Western New York Area

Comments

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited September 2011

OMG!!!

The Bills just pulled ahead!! You should hear the screaming in my house...... Of course, it's so loud that maybe you CAN!!

I don't know if my heart can stand this!

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2011

DO YOU BELIEVE IT???? WE WON!!!!! Sundresses for everyone!!!!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited September 2011

I'm in shock!!!  I know Karen had the sundress on and Sea's DH had his blue or white shirt?  Either way, one step closer to the greatest Superbowl party EVER!!!  I turned on the game and they we 7-0, turned it off...turned it on again 14-0 turned it off.  Did more laundry, turned on the TV 21-0.  Refused to watch.  DH came home from club where they were watching game and he said, you're not watching the game?  They won!!!  Cannot believe they won against NE.. Simply amazing!!

Hell, I'll wear anything LOL

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited September 2011

What a game, just got home from my friend's house and we were screaming too, high fives all the way around.  The power of the sundress!!!!!!!!  And Ryan Fitzpatrick is one  cool customer.  Love the visual of all of us at a luncheon next fall decked out in Walmarts'  very chic sundresses.  Hugs to all,  Karen  Can I ask all of you to pray for a friend of mine who is in a very fragile state emotionally, I have asked God to hold her in His hands.

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Seaside, the amazing powers of wearing the right clothes, I bet you all are hoarse, it was amazing, tell DH he does good work in picking the blue shirt for home games.  One of my friend's had a different shirt on, made her change at halftime!  hugs, Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited September 2011

Go BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sundress and shirts for all. 

Hugs and prayers for sisters that are going for test this week and for Karen's friend.  I would also like to ask for prayers for a friend of mine that passed away friday from cancer and a girlfriend who had surgery on friday to remove her thyroid cancer.

On a happier note what a great lunch we had and a great pic posted.  Betty thank you for the candle.

Hugs,

Cheryl

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Dear heymoose, so sorry to hear about your friend, will be praying for both of your friends.  Maureen, prayers for the all-clear on all your tests tommorow, and for a calm restful sleep tonight.  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Thanks Ladies, and prayers to all of you and your friends. 

Love,

Maureen

• SeasideMemories
    edited September 2011

I agree with Maureen in that we here are ALL in shock but, it is TRUE!!! We WON!!!! The Bills are just on fire!

Great Job on the sundress Karen..... DH did the blue shirt (home game) and I joined with my own blue shirt.... The in-laws from Olean were here this week-end and both wore shorts for the game.... I DID explain that they will need to wear the same outfit from here on out! Somehow I'm not certain they will follow through!

Go Bills!!

• SeasideMemories
    edited September 2011

Karen,

A prayer for comfort for your friend... Sometimes emotional pain is just as bad as physical pain....

'Lord God, you are my strength. Hold my hand in my weakness and teach my heart to fly. With you, there's nothing to fear, nothing to worry about. Hold me tight in your embrace, so that I can be stronger than the challenges in my life. Amen.'

Heymoose,

This poem/prayer was read at my cousin's funeral. It touched me deeply and hope it applies to your friend as well! It is never easy to lose someone we care about especially, given our history, to cancer....

When I Must Leave You

'When I must leave you for a little while please do not grieve and shed wild tears and hug your sorrow to you through the years but start out bravely with a gallant smile; and for my sake and in my name live on and do all things the same, feed not your loneliness on empty days, but fill each waking hour in useful ways, reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer and I in turn will comfort you and hold you near; and never, never be afraid to die, for I am waiting for you in the sky!

• SeasideMemories
    edited September 2011

To all going through appointments and tests....

Sending comforting thoughts and prayers.....

• heymoose
    edited September 2011

Seaside, you have brought tears to my eyes with the poem/prayer.  That is amazing.  Thank you for sending.  I really needed to hear that.

Hugs and Prayers,

Cheryl

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2011

SeasideMemo, Beautiful poem/prayer, it dose bring comfort.

Karen prayers for your Friend.

Maureen, hope all goes good to marrow, they will I knowSmile.

The Bill's did it again YES. I had to work tonight but I got to see must of the game from the TV's in the ER rooms.  Tomarrow I have to work a double so better hit the bed.

Love you Ladies!

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

hi all, been poked prodded and pictured most of the AM, have these node things that radiologist is calling b9 scan again in 6mo. :(  The onc said all seems to be well less the se from femara and since I'm SIII have no choice but to deal....um thanks I guess?  DH went with me and sat through the nonsense like the prince he's is.  Then took me to dinner which I promptly came home and fell asleep till just now.  Tomorrow I revisit the BS.  Oh, not much leaking during the testing, really good sign.  Anyone else have these node, cyst things going on in the breast, good and bad side?  I'm seriously considering a mx.  They can't take all of them.  oh yeah and I have swollen lymph nodes.  Is this a good report or bad report?  I'll ask bs. tomorrow.  stayed tuned ladies. 

Love,
    Me  

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Dear Maureen,was wondering where you were,cat just wlked over my head and woke me up.  I prompty came to check on you, I had mammo and US each 6 mos. till I was 2 yrs. out, so b9 mammo sounds pretty typical.  Not much leakage is a good sign, your body must be reabsorbing the fluid, so antibiotics have done their job.  I don't know about the node question, that is one for your BS also swollen lymph node question.  If onc didn't seem concerned, I would say it was not anything to worry about, I know you've probably already done it, but list your questions for the BS, don't jump to conclusions, which I know is harder to do than say.  You have all of us praying, so you are left with a little wait that we all know and love to do, it seems to be part and parcel of this bc, damn this bc.  Ester will be along with more knowledge than me, so hold on.  And aren't you the great date to promptly fall asleep, wonderful DH for going with you..After being poked and prodded, falling asleep, that is your body letting the adrenalin out.  Everyone will be checking in, I know we were all waiting for you to post.  You're on the top of my prayer list, one more day to wait,  then BS will answer all your questions. ((((((((hugs to you)))))))) - Karen 

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Went to BS, all is ok, scan in 6mo.  All good. Post more later

Maureen

• karen333
    edited September 2011

YEAH Mareen, super news, big hugs, Karen

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2011

Maureen... Bet those nodes are just doing their job with a rather significant infection in the region... My nodes have been swollen this last month... Sinus infection, bronchitis... It is the body trying to heal you... Friend of mine has had the chronic cyst thing... Not nice at all... But not BC either. I know you just want to be well and not hear one more thing is wrong with you, but from what I have experienced is that it takes a good bit of time for all of it to settle down... For me about 1.5 years... Even now my immune system is weak and easily overwhelmed by what other people kick in a week. I know I am getting truly better... Still have that underlying fear that the next shoe is going to drop, but for the first time in awhile the fear is not based in anything real I am feeling. so glad you got b9 reports... Just thrilled for you!!!

• heymoose
    edited September 2011

Maureen what terrific news.  I will be leaving for Las Vegas in the morning and will catch up with everyone when I return.  Remember GO BILLS!

Hugs and Prayers for all.

Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Thanks Ladies!!

Cheryl, Have a great time, hope you get together with Kindone in LV.  Take lots of pictures!!!

Maureen

• SeasideMemories
    edited September 2011

Maureen,

Glad to hear that the testing went well!! The days leading. up to those tests/scans and waiting for results are soooo hard! Getting a 'see you in 6 months' has to feel so good! My MRI is scheduled for Oct 17 and I can already feel my blood pressure rising every time I think about it! Will feel good when it is done..

To the ladies heading to the TaTa reunion in Vegas.... I hope you all have a blast (as if there is any doubt...lol).... Hoping for stories when you return.....

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Thanks Seaside,  Hope you can join us next time.  I would love to meet you.  Doing well, just really tired today and want to watch survivor.  My hubby is a sweetheart.  I had this really old food processor that I threw out when I took my mom's brand new one right after she died and was cleaning out the house.  Took it home and put away until I needed it.  So I go to use the brand new one and there are no blades, not a single friggin one.  My own fault I probably threw them out cleaning out the kitchen.  Anyway, fast forward to today, my hubby used most of his Marriott points and got me a brand new Kitchen aid food processesor.  I'm so lucky to have him, can't wait for everyone to meet him at our superbowl party when the bills make it that far LOL.  Have a great night.

Love,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Hey, where is everyone tonight?  Hope all is going well and enjoying our wonderful weather.  I'm doing okay, just watching tv and taking it easy.  Lazy today.  Thank you Femara. 

Take care
    maureen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2011

Me again,  I sent everyone who wanted to go to lunch a PM. If you didn't receive a PM and would like to join us, please send me a PM and I'll forward the information.  I'm soooo excited to see my best friends again.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited September 2011

Hey Maureen, I sent you a PM, glad you are taking it easy hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Yes Karen,  Thank you for sending along the correction.  I resent all the PM's because the first one had the wrong date.  Can I still blame chemo?  It's really getting old.  My week officially sucked.  In 3 days, I had exactly 1.5hrs. that I wasn't in a meeting.  Talk about getting nothing done!!  End of quarter,no matter where you work is just too busy.  Everyone realizes they need to clean off their desk and then bam.....garbage flows down stream.  I think I'm at the mouth of the river today.  uggggh....Anyway it's the weekend, it''s cold and I'm cooking a Turkey for dinner tomorrown night.  Both of my darling children are sick.  One with runs and other with stuffy head.  Want to go to bed and just forget the day.  I think I'll make chili too,  it's officially comfort food weather. 

Have a great night everyone. 

Love

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Dear Maureen, you can blame the chemo and the femara and a workweek that sounds horrible.  !.5 hrs. to get your work done, unbelieveable.  My daughter was sick all last weekend, some virus going around.  You take such good care of your family and of us, ((((((hugs)))))), Karen

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2011

Oh Maureen... That truly sounds like the week from hell!

I tend to collect sayings and quotes that hit home with me and your words of 'garbage flows downstream and I think I'm at the mouth of the river today' was cut and pasted to my list! I think we all have days like that... when all you want to do is get home, change into something comfy and forget this day (or week) ever happened!

Tis the season also for all school age children to be sick! Mine are college-age (my daughter is living back here during her student teaching semester and my son is here while attending community college) and both were sick this past week! Crossing my fingers that I will be spared!

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2011

This weekend my husband are heading out of town.... We are celebrating a couple of things....

I don't tend to celebrate the date of my diagnosis as my cancerversary but rather, October 2, which was my last day of radiation (active treatment).... Then October 3 is our 24th anniversary...

We have booked a bed and breakfast that we will be staying at for 3 nights.... Now we have to just get OK with leaving the kids here.... Grandma and Grandpa live less than 5 miles away but still.... They are 22 and 18 and we have only ever left them here alone for 1 night....

Staying at a bed and breakfast has been something I've always wanted to try... We'll see if expectations match up with reality....

We won't be home for the game on Sunday but, rest assured.... DH will be wearing his away game white shirt!!!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Hi  Seaside, have a great time and happy anniversary.  You have the same anniversary as my sister and she'll be married 24 yrs.  Talk about coinsidence :)  Make sure your husband wears his WHITE shirt tomorrow.  I want to have a superbowl party.  I'm really psyched.

Karen,  do you have the dress ready?  You may need those longjohns on Sunday, it's freezing outside and there's a bitter wind.

Me, doing okay, ended up taking a visit to Urgent care over the heart beat thing, they said I have an elongated PVC??? Whatever that means?  Anyway back to the doc on Monday for another monitor.  Off to cook dinner for friends coming to visit.

Hi Kindone, heymoose, Susan, Starbeauty and bevin, hope work, school, and life in general is being good to you.  I miss you ladies!!

Love,

Maureen