Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited September 2011

Seaside, let DH know he made the right choice in his choice of colors, I imagine he was in a really good mood after the game.  Our next luncheon is scheduled for Batavia, I think that is a straight shot from Olean, it will probably be our last for this season, course it depends completely on the weather. Maureen will be getting us organized as to date, since it is a very popular restaurant I think after the lunch crowd, say 1:30, would be our best bet.  Thank you Maureen for keeping us all organized, when we get to the date part, I will call for reservations and list directions.  I believe the Bflo. suburb group will be driving together. This last time I used surface roads rather than the Thruway and made it to Carmine's in 40 minutes. Heymoose, kindone, Susan, Maureen, it was so good to be together and you have all welcomed seaside with open arms as I knew you would.  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited September 2011

Okay all, our Batavia trip,  2nd or 3rd week of October.  I can do either,  afternoon is best because my night vision isn't that great anymore, go figure.  anyway, let me know.  I'll have to drive myself cause I do the nasty habit.  Post what is good for you and Karen can make the reservations. 

Karen,  most women only check once or twice a week, so thinking by Sat/Sun.  we should have an idea.  Go Bills, Go Sabres and cancer leave us the hell alone.  You've served your purpose, I've met great friends, now it can stay away.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Maureen, my night vision is bad too, is that another side effect of the lovely drugs we take?  I can do either weekend too, which ever is best for all of you.  Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2011

Ladies,

I can do Oct. 22nd but not the 15th.  We have a huge yearly Halloween party that day.  Don't want to miss it!

Just wondering, I know a few of us had doc appointments this week.  Hopefully it goes well for all.  I just returned from Roswell from my post radiation check.  I guess I have lymphadema of the breast (the root of all my swelling and pain problems), so they are sending me to the Lymphadema clinic for PT and massage.  I guess they see this a lot in more active patients, and my carrying massive quantities of books at school hasn't helped.  Otherwise, no lumps of any concern here, which is a wonderful thing.  Now, just need to hold out until my first mammogram November 1st.

Take care!  I would say Go Bills! but I am not a Bills fan at all Surprised

Susan

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited September 2011

Hi All,

Oct. 22 is good for me.  The Bills game was great and thanks to those who wore the right clothes.  Lunch was great.  Batavia here we come.  It may not be the same when we leave.

I had my oncologist appointment on Monday and all is fine.  DH and I celebrated our 13 year anniversary yesterday.  It was a great day.

Betty, please pm me your cell phone info. so we can get together in Vegas.  It will be fun.

(((((Hugs and Prayers)))))

Cheryl

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2011

Heymoose...so glad your Onc visit was clean.... Mine was Monday too and clean as well... Whew!!! Karen was going this week too.... Karen???

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited September 2011

Hi everyone, I am so sorry I didnt make it Saturday. Child care issues got in the way. 

October sounds like fun.  I laughed at the night vision issue.. sign me up - I have a problem too - night and rain are worse. Personally, I think its my mid 40 age at play :)

Susan- so glad you had a good Onco appointment.  How is school going? PT sounds like no fun, but glad they are taking it seriously.  I am due for my 1 year Mammo in October, I hope hyour first one goes well - I was more scared than it was worth. I was afraid it would really hurt since I still have some good pain, but the new mammo machines are great. Less squishing and mushing = less pain!

Heymoose- Yippee and hurray for you on a good Onco appointment too!

Starbeauty - really glad to hear you are well !!

Hope everyone else is good. Its super busy here, My childs homework comes daily, tests already and alot of after school activities.  Add that to the fact I work till 6:30 each night and then again after lovely child goes to bed- it all makes  a tough evening. I feel like I am a Hamster on a wheel...

• karen333
    edited September 2011

My onc. appt. is on Thurs. morning, sounds like we are clear on breast exams with the exception of lymphdema for Susan.  Susan, my cousin is a 10 yr. survivor who had an issue with lymphadema, she had to go for PT and massage, the therapist taught her how to do the massage after the swelling was significantly down.  Now with the exception of wearing a sleeve for flying, she is fine.  I hope the same is true for you, I know how heavy those college texts are, can you get a rolling book bag?  Starbeauty, are you free for a luncheon at Alex's Place on the 22nd of October, heymoose, Maureen and Susan are all free on that date, kindone and bevin, how does the 22nd look for you? Karen  ps. Starbeauty, any time for coffee next week? pps. Alex's Place has a website, if you google it. bevin, sounds like busy, busy days for you, Once grandchildren got into higher grades, I was no help at all with homework, especially math!

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2011

So happy for all the great doc appointments.  Bevin-your life sounds just as busy as mine...hamster on a wheel?  yes, that would be me as well!

I am considering a rolling bag.  why carry all the books if I don't have to?  I was doing so well, usually taking the stairs to the 4th floor everyday.  And i wonder why I have problems! :)

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Hi All,  just a quick hello and congrats to all on the great clean scans.  So went to Doc again today and had the "bad' girl checked today.  Still oozing but want to wait and see if it heals by itself...another gift from radiation. 

Sounds like the 22nd is the day.  Karen if you call for reservations, let me know, I can send the PM's.  There is no way to send a multi person PM so they have to be done one by one. Sent you a PM too!!

Love,

Maureen

• starbeauty
    edited September 2011

Yikes... 10/22... Wedding at 2pm... Here in Batavia... Not going to reception... My son's ARC event at 6:30... What time were you thinking?

Bevin... My mammo is in October too... I'm almost 2 years out now... Feels really good to say that.

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Hi starbeauty, we were thinking 1:30, can you come after wedding?  Or should we look at the 29th?  Hate for you to miss it.  Karen

• starbeauty
    edited September 2011

Karen... Would 1pm work... I could spend 45 - 50 minutes, have a drink, and have my husband save me a seat at the wedding... Be there 5 minutes before it started... Would that work?

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Dear all, can we all do 11:30, that way we have skipped the lunch crowd and can have starbeauty for longer than an hour.  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

works for me.

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2011

Hello Ladies, Glad everyone had good Dr appt. and scans mine also.

Yes the 22nd is good for me also.

Starbeauty,  I hope you can make it, we miss you.  If anyone wishes to drive with me PM me and we will make plans where to meet.

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Hi all, all clear for me at the onc., except my blood pressure, which is a given when I go to the bc team doctors.  That was normal at my PCP though.  Let me know about the 22nd at 11:30, so Starbeauty can be with us, I have 6 so far, Maureen, Susan, Kindone, Heymoose, Starbeauty and me, bevin - can you join us?  Laura, we miss you, can you come?  And Pasha, haven't heard from you, we would all love to meet you.  Seaside - does that mesh with plans to go to Olean?  I'll make reservations on Sunday after the Bills trounce the New England Patriots - boy that's aiming high!! hugs to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Go Bills!!  Go Sabres!!!  So glad to hear all the good news around onc visits.  I go Monday for the US, mammo, MRI then off to oncs in the PM then off to BS on Wed.  Going to be a really busy week next week, then off to celebrate all the good news with my BCO friends.

Love,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Hope the picture posts: 

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Maureen, may your week be all good news and we will celebrate you. hugs, Karen

• starbeauty
    edited September 2011

11:30 would be great Karen... Sorry haven't had a single moment for coffee... Leaving for work at 6am... Just trying to get work and school done. .. So glad your reports are great!!!!!!!!

thoughts are with you Maureen as you go to all those visits...

Miss you too kindone... Looking forward to celebrating with you all!

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Hi Everybody,  Doing okay. TGIF.  Getting the scanxiety already and don't go till Monday.  I feel achy today, probably just the rain.  Well the Femara is doing the job with hot flashes.  I'm talking to my boss today and OMG started sweating like a cow, didn't know what to do, this lasted till I started getting chills and kept happening all day. still having this happen, WTH is that?  I'm used to the chills from the Arimedix.  I said to my boss;  bring on winter, at this rate I won't even need a jacket :)   Have a great night, going to rebel tonight, no treadmill, just the couch, Femara and maybe a brownie or two.  Hope you like the picture, DH helped.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Rebel here too, on the couch with Chocolate Silk ice cream, had check in on the dieting thread, lost 1/2 lb. - think I just gained it back!  I do remember those hot flashes Maureen, slept with window open a crack in the dead of winter, had to have a small fan in my office.  They always struck at the most inopportune times.  Karen

• starbeauty
    edited September 2011

Hi all... Just want to tell you all how proud of myself I am... I walked and yes finished a 5k race today benefiting ARC.... I did not finish last... And no one carried me... And I didn't cheat... It feels so good to be getting past the awful weakened state I was in.

Got my copy of my blood work... My ALT and AST levels were nearly double... WBC was quite high too... Not liking it, but attributing it to being sick for a month and popping ibuprofen and cough syrup like it was candy. I hate that every detail of these reports makes me nuts.

On the positive side... PMD is letting me switch my B/P med to propranolol... Good BC study findings about it... So if I need some med for high B/P it might as well help keep me NED.

Mmmmm... Brownies sound so good...

Hugs to everyone!

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Hi Esther, I got a call from the Buffalo Bills, they want you to take a touchdown in tomorrow against Tom Brady.  Seriously - I am so proud of you who didn't come in last, or get carried in or cheat, as if we ever would have questioned you.  I googled ast and alt, it said it can raise when you take OTC meds like ibuprophen and such, is that why you're not worried?  You can afford to eat 5 brownies, one for each k of the race, 5k is really far!!  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Ester,  GOOD FOR YOU!!!!  You should be so proud of you accomplishments.  You've officially kicked this bc stuff to the curb.  I'm so proud for you, school and a 5K run.  You are an amazing woman and I'm honored to be your friend.  ALT, AST can raise for many reasons, most likely from meds that clear through the liver.  You know the old saying, don't worry until there's something to worry about.  Easier said than done.

I have something to confess.  Went to a cocktail party tonight. Many people at this party.  One woman kept pointing me out to EVERYONE telling them I'm the woman with breast cancer.  I was so disgusted, I left. DH thinks I overreacted.  These people don't know me very well at all and I could just be me, didn't want to be labeled and looked at with pity or provide private details of my life so I just left.  I think DH is upset because there was some good contacts for him, but I just couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm going to bed.  I was so glad to read Ester's post, it gives me hope that people do move past this label so thanks Ester for helping me.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Maureen, I think I would have left too, how dare she discuss your private business, using you for a conversational topic.  It would either have been leave or say something confrontational.  Sleep well you two friends, you've had busy days.  hugs, Karen

• starbeauty
    edited September 2011

Maureen... Oh gosh, believe me when I say I have my down days still... I guess what is happening is I am starting to believe I don't need to live in a constant state of down... But no hero here.

Some people just need to have someone to gossip about... They actually live vicariously off the pain and hurt of others. They absorb the pity and support as though it is their own... So quite frankly the woman at the party has a sicker mind than our bodies and deserves our pity for the pathetic way she is living her life... Walk proudly my friend because you have just slogged your way through a hurricane in your life and you are still standing! Don't let the toads of this life ruin your parties. Hugs Maureen... You are encouraging all of us everyday... You matter so much.

Karen... I can picture you confronting that woman... Looking at her with your unrelenting stare... Gosh I wish you had been there and could have put her in her place!

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!

• karen333
    edited September 2011

That's my "teacher look", never used it much but it was effective, never really had a super bad kid, but that lady CERTAINLY DESERVED IT.

• starbeauty
    edited September 2011

Karen...

Are you decked out in the sundress??? Someone just said he thinks the Bills are going to win... The power of the dress!!!!

I am inhaling a York peppermint right now and telling myself you said it was ok. Lol