Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited May 2013

It will be beautiful Cheryl, you and the bride will survive this week, then just enjoy the day, love Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013

Cheryl, Saturday is going to be a beautiful day.

Make sure you bring pictures to our next lunch!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2013

Best of luck. Cheryl. All will be great.

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2013

Hi everyone,

Today I had to go for my simulation; tomorrow is a dry run & finally on Thursday my 1st treatment. 

Cheryl, How exciting for you!  I hope the weather improves for Saturday.  Relax & enjoy the day!

Karen, It looks like my treatments will take me til July 2nd;(sighFrown) so hopefully I won't be too tired on the 29th. I can't wait to meet all of you!  I'll just have to see how I'm feeling @ the end of June. 

I'd really rather be going to Jamaica like Betty!   I need warm weather!  It's been so cold here & w/ the change in temps, I've had a sore, scratchy throat these last few days & losing my voice. 

Have a good night ladies,

Linda

• Maureen813
    edited May 2013

Linda hope you can make the lunch. Id love to meet you. The rads were doable for me but needed a nap in afternoon. Great to hear you'll complete rads before July 4th. Just think you will have your independence from this crap LOL

• karen333
    edited May 2013

Dear Linda, like Maureen, in the last 2 weeks I needed a nap in the afternoon.  It was not exhaustion just tired.  Hoping we will get to meet you and Debbie on the 29th at 1 in Batavia.  Cheryl, hanging in there girl?, supposed to be a beautiful Saturday.  Betty is on the beach sipping something tropical!!

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited May 2013

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I have gone MIA recently, but really, it is because I have been very busy running like a headless chicken ;).  I will try to catch up here.  Frogive the brevity.  Bevin-your mom will be in my prayers.  Maureen-thank you. Tristan is growing like a weed!!  Karen-many new flowers.  It is lilac and lily of the valley season so I am in heaven.  Cherylso sorry to hear about your friend's mother. Prayers.  Jan-don't feel bad...after gardening I am pretty sore and I've been biking and always Pilates.  To all the new ladies and Skigirl-welcome and hope you are surviving treatment.  It seems like a long road, but it will be over before you know it. Well, had my yearly Breast mri last week.  I went into receiving these mri's knowing full well there would be biopsies, most hopefully benign.  Well, this was my second one and of course, yes, I need a biopsy.  They see two tiny "indeterminate" areas...no tumor or mass, just a "shadow".  Radiologist recommended a biopsy to make sure.  Please note: this was found in my opposite nontreatment breast.  So, of course, here preparing for the worst, but well aware that the larger area is only 5 mm., so if it turns out cancer yet again, well I'll just have to go through the drill.  I should be an expert by now, right?? Oh Lord, please give me benign results.Innocent

So sorry I haven't been around.  My husband just gave me an iphone for my graduation so I can see if I can manage this website on there.  (Ive been spending all my time at swim lessons, violin lessons, and volunteering at Tristan's school)Undecided  My biopsy is Friday, so have to wait, then wait for results.  I definitely think waiting is the worst.  Holding off on the dog for now.  Want to wait to see what happens.  We are all set though-we just have to make the call and they will go through the process of finding us the perfect dog.

Love,

Susan

• karen333
    edited May 2013

Dear Susan, will be praying with you for benign results, and as you said the waiting is the worst part.  You have all of us for support, we will be waiting with you, and ready to celebrate with you when it is confirmed as a shadow.    Are you still at yearly MRI's?, Try to enjoy the garden, lilacs and lilies are my favorites too.  You certainly are keeping busy, that is the best thing to do.  Sending prayers your way, love, Karen  Hate, hate, hate bc!!!, for the turmoil it brings to our lives.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited May 2013

Susan, good to hear from you, but so sorry you have to have a biopsy. Know that I will pray for good results. Sending good positive thoughts to you tomorrow. We will all be waiting with you. Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited May 2013

In your pocket tomorrow. Susan. Hate any testing on a Friday. It makes for a long weekend worrying about nothing. We know it will be nothing. Stupid cancer I'm so sick of this nonsense. Had an appt with my rads onc on Monday for yearly and they cancelled because they no longer accept my insurance. So can't see him anymore. What bullshit. Cranky today sorry ladies. Tucker is acting out. Doesn't help that everyone of ds friends think hes cute and lets him get away with trouble. He needs puppy discipline or he'll be spoiled just like my kids. My mom used to sugar them up amd send them home. Then it took two weeks to get them human again. And my hot tub broke.

Not sure I can wait till June for chocolate martini

Love me

• bevin
    edited May 2013

Dear Susan

Saying a prayer for you, wishing you strength  and hoping hat everything is benign.

• SusanHG
    edited May 2013

Thank you everyone for your prayers!! My biopsy is next Friday, so have to wait a full week.  My stomach is in knots.  Maureen-sounds like you are haviing a bad time with everything from insurance, hot tub, puppy trouble.  Yeah, seems like my days have been that way...traffic court, cat trouble (he ate my son's Kindle cord), thesis submission complications (yes, still), and now my dumb boob.  I think Angelina Jolie has the right idea. Let's hope for better luck in the days ahead.  Thanks again,

I'll keep you posted.  Won't go MIA this time, I promise.

• karen333
    edited May 2013

Dear Susan, they couldn't fit you in sooner?, no wonder your stomach is in knots.  I swear some of these "medical professionals" have no idea the torture of waiting.  If it were themselves in the same boat, it wouldn't be over a week wait!  Keeping you in prayer and sending calming thoughts for moments of serenity during this waiting period.  love, Karen 

• karen333
    edited May 2013

Dear Maureen, when it rains it pours, you are not dealing with a single event but a quadruple headache.  My cousin had a puppy who all the teenagers in the neighborhood thought everything he did was funny and spoiled him miserably.  He was he** on wheels for the first two years,  As he grew older he settled down and now is a fine old dog, that doesn't help you in the immediate future. Can you have ds take him to doggy obedience class.  A few at-home chocolate martinis can't hurt.  The insurance deal is a righteous pain in the a**, I know you love your whole team and it is so hard to find someone who you mesh with. It has to get better, find the Godiva for in the meantime. love, Karen   

• SusanHG
    edited May 2013

Karen-No, it is because it is an MRI biopsy.  I remember when I went to Windsong I had to wait there as well.  They only do them on Tuesdays and Fridays, so the next availability was next Friday.  I am actually thinking of switching to Dr. Bauer (where everyone else goes it seems).  If they call me with malignant results, I am going to call him for an appt.  I've been doing some research and feel a little better....I guess there are 50% false positives in this particular case (non-mass lesions on mri are quite difficult to distinguish between, and because my lesion is a non-mass lesion, if it is malignant it would be DCIS).  So, in other words, another lumpectomy and rads, but less emotional turmoil.  So, preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best right now.  Thanks for the prayers and calming thoughts...I think they are working because I am starting to forget about it ;)  good sign.

Susan

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited May 2013

HI all,

The wedding was great and the weather was perfect.  I hope to have pics with me for the june lunch.  

Susan, I will be in your pocket during your mri on friday.  So sorry you are going through this again.  Praying for great results.

Maureen, sorry for your troubles.  When it rains it pours.

Is anyone interested in the Susan G. Koemen walk on June 8?  Let me know, I am on the fence right now.

I hope everyone else is doing great.  Have a nice day.

Hugs, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited May 2013

Hi Cheryl, so glad the wedding was beautiful, can't wait to see pictures of the bride and groom and you in that stunning dress!  Susan, you better wear something with big pockets, I have a feeling that all of us will be in there.  We'll try to stay quiet and still, just give off enough warmth so that you know we are there with you.  love, Karen

• bevin
    edited May 2013

ok, busy week. last Friday - Father -Daughter dance. My child looked like a girl headed to Prom instead of a 5th grade dance.  It's unbelievably scary to gsee her row up so quickly and be sooo tall. me- bone scan last Thursday, today breast MRI and Mom Dr. appointment, Wednesday me Doctor, Friday Mom doctor.. don't know how I can keep fitting in all this while I'm supposed to work ... I think its time for a cleaning person or a body double. 

• LindaJD
    edited May 2013

Hi ladies,

Today was my 3rd radiation treatment.  I had #1 on Thursday & #2 on Friday.  I felt like crap over the weekend.  Light headed, rooms spinning, no energy & I was thinking; Already these treatments are effecting me?  I mentioned this to my Rad Therapist & he didn't seem to think it could happen that quickly; so he ordered bloodwork.  You are right about feeling like it's a waste of time; the preliminary appts took so much more time.  I'm usually in & out in about 15 min. but the worst part is laying on that table; it is so hard & uncomfortable.  I only weigh about 92 lbs. & something on that table digs right into my tailbone.  I asked about padding but they said NO!  So now I have to have a sore butt!!!  

Cheryl, I was thinking about you on Saturday.  Glad to hear everything turned out beautiful!  

Hope everyone is doing well & have a nice evening!

Hugs, Linda

• Maureen813
    edited May 2013

Cheryl. Great weather for the wedding.

Yes please bring pics Bevin too. You sound like you need a clone or long vacation. We're all with you during your appt. too.

Karen moss you hope all is well. We'll need to see bettys pica from her vacation too.

Linda sorry about the butt issue rads will be over before you know it then on to the anti hormonals. We're rooting for you

Anyone hear fro Jan or skigirl lately?

Talk later need to go to bed

Maureen

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2013

Hi everyone. Once again, I am battling a cold. I am at the tail end of it thank god. I has taxol#8 yesterday. That went as usual. My ocunts were up a bit so that makes me happy!! Lunch on june 29th right??

• LindaJD
    edited May 2013

I had my 4th treatment today.  Didn't get results back from the bloodwork they did yesterday.

Debbie, sorry to hear you're sick again.  How are your chemo treatments going?  Do you still go to Pluta?  That's where I'm going every day.  I think I had read somewhere on here that the lunch was on June 29 in Batavia; not sure where or what time tho.  I'm sure someone will post more details as the date gets closer.    Hopefully we both will feel ok & be able to attend. 

Stay safe tonight; they are predicting severe thunderstorms throught out this evening! 

Hugs to all,

Linda

• karen333
    edited May 2013

Hi all, luncheon will be on June 29th at Alex's in Batavia at 1:00 PM, I'll pm directions to you, Linda and Debbie if you need them.  It is right off the Thruway and very easy to find.  Reservations will be in my name, we get a circular table so we are able to visit more easily.  Debbie, so glad you are at the end of your cold, a summer cold is the worst, how many more chemo treatments?, bet you can't wait for it to be over!!  Linda, did you feel OK after your treatment?,  glad they took the pro-active move of ordering blood work to see what is going on.  All is well in Batavia, my DD is refinishing furniture for a new nursery room for a family expecting a baby.  It just started sprinkling here, so it was all hands on deck to help move all of it into the garage she uses as her workshop.  I can hear some thunder in the distance, definitely going to call my landlord to ask him to put the window AC unit in, I feel like that witch in the Wizard of Oz, "I'm melting".  Yup definitely thunder, it is getting louder, I'll have to wait on putting the unit in.  Take care all, love Karen

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2013

I have 4 more treatments. My last one is scheduled for June 17th!! YAY!

• karen333
    edited May 2013

WAHOO, we will do the happy dance with you!!!  YAY Debbie!!!

• heymoose
    edited May 2013

Hi all you lovely ladies,

Linda, I hope the blood work will give the drs some insight into the side effects you are feeling.  Skigirl, chocolate martini and the happy dance for you at lunch. Hope you are feeling better.  Jan, hope you are doing well and check in soon, we miss you.  Maureen, wishing you smooth sailing.  Karen, please do not melt, we need you at unch.  Susan, good luck w/ the mri on friday, we will all be in your pocket.  Betty, hope you are enjoying your trip. Bevin, I hope things are calming a little for you and I will be in your pocket for the drs appointments.

The wedding was beautiful.  Kate looked beautiful and Ben was very handsome.  The weather was just perfect.  Everyone had a good time.

Well off to water my flowers, they are a little dry.

Hugs, Cheryl

• bevin
    edited May 2013

Dear Susan- wishing you the best in tomorrows biopsy and that you are able to rest tonight while you wait. Saying prayers and thinking good thoughts.

• karen333
    edited May 2013

Susan, you are in my thoughts and have been, remember we are all in your pocket to lend you our strength and prayers.  love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited May 2013

Susan, thinking about you and sending good thoughts for tomorrow......Jan

• heymoose
    edited May 2013

Susan, sending you hugs and prayers today.  Wishing you a pain free biopsy.  Let me tell you, it is a little crowded in your pocket, but there is no other place that a would rather be.

Hugs, Cheryl