Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited September 2012

Wooooohoooo!!!  Dear Karen,  Whatever you are doing and wearing.....DONT MOVE and this outfit is a keeper :)

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited September 2012

Hooray for the Bills, boy we looked good!!!  Makes a big difference in your mood doesn't it, I put my blue shirt from last week in my jammie pile, never to be worn for a game again.  Felt like a true Batavian today, had my Bill's shirt on, at Walmart just before the game to pick up smoked gouda, strawberries and crackers to take to a friend's home, lots of Bill's shirts at Walmart on a Sunday!  We were a happy crowd, same group I watched with last year.  Fine to send time and place via email.  hugs, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited September 2012

I was outside enjoying the great weather. When I went in I turned on the tv to check the score and couldn't believe what I saw.....21-0 just before half time. Let's hope they keep it up. Next home game is vs New England and relatives from Boston are coming up to go to game with DH and DS.

I would also like an updated email list if anyone has it. For some reason the one I have doesn't have all on it. Maureen, I had the same problem trying to send multiple PMs. Couldn't do it. Looking forward to a busy week and lunch on Saturday. Making another trip to my moms later in the week to help clean out her basement. Still no new living arrangements. She wants to move (I think) but isn't ready for assisted living. Also stopping by school on Tuesday to see kiddos from last year and drop off some small stuffed animals for the prize box. We're doing some major cleaning out around here. We made about $300 from our garage sale, but still have a lot of stuff left. We might try one more Friday in a couple of weeks, then everything goes.

See everyone on Saturday. Susan, will be missing you, but enjoy your time with your in-laws.

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited September 2012

Great job on the garage sale. Had the same issue with my mom Jan. She didn't want to move then she got sick and couldn't move. It's hard for them. As long as she's safe all that matters. Go bills party at my house if they go to Superbowl.

Love

Maureen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2012

Hi Everyone!

I'll miss everyone on Saturday, but will see you very soon.

Jan-we made about $500 from our garage sale-we had it on a Friday and Saturday, plus a small pre-sale earlier in the spring.  Even though it seems like a lot of money, the stuff was worth much, much more-I was aggravated too Bevin because everyone wants things for nothing!! Definitely better to donate and take the tax write off.  Sometimes, it works out to be more money!!

Shingles better today-go to doc on Wednesday.  They better not say it isn't shingles because I KNOW it is.  Oh brother-gotta love doctors-jeesh!!

Susan

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited September 2012

Hi All,

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at our Saturday lunch.  Not much going on here, finished making the braceletts (?) for Vegas BC group.  I am stating to pack or at least get my clothes together in one place for Vegas.  I will be in Vegas this time next Tuesday.  Boy I can not wait for that vacation.

I have my six month checkup at the Oncologist on Friday, pray that everything is fine. 

Susan, I am praying for good news for you on Wednesday at the doctors. Karen, I am happy you are getting better.  Prayers to all.

Maureen can you tell me if Colden Mom will be at lunch on Saturday.

Hugs, Cheryl 

• Maureen813
    edited September 2012

Good luck with all the doc appt. this week ladies.

Waiting to hear from Coldenmom.  I'll let you know if I hear from her.

Take care, see you Saturday.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited September 2012

Hi all, see you Saturday sans O2!!!!!  Hope Dr's. appt. goes well tomorrow Susan.  hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited September 2012

Hello Everyone,

I will be so sorry to miss our lunch tomorrow!  Well, finally received a tentative diagnosis.  I have disseminated varicella i.e. pretty much a chicken pox/shingles like infection.  I guess Valtrex was not the right drug for me, so they increased my dose of acyclovir for 5 days and then I go back to the doctor.  If they then come back, then they have to investigate if it could be something else.  She took more samples this time (I guess they were better and more typical shingles lesions), so they will test these as well for bacteria etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will do it!

I've been prescribed stress reduction.  I think after Sunday my stress will decrease considerably!  (my in-laws leave then!Wink) Can't wait to relax at last!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cool weather.  I know I am !!

Take care all!!

Susan

• janhart
    edited September 2012

Hi Ladies,

Really enjoyed lunch today....missed those who could not make it. Nice to be able to share good news and frustrating events in our lives. See you all next time.

Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited September 2012

Hi all, had a really good time at lunch today, breakfast for lunch was delicious, Betty - sorry Buster has to go to boot camp lol, see everyone on the 6th, love Karen

• heymoose
    edited September 2012

HI all,

Lunch was wonderful, but it can not compare to the company.  I really enjoy the time I spend with you ladies and look forward to our time together.  

We missed you Susan, Bevin and Colden Mom, hope you are doing well.  Susan I pray you will be soon to kick the shingles to the curb.  

Hugs to all,

Cheryl 

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2012

i just love you girls!!

love Betty

• Maureen813
    edited September 2012

Had a lot of fun yesterday can't wait till Oct.missed Bevin coldenmom and Susan yesterday. They had steak n eggs on the menu. It was delicious. Such good company too. Bills did ok today so Karen must have the golden outfit on today. Cut down my rosebush so I have a dozen of long stemmed blood red roses in a vase in the kitchen. They're georgeous. Must have been the weather this year because my veggies didn't do well at all and I watered them more than the roses by far. See you all in Oct. I'll send info this week.

Love me. GO BILLS

• Maureen813
    edited September 2012

Hi all, where is everyone?  I'm doing okay.  Had a dinner party tonight with my neighbors and guess what I learned how to make?.....CHOCOLATE MARTINIS :) It tasted so good, all I thought of were my dear BC friends.  I know I'm lax with sending out the info for lunch in Oct. so everyone who was at the last lunch knows the date.  I'll try to do now, but tired from running all day.  GO BILLS

Love,

Me

• karen333
    edited September 2012

Dear Maureen, your lucky neighbors!!, and you could have two, since you were already home!!  Today will be a BIG test for the Bills, wouldn't it be grand if we won.  My cat decided it was time for breakfast, that's why I'm up at the crack of dawn.  My DD had a date in Buffalo with her new beau, guess where my big, tall football player is sleeping?, he came up at 12:30, we decided to let him sleep where he is.  He made a nest on the floor with all my big couch cushions, my boy-man.  What great stories for future girlfriends. love to all, Karen

• karen333
    edited September 2012

OK BILLs. let's beat them like we did last year!!!!  Maureen, discovered a new milky chocolate liqour called Choco Lat, that makes a dynamite chocolate martini.  Only one liquor store carries it, it is right near the Lady Godiva liqour. 

• karen333
    edited September 2012

Is everybody screaming, Seaside, what is hubby wearing, I've got on the lucky Bill's t-shirt.  Wouldn't it be wonderful?

• karen333
    edited September 2012

OoooNooo, time to do the laundry, not the lucky shirt apparently.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2012

it was lucky during the 1st 1/2 Karen :)  I'll have to look for that other martini mix.  The godiva is 13.00 for a very small bottle, really expensive.  Only had one last night, WOW, that thing is full of liquor.  My girlfriend and I were ready for bed after one LOL.  Oh well, we'll drown our sorrows from the imminent Bills loss. 

Maureen

• janhart
    edited September 2012

I was so excited too, about the game. All our guys went including my brother in law and two nephews who drove in from Boston for the game. One nephew is from here so he's a bills fan. Anyway, second half had me switching between game and love it or list it. We won't hear the end of it now. Well hope they had fun...they had a ton of food to grill and the rain held off so it wasn't a total loss. My DD, sister in law and niece walked in the Making strides walk this morning. We also lucked out with dry weather and had a good time together. Stopped at panera on way home for lunch. I have a busy week coming up, a couple of appts, and going to my moms on Thursday. I will not be able to make our next lunch.....going out to a friends campsite for the day. Hope everyone has a good week and will miss you on Saturday.

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited October 2012

hi ladies, could you respond with yea or nay today for luncheon?  I have a good amount of cannot make the lunch so may have to cancel, but need to know by this evening.

Thanks

Maureen

• janhart
    edited October 2012

Cannot make lunch tomorrow :(

• kindone
    edited October 2012

I plan to make lunch tomarrow, let me know if anything changes.

Betty

• Maureen813
    edited October 2012

we're on see you soon :)

• heymoose
    edited October 2012

Hi all,

Lunch was wonderful.  We missed all that could not attend.  Okay, the bills did not do so well today, let's hope next week will be better.  

Have a great evening and sleep well.

Hugs, Cheryl 

• kindone
    edited October 2012

Hello everyone,  Sorry we missed so many at lunch, but we had a good time and the food was delicious.  Looking forward to the next get together. How is everything going with everyone?  I am doing good, but my sister is going for a pet scan and bone biopsy.  I think its just a cracked rib, but they have to rule everything out because of her DX.  Please say a pray for good results.

Love Betty

• SusanHG
    edited October 2012

Ok I guess bc.org is not sending private messages to e-mail any more!!  So sorry to miss the lunch on Saturday, but couldn't have made it anyway :(. It was Family Fest at Praxair and had to take my son around while my husband filled balloons with Heliox, his product :).  Hope you all had a nice time.  Betty-praying for good results for your sister!

Have been busy, since hubby had to leave right away for Italy on Sunday.  I'm sad because he will miss my birthday tomorrow, but we will celebrate when he comes home on Saturday.  Finally got my skin biopsy results back, and am happy!  I have folliculitis, not shingles!  I was a little upset when they said they want to see me back in two weeks...two weeks, just give me the antibiotic now!!  I've up every night itching to death and can't take it any more!

Hope to make our next lunch!  hope everyone is just fine and loving our sunshine today...

Susan

• karen333
    edited October 2012

Hi everyone, so sorry I couldn't make it to the luncheon, surely did miss all your smiling faces, will try to make the next one.  Betty, sending prayers for your sister and positive thoughts for a quick and good result.  Waiting is always such agony.  Susan, I'm glad it isn't shingles but sad you have to wait two weeks for antibiotics, cannot imagine being up all night just itching.  All this time they were treating you for shingles!!!  I have just received the Ok from my insurance co. for sleep apnea test and will schedule yet another test, I hope I don't have to wear that mask, I am not sure I could stand anything over my face.  Have had to go back to wearing O2 when I have a many errand day and my knees have been simply burning, am glad for this sunny day, the last few have been so dreary.  love to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2012

Betty,  Let me know how everything with your sister turns out, sending positive thoughts her way. Let us know your next weekend off and I'll get a lunch together.  

Karen, we missed you so much.  Hope things are less hectic and grandkids are doing great.

Susan, Happy Birthday to you!! Missed you on Saturday.

Cheryl, had a great time with you and Betty, hope life is good.

Bev, hugs and kisses friend.

Jan, hope your mom is recovering from the break in and doing well.

Me? Good, just the usual work nonsense.

Talk soon,

Maureen

PS. Bills don't stink, THEY SUCK. I think they should pay them based on their performance. Any other corporation rewards for good performance. What's the motivation, here's a million dollars for just showing up yet we pay first responders close to minimum wage to save our lives in an emergency? OK done with the whining but they need to win and soon.