Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Western New York Area

Options

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen, when I had an infected seroma my breast was hot, could be just an infection.  My first cancerverary I felt the same way, it will be especially trying for you since you knew it was cancer when you went to the birthday party and had to act OK.  This year will be easier for me since it is the second anniversary, the passage of time helps.  We got 5 minutes of rain out of the thunderstorm.  hugs, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dear Maureen,

Celebrate, dont let cancer take that day from you, your husband and your children. You Birthday is a day to celebrate. Dont let cancer win!

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen... No heat... No clue... No lump... Nothing... And it had already made it into 3 of my nodes and all the way to my chest wall. Karen is right... It could be from a lot of other things. Maureen... We celebrate that we have had a chance to know you... And we are so grateful that there is a anniversary... And there is another birthday... Cuz it means you are here to make us laugh, encourage us, and find joy in the moment. Like Bevin says... Celebrate!!!!!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi everybody.  I'm doing okay today, just remembered my driver's licence expires on Saturday so I go to the DMV to get renewed and of course they take a picture, one more reminder of my pending anniversary :(  Doc started me on Femera and already feeling funny AND to top it off my DH lost his job today, does it get any better.  At this rate, I'll it's going to take more than ativan to get me through the next couple of months. My hands are shaking so bad, its' hard to type. What next?

M

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dear Maureen, I am so sorry all this is falling on you right now.  It's like things just raining down on you.  Hopefully the Femara is going to come with no side effects, right now it's probabley hard to tease out what effect is due to the medication, what is due to stress.  So sorry to hear of DH's job, just too much coming at you.  We are all here for you. sending showers of prayer for you and your family, (((((((hugs))))))) Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

OH Maureen, I am so sorry. This must be very difficult for the family and especially your husband. I will say a prayer for all of you that this sorts itself out quickly.

Wow - I am also sorry about the Femara. I had read that was one of the least bothersome AI's. Maybe he can try aromasin, thats what I am on.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Here, we are in home work hell for the new school year.2 book reports and math package to complete.  You'd think I was pulling my childs teeth out.

UGHHH

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2011
    Options

OMG Maureen, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's job.  Positive thoughts for your family. Maybe you just have to get use to the Femara, just use your own judgement for how you feel on it.  They can always change it again it it don;t feel right.  Sorry your having a hard time with it.

Hello WNY Ladies, Hope you are all enjoying the rest of the summer.  Why is it summer goes by so fast and winter lasts so long?  Hope to see you all soon.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.  If the al you are on is making you feel funny this soon, you should check w/ your DR about it.  You do not need to have side effects at this time. 

Hope everyone is having fun these last weeks of summer. 

(((((Hugs and Prayers))))).

Cheryl 

• starbeauty
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen... so sorry to hear the tidal wave of stress is hitting you.  Please know you are in my prayers tonight... Don't let the side effects go too long...  I know Tamoxifen is usually just for premeno women - but I really have done pretty good on it other than my massive hot flashes, joints hurting and depression in the beginning.  They can give that med to postmeno women too... not sure what your thoughts are on that... but in other words... just keep changing until you find something that fits your body best.

Hi all... hope you are enjoying the break in the heat like I am... such a beautiful evening.

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

Great night out with my girlfriend and yummy pomagranite martini's. YUM.

Work hard tomorrow and then the weekend.

Hope everyone is well.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

hi Ladies, just dropped in to say hello.  Busy week and feeling down lately, keep thinking, what next?  Have a great weekend.

M

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen -I am so sorry. I am sure you and your family right are struggling right now processing all that happened. I wish  I knew how to help . Please call me if you'd like to walk, go for coffee. You're right around the corner and I am here if you want company.

Hugs

Bevin

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dear Maureen, sending you and your family many (((((((hugs))))))).  Went to see Shakepeare in the Park yesterday with a friend who was feeling down.  It is "As You Like It", it was a nice relaxing upbeat experience, if you feel in the mood for it.  Karen  ps. got there at 5:00, got really good seats, had a glass of wine, excellent troupe this year.  Show starts at 7:30, we had time for a relaxing tour through the rose gardens and watched the paddle boats.  Just place your blanket down to save your space.  It is the last weekend performance.  Take care, Karen

• kindone
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello Ladies,  How are things going?  Summer is almost over and we just got finished with our cottage.  I've been spending as much time as possible up their.  Putting a lot of miles on my car going back and forth for work every other day.

Any one plan on going to the fair?  We will probably go Thursday, we go every year.  Lots of good food.  Hope the weather holds up.

Hope everyone doing good.  Waiting to see ya soon.

Maureen, How are you and your family doing?

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi all, just got back from 2nd annual mammo and US - all clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was certain they had found something when I had to wait a fairly long time between mammo and DR. reading the films.  The woman ahead of me had to get a biopsy and that was why I had to wait.  I could hear her quietly crying, boy did that hurt to hear, I felt so bad for her.  Now I go to once a year mammos and warned to religiously do self exams.  Maureen, how are you doing and how is DH?  hugs to all, Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dear Karen- I am so happy for your clear scans.  How sad to hear that other patient crying. That must have brought back difficult memories.

Kindone- Hope that your now on to the enjoying/fun parts of owgning a cottage..It seems like we have a bit of summer left- I'm thankful for that.

I hope everyone is good  I am well, trying to clean up my house and get ready for the start of school. Lots of supplies and clothes to purchase.

Went to dinner the other night at JoJo's - it was terrific. Highly recommend the Pizza and the warm pita and humus!

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies,  Been MIA lately, just don't feel like talking too much.  Having an issue with my breast, yellow discharge from the incision and general yucky feeling.  Finally called BS today and wants to see me tomorrow, no surprise, when it rains it pours. Doing okay and glad to hear everyone is doing well and enjoying the great weather.  My DH planned a really nice BD party, small with family.  Just what I needed to get through the day.  Guess who showed up?  DD old boyfriend, doggies and all.  It was like my family was reunited.  Didn't ask any questions, just enjoyed the day.  Getting ready for kids to go back to school,  college books are REALLY expensive.  Never used to worry about that stuff, but now worrying.....

off to dinner.  DH made chicken, one less thing to do :)  Please say a prayer he finds something soon. 2 kids in college and too much stress is getting to me.

Love,

Maureen

• starbeauty
    edited August 2011
    Options

Oh Maureen... You and your DH are in my prayers... I 'm just begging God to work a miracle and give your husband a really great new job quickly. I'm so worried about you... Please keep us updated.

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dear Maureen, your family is in my prayers and thoughts.  I know how stressful this must be, may DH find the perfect job for him - sending calming thoughts to you.  Sounds like your birthday was the perfect solution, just like you not to question and just enjoy the reunited family!  love to you, Karen

• kindone
    edited August 2011
    Options

Maureen, Praying for you husbands job situation and you and your family.  Just take care of your self, thing will get better. Keep the faith. Love ya

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi all, just came from doc and now I have a breast infection so on antibiotics for the next 10 days. It's getting funny actually.  Kids go back to college next week.  Suppose to go to Wisconsin for a few days but might skip it, we'll see.  They cancelled my one year mammo/us because they can't squish the boob otherwise it leaks all over.  Just another bump in the road I guess.  Take care ladies...oh DH had 4 interviews today so hoping something comes out of that. 

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Dear Maureen, when I had the breast infection the antibiotics (2 courses) took care of it.  Hope DH has success with the interviews.  Kindone, had a chocolate martini for my birthday, you are right, they are just delicious!  Coffee with Esther tomorrow, its been a great week.  hugs to all Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

HI everyone,

Maureen - yuck - but sounds like your doctor is taking good care of you.  I am so encouraged your husband had 4 job interviews.  That is fantastic.  I am adding my prayers he has success soon.

Karen- yum - now I want a chocolate martini and its 7am. Think I will have to wait :)

Everyone else on our lovely board - helllo and hope you enjoy today. Happy Friday!

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

bevin, it was good enough to want to bathe in it!!!  Had a wonderful visit with Esther at our local coffee cafe, we did a little happy dance for my good results at the counter

• starbeauty
    edited August 2011
    Options

Yes... Karen has much to celebrate!! Plus it is her birthday today!!!  Thanks to a skilled BS and MO... we still have our Karen.  Coffee today was just the break in the chaos that I needed... such a wonderful listener you are Karen.  I got to work on being a good listener for you too.  Happy Birthday my friend! 

Maureen - how did DH's interviews go... anything look promising? 

• Maureen813
    edited August 2011
    Options

Karen, Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Karen, Happy Birthday to you!!  DH said the interviews looked really promising.  One he's hoping for is local, so he'd be home every night, yeah, take some getting used to for me though.  Thanks ladies for the prayers and well wishes, seems when I fall you are the people that cheer me on and make me keep going.  I am so grateful to have you in my lives.  Glad it's friday, worked 50+ hours and more to do by Monday, I think it takes me longer to do things post chemo...like I struggle to concentrate, weird huh?  Have a great weekend.

Love,
    Maureen

• karen333
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Maureen, thank you for the song, you sang it well, my daughter had a chocolate cake and ice cream and flowers for me when I got home plus a beautiful Birthday card which made me cry.  The cake is gone already, my grandson can really demolish anything edible.  We had a barbequed chicken for dinner from my DGD's track fundraiser, it was a really lovely day.  I'm so glad to hear that DH's interviews were promising, it would be so great to hear something positive about it next week, prayers are winging your way.  How is the infection going, are you running a fever?  It's really weird isn't it to get an infection so far out from the surgery, the BS had no idea of how I got it, but apparently it is fairly common.  Ladies, if you are looking for some great summer reading, try The Help, available in hard and soft cover at Walmart.  The movie was very touching, but the book is just excellent, I've read it twice, it is a good read and I was able to concentrate on it, something that is gradually working its way out, several people on other threads have complained about having trouble concentrating and organizing, don't know if its from the Arimidex or what.  We must all have chocolate martinis the next luncheon, had one on kindone's recommendation yesterday when my girlfriend took me to the movie and out to eat yesterday, it was just luscious!  hugs to all Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2011
    Options

Happy Birthday Karen- It sounds like your day was perfect. Happy Birthday wish wishes for a wonderful year.

• kindone
    edited August 2011
    Options

Karen, Happy Birthday and many many more.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2011
    Options

Karen, sending you Happy Birthday (((((HUGS))))). Sounds like your day was great.  The Chocolate Martinis are a hit.  They are a definate at the next luncheon. 

Maureen, hope your DH has a job offer this week, and the infection clears up.

Hope everyone else is doing fine and enjoying the rest of the summer.

(((((Hugs and Prayers)))))

Cheryl