Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Western New York Area

Options

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi All,  Glad to hear your birthday went great. Raining cats and dogs here, unbelievable.  My incision is still pouring out yellow goo, but it's clear.  I wonder if it's something to do with the Femara.  I seem to be tolerating that AI better than the last one so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Saying a prayer that DH will hear some good news this week.  Kind of stressful in the unknown but nothing like the BC unknown :) 

What does everyone think of the Olive Garden?  it's right on transit and we could do sometime in Sept?  I'll look for coupons or hope DH hears good news and we can celebrate. 

Take care ladies, I'll keep you posted.

Love,

Maureen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi everyone I am not a huge Olive Garden fan, Long waits and food is ok.  BUT there is a place right across the street  on Transit with Italian food that is really reasonable, home made and yummy. Of course, I am now not recalling the name. But when it pops back in my head ,I'll suggest it. 

Maureen- glad this AI is better.

oops, just popped in, it;s called Carmine's.  Check out the menu on line and see what you all think!

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Bev,  We've eaten at Carmines too, really good Italian food.  Checked their website and they don't do lunch?  Do you know if that's true?  Website says they don't open till 4? 

What do you think ladies, Carmines' in Sept?  Let us know.

Hubby hasn't heard anything but has more interviews tomorrow.  Keep praying, I'm getting nervous.

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Maureen, more interviews, that is just great, so glad to hear it.  Carmines in Sept.sounds good to me.  Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

You know, I am not sure about lunch, though, I am open for dinner too - more fitting for those martini's we're all going to have this time.  I'll call though and check.

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dinner and a chocolate martini works for me too.  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Sounds like dinner on the schedule.  Chocolate martini?  Never had one however I'll try anything once :)  Still leaky at the incision so back to the bsurgeon on Friday to find out what's next.  Antibiotic is really strong so can't wait to stop taking starting Saturday.  Funny story yesterday, in meeting with colleagues from Frederick MD yesterday and all of a sudden you could hear the panic in their voices commenting how the room was shaking etc....then about 3 minutes later I felt like the floor moved.  We laughed and later discovered an earthquake had hit the east coast.  It really was surreal the way it all happened real time and the delayed response across states.  We actually felt little tremors during the meeting.  DH hasn't heard anything yet and I'm getting nervous.  I keep thinking in this economy, what if?  Now watching the east coast hurricane. What the heck is going on?  Have a great night ladies and say a prayer DH gets a job an we see light at the end of the tunnel.

Love,

Maureen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

saying tons of prayers maureen.

Can't wait for our next get together. 

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

sending prayers your way Maureen.  hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

To all my WNY friends, this is what you are to me, saw it on another thread, I am crying listening to the song.  Just go on You Tube and type in "I'm gonna love you through it" - Martina Mc Bride. hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello Ladies,

I guess I have been away for too long!  Too much has happened since I checked in last---Maureen, so sorry about your husbands job loss.  I am sending him lots of luck to find another soon.  Also, so sorry to hear about your breast infection.  I had two bouts after my second lumpectomy, one during radiation and I know they are not fum, especially when they are draining.  Sleep gets very difficult!  Hope you are feeling better.  Karen-Happy belated birthday!  Hope you had a great one.  I felt the earthquake the other day.  Actually felt there was something medically wrong with me.  I was sitting at the breakfast table with my son and yelled at him for shaking the table.  He stands up and says, "Look I'm not doin it!"  So I say, "Then it must be an earthquake!"  Weirdest feeling in the world.  The table was swaying!  Definitely thought it was vertigo or something :)  Well, hope everyone is doing well.  I start grad school on Monday, so my free time is going to go down to zero, but I will try to check in when I can.

Susan

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Susan, congrads on starting grad school.  Tomorrow is the big day at college for both of my kids too, one is a senior and one is a freshman.  I wish it was kindergarten again.  They are so grown up.  Glued to the weather channel due to Irene.  Many friends and colleagues are in harm's way.  I pray for their safety.  Last day of 1st round antibiotics so I'm hoping I'm in the clear.  They postponed my scans for another month until the stuff heals, then we'll see. 

Bevin,  do you want to make reservations and IM us the details?  Dinner sounds good.  Sept. 24th is out for me, BIL 50th surprise party. I can do if you have too much going on.  I remember how hectic back to school for younger kids can become.  In college, it's just money, money, money :)  BTW, I jinxed myself about the cat vomiting trick,  I won't go into details but had the cat at the vet and will be cleaning my living room carpet this week too :)  Hoping darling kitty feels better.  I will comment on the vet's assistant and the way she treated my Iris during her office visit, usually she's a real nasty beast when they try to get near her in the vet's office.  This young girl had her purring through IV's, shots and exam.  She really has a gift with animals, I've never seen anything like it.  Made my day, knowing there are really genuine people in this world.

Love,
    Maureen

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited August 2011
    Options

Love your kitty story Maureen... Hope we hear a new job story re your DH this week... Sending up a prayer.

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies,

Don't know why I'm just finding this thread now... I'm from Rochester and had a BMX with immediate reconstruction Aug 2, and am still recovering slowly. I think I have an infection in my incision, but everyone tells me it is just an irritation (which is becoming irritating!)... Besides that, I have a week of Mommy Camp while recovering before my little boy starts First Grade next week.

Glad to find people in the same geographical area who know what a Wegmans is!

• starbeauty
    edited August 2011
    Options

Welcome eema... This is a great group... You can see people are really supportive so just lean on us as you heal. a couple of us are from Batavia and get together for coffee, plus just found another BC vet out in Leroy had coffee with her Thursday. Take care of yourself... Don't push yourself to do too much.

• Eema
    edited August 2011
    Options

Thanks, starbeauty! I can't say I'm glad to be here, but glad I found ladies from the same geographic location as I! I trying to keep it relaxing today, but don't want to just play movies all day.

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dear Eema, I am the other member of the WNY group who lives in Batavia.  I think you will like the other members of the group who are in Bflo. and surrounding suburbs.  We try to meet in Williamsville every other month when the weather is good, and usually communicate on the thread and by PM during the winter months.  There are 6-8 of us who make the luncheons, in Sept. we are meeting for dinner, have not set the date yet.   You are certainly invited to join us both on the thread and in person.  Other members will be dropping by to welcome you too.  It's good to have you!  Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

HI Eema, welcome and I hope your healing goes easy and fast.  What is mommy camp? If its R&R with martnini's and messages, I could go for that!

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi All,  Welcome Emma, old saying welcome to the group no one wants to join.  My friends on this board is the absolute best thing to come out of my cancer experience.  Hope you are doing well on the mend.  Mommy camp sounds like fun.  I could use some R&R. 1st grade, wow what a special time for you and your family.  You'll be attending the high school graduation parties before you know it. Good luck.  Please join us for our upcoming outing.

Bevin, kindone, Karen,, Starbeauty, heymoose,Susan:  Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes.  Had to run to college bookstore with DD tonight for last minute supplies and sure enough I leaked everywhere from my incision.  I'm getting frustrated with this nonsense.  Don't know what the heck is going on.  I where a kotex pad in my bra and still leaks?  Anyone ever heard of this?  Iris is feeling better and back to her usual unfriendly personality.  She's so funny, she makes me laugh. 

hugs,

Maureen  

• Eema
    edited August 2011
    Options

I wish mommy camp was martinis and massages! It is taking care of my little boy, and boy is he a handful, even for someone that isn't recovering from surgery! I felt bad today, as soon as my DH got home from work, I ran to bed for a nap, no one woke me for dinner! I woke up in pain and DH had to help me up. I have an appointment with my PS on Wednesday and hopefully the visiting nurse will come tomorrow and look at my incision. I think it is infected, but everyone tells me it is just irritated, which is irritating! I'm going to try not putting bacitracin on it in case I'm allergic to it.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day, hopefully I will be able to find a play date for my son and I will be able to rest a little. Nice meeting all you ladies, I just wish it were in a better kind of "club"!!!!!

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2011
    Options

Eema, welcome.  Sorry you are joining this group, but happy to have you.  I grew up in Rochester and will be home this weekend.  We will have to get together hopefully at dinner this month or sometime when I am home.

Maureen, praying your DH has a job offer soon.

Karen, the song is unbelievable.  I cried through it twice.  It is so special.

Susan, great success in grad school.  Hope you can touch base once in a while.

Okay, once again I would like to ask for your prayers.  A childhood friend has small cell lung cancer stage 4.  I will be in Rochester this weekend to visit w/ her and a couple of other friends.  This should be a nice visit.  I will be involved w/ her life as long as she needs me.  Prognosis is not goood.  Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

To all I am sending ((((((Hugs and Prayers)))))).  See you at Carmine's.  One of my favorite places to eat, at least twice a month.

Take care,

Cheryl

• Eema
    edited August 2011
    Options

Cheryl,

I will keep your friend (and you!!!) in my special prayers. Get the rest you need, too!

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2011
    Options

Eema, Welcome to our group.  It would be very nice to met you at one of our outtings. As you heard we have a great group.

Cheryl, prayers going up for your friend.  

Maureen, prayers for your husband also, is your breast filled with fluid a seroma? I had that under my arm and my sister had one in her breast where she had her lumpectomy.  We had to keep having in aspirated.

Hope everyone else is going good can't wait to see you all again.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi all, waiting for a late night meeting with Asian co-workers so thought I'd jump on to say hi.  Heymoose:  saying many prayers for your friend.  Prognosis doesn't sound so good but miracles can happen everyday.  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life.

Kindone, not sure what is going on, even NP is not sure.  if it is a seroma, I certainly don't need it aspirated, it drains all by itself at the most inconvenient moments Embarassed

Hey Ladies, How does Sept. 10th or 17th sound?  Most votes win.  I vote the 17th, to give mom's time to get into back to school routine.

Have a great night.

love,

Maureen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi , the 17 sounds good.  Thats a Saturday night which works well for me.

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Maureen, the 17th sounds good to me.  I'm off for a week to Pa. to see my godmother's family so I will be off line, starbeauty - how about coffee when I get back?  hugs to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Karen,  Have a great trip!!  Enjoy the coffee with starbeauty when you return.  I'll call and make reservations this weekend.  Let me know who wants details and I'll PM you the date, time, place etc....

DH had several interviews but no job offer yet.  I'm getting nervous, I keep thinking what if something happens to me?  Screwed is 1st thought to come to mind.

Love,

Maureen

• starbeauty
    edited September 2011
    Options

Karen... Absolutely... Pm me when you get home... Have fun my friend!

Maureen... I am afraid I can't make it... 17 is day DH gets home from Washington...

Heymoose... Keeping your friend in my prayers.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011
    Options

Ladies, Rather do the 12th?  Only day I can't is 24th. 

• karen333
    edited September 2011
    Options

12th is fine, Karen