Western New York Area

Comments

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2013

Yes I can. I know there is a big monthly meeting at the restaurant that is booked in advance. I will see when they are coming in may and let you know. Have a nice time and Happy Easter everyone!!

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited March 2013

That'd be great, Happy Easter Debbie, we are anxious to meet you and hopefully soon Auralaine too.  Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2013

OK, Don't be mad at me but I having driving school on the 20th.  I am calling tomorrow to see if I change the date to see if I can go another time, for the 10th timeWink.  I will let you know.  If I can and get out early, I will come right to the restaurant. 

Sorry  Betty

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2013

Betty, Driving School (again? LOL)  That's ok, my DS will be joining you :)  Glad to hear you gave up the nursing home. One job is enough, not sure I could work two jobs anymore.  One is enough. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and lots of chocolate. Went to my sister's house for dinner and brought roasted carrots marinated in orange butter sauce.  First time I tried the recipe and it worked out well. Stayed for a few hours then home to bed.  I think the past couple of weeks caught up with me.    So I took a true vacation day today and slept until 10AM!!  I can't remember the last time I slept that late.  Then went and picked up my Femara and vitamins and climbed on the couch and watched TV until dinner time. Now I'm back on the couch taking it easy.  So far the 20th works for me.  BTW, I think we should all write a nasty gram to mother nature and let her know the April fools joke with the weather is not funny at all.  I liked yesterday, really nice weather.

Talk soon.

Love,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

In case anyone is interested this is my sister-in-law.

http://www.geiselfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1522759/Martz-Susan/obituary.php

• karen333
    edited April 2013

Dear Maureen, thank you for posting that, what a fine, caring person she was and oh so young to be separated from her family.  love, Karen

• 3mom
    3mom Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2013

Hey ladies!  So home and recovering from bilat mastectomy - everything went well and have TE's in place.  I go tomorrow to PS office for 2 drains out and then later this week to PS.  Was really pleased with both doc's and my sweet husband who leaned over me the next am in the hospital when the PS changed dressing and he says "They look amazing..I am so impressed"!  Ha...that is one way to look at it!  My mom came in town and she is helping a ton with kids who are off on break this week - amazing how limited my arms are and chest strength.  Hello to Auralaine - if I had been able to do DIEP as reconstruction I would have been with your two surgeons - went to Rochester for consult and loved Vega's office but that option was not going to work so stayed local here in Buffalo and have been pleased - janhart - I ended up with your PS - he is such a kind man.  Waiting for full path report this week but nodes were clear so that is fantastic.  Christina

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

Hi 3mom, Great news!!  So glad nodes were clear.  Thinking your doc is Dr. Bauer?  If yes, love, love, love him.  It's all uphill from here.  Great to hear your mom is around to help out.  It will take a few weeks to get back on your feet.  If you work with Andrea his wife and np, you will love her too.  She's great.  Rest my friend and recuperate, you've earned it.

Love,

Maureen

• 3mom
    3mom Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2013

Maureen - thanks for the encouragment - yes rest is needed!!  Actually Dr. Bauer did my other surgeries when I was younger back in my 20's for fibroadenomas but this time I saw his new partner Dr. Lyndsay Gutierrez Panchal - she is very kind, as he is, and well trained - just finished surgical breast oncology fellowship from Roswell but working with Bauer in private practice - so have been really pleased with her also.  

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

I met her when I had the unfortunate luck of dealing with an infection.  She seems very nice too.  Doc Bauer did his fellowship at Roswell too.  Like the whole group.  They understand what you're going through.  Rest well, looking forward to meeting you soon.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited April 2013

SPRING, WHERE ARE YOU, WE ARE SO READY!!!!!  It's snowing sidewards.  ENOUGH ALREADY.

• kindone
    edited April 2013

I'll be at lunch, changed my class, again!!!!  Betty

• karen333
    edited April 2013

Hooray!!!!

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

Yay Betty!!  Can't wait to see everyone.  And it's sunny, we'll hit 50F this week HOORAY for spring, it's about time. I'm doing better now that drama is starting to downslide (I hope :)

3mom, how are you feeling?  Hoping on the mend?

skigirl:  Haven't seen you post in a few days, all ok?

Hi betty, cheryl, bevin, jan,karen,susan.

Susan, hoping you enjoy all that warm weather and vacation arriving home exhausted, tan and broke :)  now that's a vacation!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

BTW, don't post when in the middle of drama, hate to dump all the negativity on my friends but sometimes I reach the end of my rope and just purge from my fingertips, thanks for understanding.

Love,

Me

• Skigirl72
    edited April 2013

Hi there ladies! I am here. Taxol is giving me some trouble. I am very tired so I am sleeping alot and zoning out. So far though it has been easier than AC so I am thankful for that. I am planning on starting back at the gym on Tuesday if My counts are higher than they were last Monday... we will see... Have a great Saturday. Its sunny and getting warmer by the minute!!

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

Sorry Taxol is giving you trouble. There is light at the end of the tunnel, just hang in there.

It's sunny today looking around the gardens to see the winter damage.  So far doesn't seem to bad, just where plow and kids drive out of the driveway ruts.  Explain to me how you need to drive over the grass when it's a double wide driveway??  We put up sticks so they would stay within the cement area AND my DD drove over it, these kids scare me sometimes LOL.

Just sitting here deciding what to do, I need to start spring cleaning, I WANT to play snood, get some sunshine, have a chocolate martini and win the lottery.  Pretty sure I know which one will happen.....off to wash curtains and rugs. Oh well enjoy the day :)

Love,

Maureen

• Skigirl72
    edited April 2013

Had Taxol #2 yesterday and so far so good. I'm taking ambien for sleep the first two nights. The steroids were keeping me up. I am starting to feel like a real human now that AC is moving off into the distance!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Looks like we are finnaly getting our spring...

• karen333
    edited April 2013

Debbie, so happy that Taxol is treating you gently, may it continue to do so.  I remember Maureen saying that the steroids made her feel full of energy, sleep is so important to keeping you feeling well, you must have a wise Dr. to give you the Ambien to sleep, or is it a wise patient?  Finally spring, it feels so good, certainly did make us wait.  The luncheon is on the 20th, we will be looking at good dates for the May lunch, do you know which date in May is already booked for you?, so we can plan around it. 

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

Grrrrr off to doc. Off work for two days with intestinal bug not fair during nice weather. Could ne worse....

Deb. Sounds like taxol is going ok. Btw I can spell. Just cant type very well on kindle. Have to be good. Many teachers on this board.

Off to doc ill report back when I get the ok

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

Grrrrr off to doc. Off work for two days with intestinal bug not fair during nice weather. Could ne worse....

Deb. Sounds like taxol is going ok. Btw I can spell. Just cant type very well on kindle. Have to be good. Many teachers on this board.

Off to doc ill report back when I get the ok

Maureen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited April 2013

Really enjoying this weather although reports called for rain and more rain. Oh well what do they know. Maureen get well..kick that bug out. My DH had a bad case of bronchitis recently so I stayed away....slept in guest room for a week!

Christina, you're a little more than one week post op.....how are you doing? Kids must be back in school, so can you rest more?

How is everyone else? Looking forward to lunch. Oh and don't worry about misspellings....I've retired from that position.

Jan

• karen333
    edited April 2013

Hi all, Maureen, tell that bug it has three days to vacate, due for pretty severe weather change for Wed., Thurs., Fri., you can be home and warm and cozy, temps a high of 50, lows of 30, has already cooled down here and is all overcast, at least the majority of the day was sunny.  Had appointment with MO this AM, all clear on physical exam, aromosin and I are getting along well and migraines have stopped, very nice doctor, easy to talk to. Had myself all anxious, my BP was high when I walked in, re-check after exam, normal, boy what our minds are capable of doing.  Looking forward to seeing everyone, reservation is in Maureen's name.  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

Hi all back from the doc. Have (they think) food poisoning :( so off work till Thurs. Grrrrr its more stressful to be out of work than be there sick but I have a note and need to be good. Ive graduated to pedilyte and toast first in three days. Have to get my groove back only a couple of weeks to martini time.

• kindone
    edited April 2013

Maureen, i hope your feeling better.  I hope all our new girls are doing well, it just takes time, I promise.  Nothing new here, just working.

Buster story,  Allstate came to do a 5-7yr inspection, and saw we have a pit, they called us and told us me might not be able to get renewed in Oct, after 25yrs of service.  They consider the dog as a liability.  They are looking into getting us a different home owners insurance, or we might have to get rid of Buster.   I say get rid of him, but my DS wants to keep the mutt.  So I'll let you know.  Anyone here of this before?

I am looking forward to lunch on the 20th.

• karen333
    edited April 2013

Dear Betty, never heard of this before and you've been with Allstate 25 years, shame on them, he is hardly fierce, he is just a big galumph.  If I had a fenced in yard and a one story house, I'd take him.  Missed a step on my stairs last week and sprained my ankle, my PCP put me on Ibuprofen and RICE, it feels mounds better already but no chocolate martini for me if I take my medicine on Sat., am leaning heavily on not taking it and having the waitress  bring us all our signature drink.  See you all soon, hope you are feeling better now, Maureen.  Can't wait till the 20th. love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited April 2013

Karen, be careful, you know you have a lunch date coming up......yes, Betty, I have heard of that practice regarding certain breeds of dogs, but they should also go on your record as a 25 year customer,,,,poor Buster......Maureen, hope you are feeling better.

Hi to everyone else.....just waiting here for this rain to let.....it's definitely not dog weather. Had to put mine in the basement to dry off when she came in a little while ago. Let's hope the week end brightens up a bit. See you all soon, Jan

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited April 2013

Hi all you lovely Ladies,

Sorry I have not been posting in awhile.  It has been a crazy time around my house.  Saturday was a wine and cheese pairing at my house and then we had dinner.  It was a great time and the pairings were perfect.  It was three days of prepairing for the tasting.  Then onto Sunday for the shower.  Kate bagged alot of loot as DH would say.  The shower was wonderful, Milos did a great job.  Now we are working on the flowers and cake.  

Okay enough about my life.  I hope everyone is well.  I am looking forward to my chocolate martini on saturday.  

See you on Saturday.

Hugs, Cheryl 

• karen333
    edited April 2013

Hi ladies, well we had one beautiful day, sounds like Sat. is going to be cool, when will real spring come and stay?  Cheryl, you have been busy!, I think we are all looking forward to our chocolate martinis!!!  See you all on Saturday, we are sitting in the room near the creek, maybe the sun will come out.  hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited April 2013

Yes, I have returned with too much sun, fun, and yes, broke, but even after a week and a half, still haven't recovered yet.  What a wonderful trip to Disney we had.  Looking forward to spring and going through application process to adopt a retired greyhound. Been seeming a little quiet around here ;). Cannot wait for chocolate martinis! Talk to most of you then...Susan

• Maureen813
    edited April 2013

Thanks for a wonderful afternoon. Good food. Good martini and great friends. Hoping the new girls are feeling well enough to join us in June

Love

Maureen