Western New York Area

Comments

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2011

Maureen-

So sorry to hear about your week from hell.  I'm sure it can only get better from here, right? :-)  Hope your kids feel better as well...

Susan

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited October 2011

Thank you Susan. 

Karen,  Sundress? 

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited October 2011

Hi Maureen, I am staying home today, so definitely sundress, I am however hedging my bets.  If they win today, I wll buy a Buffalo sweatshirt, I have never had any Bills merchandise, even long ago when we were winning.  So, today it will be portable heater and sundress with sandals. Karen

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited October 2011

Ok... Who choked and put on different clothes???? Was that painful to watch or what?

I am with you Maureen... The week has been intense!! I have been a vegetable all weekend. Can't wait to see everyone!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

I'll admit,  I had sweatpants on today.  I was freezing. 

Karen?  Seaside? 

I think the Bills got skunked on that one play.  Why are all the announcers against the Bills?  Or am I ULTRA sensitive.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Nope you're right, we got skunked on that call, had on same dress, same sandals and the portable heater in front of me.  So much for superstitions, it was soo painful to watch.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2011

Hi friends, hope everyone had a warm cozy and dry weekend in spite of the rain.!!! 

Really bad call on that play. The yelling in this house is as if my Husband owns the bills himself..Got to admit, this time I really am with him.

I spent the day in pj's and long sleeved shirt. Comfy and cozy at home. I'm hankering for a Five Guys burger for dinner but that would mean I'd have to put some clothes on. NOT happening.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Hey Bevin,  you could probably hear me too!!  Usually DH is very, very reserved and hmfffs when he's annoyed with calls.  This time he got up, walked away and was mumbling all the way, knew he was annoyed.  I'm the yeller in this house, Sounds like your hubby and my hubby would really like each other.  We should get together sometime. 

Karen,  you froze for the good of the team, I'd keep with the sundress.  It's only one game and they gave a pretty good fight.  They need to keep the stamina throughout the game and that comes with experience.  They're is always next week.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Hi Ladies, Hope all is well with everyone tonight.  Went to the doc (again) and they referred me to a cardiologist.  So I'll be taking one med to counteract the se's of another, sounds like a plan.  I posted on the no smoking thread because this is my next hurdle.  Say a prayer that I can do this.  Interesting thing happened today.  I haven't had a Vitamin B12 shot is sometime so at the doc, they gave me one today and the palpatations have significantly decreased, strange, but I might give them a call tomorrow and mention this, maybe something to that? 

Work is better today, just doing what I'm doing and seems to be less stress or I'm just letting the river flow, it's all good.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Dear all, everyone I have talked to seems to have had a week of huge challenges, full moon maybe?  Glad you are seeing the cardiologist, those SE's sound potentially dangerous and definitely scarey.  And if you have to take one pill to counteract the SE's of another, sobeit, as long as you are OK.  You are our leader, our glue and whatever it takes to make you comfortable is OK by me.  I have a counselor whose phrase it took me a long time to accept, "it is what it is", when I can get to that conclusion on a problem that is bothering me, I am always calmer.  Posted on the Stop Smoking thread also, hugs to you, Karen

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    edited October 2011

I am upstate a lot..this looks really fun. And BCRF really spends their money well. 

http://www.bcrfcure.org/eve_2011.html#/events/calendar/2011-11/party-4-pink

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Where is everyone?  My grandson won his 2nd football game of the season, up to this year he only tied one game. and that was 0 to 0.  We celebrated with his favorite, cheese, pepperoni and bacon pizza.  He did get tackled very hard and hit his head on the ground, my DD has to wake him up every hour.  It was terrifying to see him lying there, the paramedics checked him out and said he was OK but still very scarey.  Prayers please ladies. 

• starbeauty
    edited October 2011

Praying Karen... Will keep at it throughout the night...

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2011

Karen, praying for your grandson.

Maureen, hope all goes well with the cardiologist, let me know who you are going to.  Alway something, you will get though this too.

I am packing for Vagas, leaving on Thursday.  I am going to meet Cherly on Monday.  We are going to have a hoot. Thinking about all of you and will see you soon.

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited October 2011

Karen.....

Speaking as a Mom of a high school hockey player, those injuries just stop our hearts!!! Sending prayers for your grandson!

We were away for the Bills game but, listened to it on the radio in the car... DH wore his white shirt but maybe it doesn't work in the car?!!! Maybe we have to be watching where we were the prior week??? God, I hope not because I was sitting on my back deck which will be crazy cold in December....lol

I was hoping that the Bills would pull it out in the last heart-pounding minutes but, i was not to be!!

We'll get 'em next week!!!!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Cookielegal,  Thanks for the heads up!! Sounds like fun. anyone interested?

Karen,  I'm so sorry to hear of your grandson's injury, I pray he makes a full recovery.  Heartwrenching to watch children get hurt. Keep us posted. My heart goes out to you and your family ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) Thank you for all the kind words, it's so easy talking to my WNY friends, you all are my long, lost soul friends, I so value your friendship.

Starbeauty/heymoose,  Have a great time in LV.  Play some slots for me!!  Who knows you'll come back healthy, happy and rested.  Enjoy the warm weather.

Hey Seaside, Hubby needs to wear right shirt in front of the TV at all costs (LOL)  If you need to watch on the deck, borrow Karen's long johns :)  Let's get them next week.  I want to have a superbowl party.  You can spend the night if necessary!!

Hi bevin, susan, hope you are well.

Doing okay today. Get to go on my date with DD tomorrow to see the Lion King,  I'm so excited. Our first date since our weekly chemo date.  I'm sure I'll enjoy this date more!!

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Dear all, he is fine, woke up each time enough to mumble I'm Ok, just left for school - we have coffee together every morning.  Thank you all for your prayers - I think he should skip footbal and try track, lol sort of.  He is a big strong boy so is always a offensive and defensive guard, he plays both positions, so is always in the middle of it.  Kindone and heymoose have a wonderful time in Vegas, starbeauty, I will see you Friday for coffee - yay, Susan, know you are doing wonderfully in school, bevin, will you be able to meet us on the 22nd and Maureen, find a real doctor dedicated to healing, that cardiologist was a fraud of the worst sort!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to see all of you. hugs Karen, ps, my friend is doing better, she is seeing a psychiatrist who prescribed an antidepressant to get her through this rough time in her life. Seaside, I forgot to thank you, re. game attire, I am giving the sundress one last try, it is supposed to be beautiful this weekend,

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Great news Karen!!  sorry for not posting the past few days but recovering from my date :)   We went to dinner and then off to the play.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I really enjoyed the play.  Love the song akoona mattata (sp?), we know the one, means no worries for the rest of your days, it a worry free philosophy.....Love the song.  Ran into an old co-worker from the hospital and he inquired how my children were doing and how old they were with my daughter standing right next to me, laughed out loud when he thought they were 12 or 13, my DD said I'm 21, it was really funny.  Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend, it's suppose to be beautiful.  Karen, where's the sundress? 

Seaside, what color shirt today?

Hi Bevin, heymoose, kindone, Susan, cookielegal.  Hope everyone is doing well and being healthy.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Maureen, the sundress is ready to go, we are all sitting in our Game 1-3 seats, all wearing what we wore in Game 1-3.  It should be a good game and a tough game, the Eagles are 1 and 3, so they are definitely going to be tough, hopefully we are hungryer,is that a word?  Had coffee with Esther this morning, she is really working hard on the course and the job and family.  I did it when I was in my thirties, that was tough, cannot imagine doing it now.   It was so good to see her, she is just such a joy.  DGD had powderpuff football game yesterday, no tackles allowed, opponent just has to grab a flag off the runner's waist, much easier to watch. The freshmen beat the sophomores 20 to 0, Mica is a freshmen and was just so psyched.  Enjoy our beautiful weather, know the girls are having a great time in Vegas.  See all of you soon, hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Go Bills!!!  Cleaning house and working outside today, then off to a cookout tonight, I suspect will be the last for sometime.  BEAUTIFUL day in WNY, enjoy the day.  I have the house airing out today and with the sun shining in....I can see all the dust hence my cleaning spree.  Quick someone medicate me before it gets out of control (LOL) 

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Yay Bills, they are going to have a beautiful day to play.  Must be something in the air today, I'm cleaning drawers and packing up clothes for Salvation Army, when you find the drug Maureen, pass it on.  Talk to all of you tomorrow!  hugs, Karen

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2011

Been feeling a bit under the weather for the last couple of days.... I wound up catching some kind of respiratory thing that is kicking my butt a bit!

Tomorrow is a home game so it's definitely the blue shirt!! I will be sitting on my back deck as I was when they beat the Patriots!! Thank God the weather is supposed to be nice! Come December this could get rough....lol

I haven't been struck by the cleaning bug but, did take a look around and, yikes.... I could definitely stand to dust! Oh well.... maybe when I feel a little better....

Glad you enjoyed your date Maureen! Seeing a performance of the Lion King must have been such fun!

Hakuna Matada, Ladies!

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2011

Ohhhhhh Nooooooo!

Turns out the game will not be televised here..It will be the Giants being shown on Fox and NOT the Bills!

DH will have to go out to see the game but will wear his blue shirt!! He will go to the same bar where he went when we beat Oakland so, hopefully that will work! I will be sitting out on the deck alone but, if they win, it's worth it....

Of course, last time we were in this situation where it wasn't shown here, I listened to the end of the game on the radio on my way to the grocery store.... So maybe I'll do that again!

Anyway....... Go Bills!!!

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Hi Seaside, do they not know how important it is for you to watch the game and that our superstitions be respected?  The Giants, who cares to see their game, I think if you are out on the deck, we should be OK.  But definitely listen to the game, do other Bills fans hold true to their superstitions as we do?  I certainly hope so. Talk to all of you when I get back from my friend's house

• karen333
    edited October 2011

aah ooo, my hostess is ill, so I will be watching at home with my DGS.  Hope this doesn't throw the karma off!  Karen

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2011

OMG!!! They DID it!!! And against the Eagles, no less!!!

My husband hasn't come back from watching the game yet, but I'm thinking if I listen reeeeal hard, I may hear the cheering all the way at my house!!

What a season this is shaping up to be! Just remarkable!

Karen, looks like even though we both had a monkey wrench thrown into our plans of where to watch, we came out just fine!

• starbeauty
    edited October 2011

Way to go girls!!!! I think someone should let the Bills coach in on the secret sundress!!! Whoohoo!!!!!!!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

Sundress and shirt!!!  The superbowl party is shaping up as we speak.  So, to recap, Karen now has to wear the sundress and watch with her DGD.  Seaside's husband has to go out to watch the game. Seaside has to sit on the deck.  I have to clip coupons and do laundry.  Also wearing a pink harley shirt and beige shorts.  Hate motorcycles so my husband bought me a t-shirt as a joke.  They were fabulous till the 2nd 1/2 of the game, then it was a nail biter.  I enjoyed the windows open and could hear the cheers at every score.  We have new neighbors kitty corner to our house and he was wearing a black and gold shirt and they have a steelers flag outside their front door,  not a very good stategic move if you ask me, they won't be making friends anytime soon.. everyone who jogs or walks their dog just stares....glare is more like it LOL.  

• karen333
    edited October 2011

Oh lord, that was a nail biter, we are so good it does not matter if we are in our appointed places!!!!  Now I keep my promise to get a Bills sweatshirt and retire the sundress.  So great to have a winning team. Are my WNY sisters OK with that?

• Maureen813
    edited October 2011

only if you wear the sundress OVER the bills sweatshirt LOL !!!!!