....anyway they might pack it or just stay on the course.  Not sure if I'll be able to do the MRI, US, mammo even by the end of Sept. Spent most of the weekend doing the minimum cause just tired.  I know I'll regret later in the week but who cares? 

Anyway, We now have 3 choices for get together:

1. Sept. 10th

2. Sept. 17th

3. October 1st.

All are Saturdays.  Let me know by Tues/Wed. so i can go for reservations.  Late afternoon/early evening.   

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sorry ladies :(  I am only available on the 17th.  Fall is a busy time for us here.  Pot luck dinner with the French Alliance (my hsband is VP) on the 10th and birthday party for my son on the 1st.

Maureen-so sorry to hear you are still leaking.  I think that was one of the worst parts of my treatment.  Hope it closes soon.  It will just needs to get some scar tissue formed in there.

Keep me posted on the definite date

Susan

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

So far, the only one not available on the 17th is starbeauty.  I hate to miss you starbeauty however that's the only day most of everyone is available.  I'll call for reservations tomorrow, so if you get a chance, let me know who is coming either on the thread or via PM. 

Have a great evening ladies,

Maureen

• heymoose
    edited September 2011
    Options

HI all! the 17th is good for me so far.  Have a nice night.

(((((Hugs and Prayers)))))

Cheryl

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2011
    Options

Good Evening Ladies, the 17th is good for me also.

Maureen, I had a seroma under my are from my biopsy, I had to have it packed daily.  My daughters did it for me nightly.  Hope all goes well.

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2011
    Options

Maureen-

I can come!  Can you PM us with the place and time when you have them?  

See everyone soon!

Susan

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi ,  didin't get a chance to call the restaurant yet,  I'll do tomorrow.  Had to pull weeds tonight as it was driving me crazy and get to go back to the BS tomorrow AGAIN for god only knows what, maybe for a bathtub plug (hehehe).

Looks like the 17th,  I'll  PM details after BS appt.

Susan,  how's school? 

Love,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies, I just sent out the invite for our next get together.  If I missed anyone, please, please e-mail me as I'm not very good at remembering who said could and couldn't make that date. 

Update on me. Went to BS again, and he said all looks okay, he'll keep an eye and steri-stripped the wound again.  There was a piece of something in the incision he removed and said could be irritation so I'm cautiously optimistic.

How was the first day of school ladies?  Hope it all went well. 

Love,

Maureen

• bevin
    edited September 2011
    Options

HI Maureen,  I am so glad , it sounds promising that at least you have new steri strips and doctor doesnt seem to concerned. So while obviously very annoying, I am soo glad he isn't overly worried.

Day 2 of school in our home today. All went well and school is off to a good start!

I am lookiong forward to the nice weather forcasted this weekend. Have been very very very fatigued. Can't seem to shake this and now - a huge late summer cold . UGH!

To top if off, I am feeling fat, tired, sick of not fitting in my clothes and way to tired to do anything about it.

wow - I am way to negative today.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Bevin,  Sorry you have such a lousy cold.  You are not fat AT ALL!!!  You are beautiful young mom who is working her a&& off to make a home, work, be a mom at all costs.  That is exhausting.  Your daughter is young and still needs a lot of care, go easy on yourself my friend.  Get some sleep and take care of you, we need you!!!

Update on me, no leaks today:)  Cautiously optimistic, and DH got a job.  Yay!!!  So far so good.

Karen, where are you?  Did you come home to us yet?  Hope your trip went well, we miss you.

Maureen

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2011
    Options

Maureen... So incredibly glad we have two answers to our prayers... So glad you had a good day... And so glad your DH now has a job!!! So happy for you.

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi all, just got in from Pa., it is just such a long drive - 165 miles.  Had a great time, had elderberry pie made by an Amish woman, it was fantastic.  All the shops in Conneautville have hitching posts in front for the horse and buggy, it's like going back in time.  I am sooo happy DH got a job, yay - what a load off your mind and his, that was scarey.  I too had an infected seroma, was on two courses of antibiotics, glad the leaking has stopped.  Is the restaurant on the same side of the street as the mall?, about how far away from the mall?, or would I be better off coming down Sheridan?  Starbeauty, how about coffee next week, you pick the most convienent day and time.  hugs to all and see you soon, Karen

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2011
    Options

Karen... So glad you are back... Will check my calendar and get back to you. Your trip sounds wonderful... And the pie is making my mouth water. :)

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Karen, Welcome back,  I missed you.  Glad to hear you had a great time.  Yes, on the same side as the mall.  That pie sounds delicious, I can taste it right now.  I'll bet the crust was made with lard too!!  The best pie crusts are made with lard.  Yummmmmyyyy.  The doc didn't really think the seroma was infected, just saw a piece of tissue or stitch or something and removed it, didn't hurt at all.  Then he put the strips across and said to leave on until they fall off.  I just want it to stop leaking. 

Hi Starbeauty!!!

Love,

Maureen

• bevin
    edited September 2011
    Options

awww maureen, you are way to kind.  But in all honesty, I do seem to be gaining weight since this aromasin.. I wonder if thats a SE?  I am so so glad hubby as a new job offer. That is fantastic and while I know stressfull, boy did he turn that around quickly. Congrats to both of you.

Karen - did you bring us a pie back? I have not had elderberry but that sounds yummy.

• karen333
    edited September 2011
    Options

bevin, I put on weight with the Arimidex, I was talking to a lovely woman I met in Pa. who is 3 years out and is only now seeing some of the SE's like wt. gain, difficulty losing it, joint pain in her knees. She was so glad to talk to another woman who had BC, I told her all about us and the BC site itself.  Mentioned the thread on SE's too.  I should have brought a few pies back, and yes Maureen the pie crust was just so delicious all by itself with just a dusting of sugar on it and I wonder why I have a weight problem, the food is just so good!  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi All,  Doing okay today.  Nothing out of the ordinary, shopping etc...then I got the mail.  DD has been asked to join some recognition group due to her high grades.  I'm so excited for her!!  Last year of college for her, still wants to go to law school. I pray everyday that I'm around to see it.  DS doing well in college and enjoying it.  So far so good.  Off to get a presentation for work done.  I was suppose to do at work on Friday and got too busy, so I'll do tonight.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute :)  Tomorrow is laundry, outside work if it doesn't rain and just puttering around the house.  Hope all is well with my BCO friends.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Maureen, congratulations on your daughter's achievement, like mother, like daughter!!  Doesn't it feel great when our children are so honored. DS is just in the beginning stages but is a college student now, I had to pick up my DGD from high school Friday, it was  her second day of high school, and I was struck by how beautiful and poised she is, a testament to my daughter, who's confidence and independence always shines through. I was reminded of the days I picked up Mica, my DGD at the kindergarten door, does not seem like that long ago. I am watching the 9/11 coverage and I ache for those young children who speak to their dear parents who they lost.  I cannot imagine the loss and courage they show.  I find I can only watch so much and then must turn away and go to one of the sources of my support, to all you ladies who I am now blessed to know.  This last year has so been enriched by all of you, thank you so much.  hugs, Karen  

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Karen, What a lovely thing to say.  I feel all the wonderful women on this thread have made this journey much easier to handle.  Worked out in the yard for a few hours, now need to put together a presentation for next week.  Yes, I've been watching the history channel like you'd watch a horror film.  Want to look away from the TV however I cannot look away.  It's such a tragedy we must never forget.  I can remember every detail of that day and remember the joy of finding my husband who was traveling that day. 

• karen333
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi all, and the Bills won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I went to a friend's house to watch the game (always more fun or sad to watch with a group of people) and there was a lot of high fiving and astonishment going around.  We made a pact that we would wear all the same clothes for the rest of the season, just a tad bit superstitious, which may be difficult on my part - I wore a sundress.  I am allowed to wear a turttleneck under it and leggins, won't I just be the fashion plate. hugs, Karen

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi all! Hope you all don't mind me barging in on your thread!

Karen,

Just HAD to pop in here to say GO BILLS!!! My husband is so happy! I get the supersticious (sp?) part!! My DH and DS are the same way! Right down to where the game was watched, what you were wearing, etc!

i'm sure your sun dress with leggings will be just fine! So long as they keep winning!

• karen333
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Seaside, barge away, ladies this is the wonderful woman I met on the Stop Smoking thread whose husband hails from Olean.  I had mentioned to you that she might join us if she and her husband were home during a time we were having our luncheon.  We haven't given up on that plan yet, the snow won't fall for a little bit yet.  Were they not amazing seaside's DH!!!  Next weekend vs. Oakland is sold out so we will be able to see the game and if they keep playing like this, oh I can't even say it, how's that for a superstition.  hugs, Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2011
    Options

Seaside, Welcome, We would love to met you.  GOOOOO BILLLLLLLSS.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hey!!  Seaside,  you are welcome on this thread anytime.  Doing anything this weekend?  Up for a drive?  We'd love to meet you.  Especially me, I'm still doing the nasty habit.  I need some inspiration.  And if Karen needs to wear the sundress through the winter, I'll buy the long johns that she can wear underneath them!!!  I'd pay money to see the outfit for the superbowl game the Bills would be in!!!  I'd be right there with her, in a sundress if necessary, whatever it takes.

Have a question,  did you ever have a lump under your arm by your scar?  Just found a lump today right where my scar is from the ALD and I'm freaking out... I have a presentation to put together and I can't even concentrate, my mind is going to a really bad place right now.  I don't get my MRI, et all until the end of Sept.  This would be the first week I don't see the BS from the leaky issue and I don't want them to think I'm a hyperchondriac, so talk me off the ledge.

Maureen