• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Love, Jan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited December 2011

Merry Christmas my WNY friends, Hope you all have a blessed day!!

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited December 2011

Hi everyone, I am so sorry I missed sending messages over the weekend. I had a really busy time. Thursday and Friday last minute gift buying, family in town, Saturday cleaned house all day and picked up the Christmas Eve dinner. Susan- like you I finally gbot dressed and showered at 3:30 Saturday.

Saturday night friends over for dinner and drinks and tons of fun. My little one , who is not so little anymore stayed up until 11 watching Christmas movies. Then up at 5:45 on Christmas morning. UGHHH. of course, my instructions were to go back to bed until 8am.  I know, I know ... mean mom!!

Finally woke, had coffee walked down stairs and we found Santa had come. Santa had atee his cookies and the reindeer had their Carrots. After opening too many gifts, we went to Christmas day mass and then on to my parents for dinner. Back home and in my PJ's at 8pm.  It was a great day!

I hope all my WNY BC org friend all had a glorious Christmas and Hannukah or Kwanza. I can't wait to see you all in the New Year. Blessings to everyone for a healthy New Year!

xoxo

Bevin

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2011

Glad you had a great one, Bevin!  So nice to finally get to relax now.  Slept in the last two mornings until after 9.  It felt so gooooddd!  Christmas went well, but such a lot of work!  But, Christmas Eve was magical and that is the best part.  Tristan said that he knew he was getting a Wii because it was"such a small load"!!! A small load?? What would he say if it really was a small load? He has been playing video games 24/7 and he even hurt his leg jumping around and couldn't walk yesterday.  Guess he isn't used to all the exercise. One good thing about the Wii :-)  

Since I have an aversion to New Years Eve, we may be boycotting this year, but do love New Years Day....working on fixing up the house this week plus maybe a trip to Toronto fit in.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas!

Susan

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited December 2011

Hi All,  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. The day was wonderful and I enjoyed my family.  Yesterday my GF and her husband were in town and we spent the evening catching up over the past year.  We made our first communion together and through grammar, high and college we became the best of friends.  She told me I look no different than two years ago, Ha!! My hair was in a bob almost to my shoulders.  She looks the same as we did in High school. Anyway planning a trip to NY in the summer to visit.  We planned on going the year I was diagnosed with BC.  I told her I need to save money, they love Atlantic City so I'll save my donation money LOL.  I got a Kindle fire for Xmas and I love it!! Already read a book,  I love to read.  The books I bought were free but you can buy books from 0.99 - really expensive.  I'll have to keep track of that budget for sure.  Today went shopping for necessities.  Tomorrow, I'm sleeping in, no work, Paul doesn't have to work and Mere had to take GF to the airport at noon, so I'm hoping to sleeping unitl 6:15AM  LOL  Good night

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited December 2011

Hi all, had a wonderful, relaxing Christmas, my DGS made the coffee and let it get ready before he woke me up.  They both wanted track clothes and school clothes and were happy with what they received.  Susan couldn't believe I found the white Victorian nightgown she had asked for, thank heavens for google.  Just got back from a long lunch with my DD and my stepdaughter, Karianne, those two were roaring at the things they did that I didn't know about.  It is so perfect to have her back in our lives, the two girls have plans to get us all together trying for once a month,  She just called me to let me know she got home safely and she had a wonderful time.  This is what Christmas is all about, renewing family ties, enjoying  each other's company  and spending time together.  They love that I call them kids or girls, when they are both in their forties, all a matter of perspective, my godmother called Sam and I kids and we are in our 60's!  Betty, I introduced my DD to chocolate martinis, another convert.  Can't wait to get together with all of you in January. hugs, Karen

• Reality
    Reality Member Posts: 532
    edited December 2011

Hello and Best Wishes to all - I have lived in the Adirondacks for the past fourteen years, but previously lived in Springville, NY ( South of Orchard Park/Hamburg), and worked in Williamsville for 18 years, so I still identify strongly with WNY. It is very cold at times here, but we do not have as much snow and wind as WNY. We are expecting -4 tonight. 

Take care,

Sher 

• karen333
    edited December 2011

Dear Sher, I used to live in East Aurora, now that was a major snow belt area, not too far from Springville.  One day I got up at 3 in the AM to shovel my car out of the driveway to get to work at 8.  Got it all done and a snowplow came around the corner and dumped heavy snow and slush  back in the driveway.  I called my supervisor after I stopped crying and stamping my feet to tell him the story, he said see you tomorrow.  Now I live in Batavia and the lake effect seldom comes this far east.  Stay inside and warm tonight.  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited December 2011

Hi Sher,  You are so lucky.  I used to vacation in Eagle Bay, just east of Old Forge for years.  We missed one year and lost our spot :(  It centered me and I miss it so, so much.  Welcome to the site. Hope you don't get too much snow.  I'm very close to Lockport so we don't get the snow too bad unless it comes off Lake Ontario. 

Karen, glad you had a great visit with the girls. 

Off to the dentist tomorrow, cracked my tooth :( 

Maureen

• janhart
    edited December 2011

Hi Ladies, Looks like everyone is having a busy week. Just trying to get caught up with things around the house on top of spending some fun time with the family. Going to bingo tonight with my two daughters. Tomorrow I have my pre-op appt at Sisters and then my exchange surgery is on Jan 7th. Can't wait to make this exchange...so tired of these TEs.

No big plans here for New Years eve as of now. Who knows....sometimes I just like to stay home. What is everyone's plan for New Years eve? Gotta go. Bingo is calling.

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited December 2011

Hi Jan,  I love Bingo!! Where do you go on a Wed?  Only place I know is Sat. @ Cardinal O'Hara in Tonawanda and it's always so busy.  Good luck with the pre-op appt.

NYE will be spent at home with sister, DH and whatever child wants to come.  Always have filet on NYE with shrimp so they usually show up for dinner.  Bribe?  You betcha LOL.

• janhart
    edited December 2011

Hi Maureen, We went to St. Andrews on Sheridan and Elmwood. Didn't win a cent, but was fun being with my two girls. Stopped at McD's on the way home for 1.00 hot fudge sundaes. Pre-op went fine...I'm good to go.

Thinking about the shrimp for NYE also. One year we ordered take out from Outback. It was yummy.

• karen333
    edited December 2011

Hi all, Happy New year to all my wonderful friends, may 2012 be a great year for all of us, peaceful, filled with love and devoid of drama.  Spending a quiet night here at home, I'd put money on the fact that the kids see the ball drop but not DD and I.  hugs to all. Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited December 2011

Happy New Year ladies! I wish you all a safe, healthy and wonderful New Year.

Love

Bevin

• SusanHG
    edited December 2011

Happy New Year to all my WNY friends!  May our 2012 be happy and healthy and may it bring many good times together...

Mussels for dinner tonight but probably won't make the ball drop.   Still have a bit of a sinus problem, which makes me tire out quickly at night.  Seems the cold weather the other day brought it back again, but not as bad as it was, thank goodness.  Officially started back on my healthy diet.  I have definitely overdosed on cookies this year :(  Can't wait for tomorrow.  I love New Years Day and making a fresh start!

• kindone
    edited December 2011

Happy and Blessed New Year to all my WNY friends.  I think about you all the time, can't wait to get together again.

DH and I are going out for a earliy dinner with friends and then to DD for the ball to drop, then home. Have to work in the AM.

• Reality
    edited December 2011

Oh yes, Karen - I know East Aurora well - what a beautiful town. (My children thought it was so awesome that we lived near the Fisher-Price factory). We have had a very mild winter so far. It gets really cold here, but we rarely get dumped on with snow - its more like a steady day-to-day build up. 

'Best wishes for the New Year

P.S. I worked at Kissing Bridge years ago - I moved to the Adks because Whiteface Mountain "kid-napped" my skiing-snowboarding children when needed bigger mountains! 

• Reality
    edited December 2011

Karen - forgot to mention - I definitely recall being trapped in my driveway by the snowplows. If we did not shovel out right away, a big icy ridge formed at the end of our driveway and we were really trapped! 

• Reality
    edited December 2011

Thanks, Maureen - Oh, Eagle Bay is beautiful - there are so many lovely spots here in the Adks. There are, however, so many beautiful spots in WNY - Zoar Valley was one of my favorites. I live in a small cabin at the base of a mountain. I often walk in the woods to help me be centered. 

Best wishes for a good New Year ahead.

Sher 

• karen333
    edited December 2011

Dear Sher, my DD's best friend in East Aurora was Mimi Moog of the Moog synthesizer and Fisher Price owner.  I took the two of them to a Sean Cassidy concert, oh the high pitched screams were ear splitting, when he burst through a huge circle of a poster, Mimi took a deep breath and I had to remind her to keep breathing.  It is a lovely town, Viddler's was their favorite haunt, it is still there with the red and white awnings.  It is double its original size.  Your children must be quite the skiers.  Happy New Year to you .  Karen  PS. we have no snow, just grass showing, I hope this doesn't mean we are going to get dumped on in Jan. and Feb.  We all meet for lunch about once a month, you certainly are invited to join us if ever you are over this way, usually meet in Williamsville, it is of course dependant on the weather. 

• Reality
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the lunch invite, Karen! Thanks, also, for the Sean C. story - too funny!  Oh yes, Viddler's - I always loved that store at Christmas-time. 

• Maureen813
    edited December 2011

Happy NY all.  Hope it's happy and healthy. Just taking a break from prep.  Did anyone hear the weather report?  We're going to get quite a bit of snow coming tomorrow night.   Anadagram, I grew up hiking through Zoar Valley.  Love the waterfall and used to eat at a little restaurant at the bottom of the hill, great hot dogs but can't remember the name?  Jan's maybe?  She was a great person.  Whiteface mountain is close to where we stay.  Trying to get back there in the early summer.

Which weekend is good?  I have a "tooth repair" on the 7th :(  so I'd prefer a different day. Just let me know and I'll call for reservations next week.

BTW, found another place today.  I was standing in line at the bank and asked the teller for a recommendation of a good fish store.  The man at the next booth said "Hayes" in Clarence and gave us directions.  WOW, great seafood place.  It's a restaurant too!! nothing fancy, kind of expensive but the seafood looked great.  I got some shrimp and blind robin herring to which my DH bitched cause he said no one eats it anyway.  It's good luck though and I will take any luck I can get.  

I miss you ladies sooo much, extra hugs next lunch. 

Love,

Maureen 

• karen333
    edited December 2011

Hi all, extra hugs from me too, missing all of you, the only weekend out is the 7th, hoping you are not in pain.  Feels like mos. since I saw you all last, extra hug to that lucky dog, Buster.  Love, Karen

• Reality
    edited January 2012

Oh yes, Jan - I can smell the hot dogs and see the little place right now! I also cannot recall the name, but can see it perfectly in my mind. Thanks for the memory.

• SusanHG
    edited January 2012

All weekends are open for me.  Maureen, I love Hayes as well.  Nothing better than fresh fish.  Nice to have finally gotten through New Years.  I dread it every year, but this year was definitely more meaningful for me.  Wanted 2011 gone--over and done with!  Hello 2012!  I know it will be a great year for all of us...

Hugs and can't wait for lunch,

Susan

• janhart
    edited January 2012

Happy New Year to all my friends here. I truly wish you all health and happiness.

I am free any Sat. this month except the 7th. Choose a date and place and I will be there.

love, Jan

• starbeauty
    starbeauty Member Posts: 106
    edited January 2012

Hi all... Happy 2012 to all of us...

Maureen... Going away for a little hanky panky with my DH 1/13 weekend... Other than that all open.

• kindone
    edited January 2012

Hello Ladies I work every other week-end so I an working 7,8th and 21,22nd.  I can make it on the other weekends.  So please go by where the most of you can make it.  I know its hard working weekends.

Starbeauty, you go girl, you deserve it.

• Maureen813
    edited January 2012

Happy New Year everyone!!

How's the 28th for everyone?  Don't think we should be too concerned about the superbowl LOL!! Let me know.

I took down most of the Christmas decorations today. Just have outside lights and tree.  Love, love, love Christmas, I just need to get them down before I go back to work.  January will be busy and will probably be traveling soon too :(  Long story, I'll tell you when I see you.

I have the Adirondack bug again.  Just sent an e-mail and vm off to the place we usually stay and asked if they have anything at all open.  I need to go back there.

Stay safe everyone, the weather really sounds nasty tonight.

Love,

Maureen

• SusanHG
    edited January 2012
    Good for you, Starbeauty.  I only wish Smile