Comments

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited June 2013

At this point, count me in!

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited June 2013

YAY BEVIN, can't wait to see you, we are at Alex's in Batavia, need directions?  hugs, Karen

• bevin
    edited June 2013

Nah- I loved it there the last time I joined you.  Thank goodness for the GPS.  Can't wait to see everyone.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2013

Yay Bev looking forward to seeing you and all our friends old and new. I wrote a long post but it locked up at the sumit step. Sitting here with tucker on my lap yep on the furniture. Spoiled rotten. Iris and he are coming along as friends just quietly compliant. A good thing. She keeps him in lime. Congrads Cheryl on caniversary. Many more to come. I see the onc on the 17th so hopefully we all celebrate the good news. Skigirl sounds like you're doing ok. Best you can hope for. Another woman I work with just diagnosed with the scrappy cancer. All I know is very advanced. Say a quick prayer for her. Don't know her well but I can pray for her. Probably another coke plant casuality. Take care

Maureen

• karen333
    edited June 2013

Hi all, I wonder if Alex's throws people out for doing happy dances - - we have alot to celebrate.  Betty, you will be there on the 29th?, that makes the whole group will be together.  Prayers for your co-worker Maureen, it is definitely a crappy disease.  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited June 2013

Thanks karen. Hows Sherry doing?

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited June 2013

Hi Ladies,

Sounds like we have good news on check ups, diagnosis, treatments moving along, and milestone cancerversaries.......so glad for all. All I know is that there is still that awful anxiety before every appt. I also had relief at appt last Friday....MRI was good......nothing out if the ordinary was spotted. Then had two year follow up at Bauer's. That was good too, except I saw the new NP, Karen. At least I think she is new. Let's just say we'll talk when I see you all. Has anyone else seen her?

Otherwise, just been busy here....splitting my overgrown hostas, potting them and selling them out in front of my house. Someone's gotta work around here. DH still job hunting, but has been fairly busy teaching CPR classes at area churches, doc offices and for community ed. Had to go to accountant today to clear something up for the IRS because they wanted more money from us. Accountant said it looks like the IRS may be owing us more money...that never happens. I truly don't know how I got stuff done before I retired, but no complaints here. Miss everyone and planning on attending the June 29th lunch. Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited June 2013

She is waiting for her retirement day to come around, she gets so tired and so often is in pain.  She is taking dancing lessons, says she always feels better when she is dancing, is in a dance competition in late Sept., early Oct. and has invited me down to watch it and spend some time with her.  I so admire her attitude.  Still waiting for Duke to call to start the drug trial.  Would dearly love it if she decided to settle here in one of the retirement communities.  Did you catch the name of the one going up near you?  I mentioned it to her and she would rather your area  than Orchard Park, it is closer to our group of friends. So Tucker has captured mama's heart?  love, Karen

• karen333
    edited June 2013

Dear Jan, I am thinking the new NP is not fitting in in that office, I know you all love the staff there.  So we have a happy dance for you too, it'll take forever for us to order lunch, but then it always does anyway, we chat till the waitress comes around for the third time at least, just waiting on Betty to say she's in, then we will be nine!!!!  YEAH for us.  love Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited June 2013

I'm in!!

Betty

• karen333
    edited June 2013

YAY BETTY!!!!  I will call tomorrow and reserve one more at our table, bevin, hope all goes smoothly and you aare able to be with us.

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited June 2013

Wow Cheryl. that's great 5 year cancerversary!  Congrats! 

Today was treatment # 16, so just about half way finished!  So very tired lately & depressed.  So far my skin is still okay but breast feels achy.  Maybe it's just this damp, cold weather.  I'll see my RO on Monday & ask her about it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!  Hope I feel good & can eat something delicious!!!  What time are we meeting on the 29th?  I know it was mentioned but in my old age; I forget things easily!!!! LOL!  

Hugs to all,

Linda

• janhart
    edited June 2013

It's so quiet here....hope everyone is well and just very busy. What's up with this weather? The rainy days are getting to be a nuisance. I'm so ready for summertime weather.

Doggie had surgery today for hematoma on her ear. Yikes! I wish we had health insurance for her. I'm gonna have to get a job just to pay for her surgeries. This is the second one this year. She has to wear a cone for two weeks and is not happy at all. She's having a hard time settling down and sleeping. how's Buster? How's Tucker?

MIL is here for two weeks, but not staying with us this time. She got in tonight and tomorrow I'm taking her to pick up rental car and will probably spend the day with her and then have dinner here. Friday night we are going to a dinner at the Saturn Club (never been there) the organization is starting a scholarship fund in my late FIL's name and then Sunday is fathers day so we will have dinner here. So.....I think I have my share of time with the MIL covered.

What is everyone doing? We are still on for June 29th at Alex's, right? It will be good to see everyone and meet our new friends. HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL! Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited June 2013

Hi Jan. Have fun with your mil. Weather is ridiculous. All ok on our front. Took a trip to dh birth place in Schenectady. Saw the field he set on fire. His church and family homes. Then off to visit the capital. There was a teachers protest and the traffic was unbelievable. Took a couple hours to get through it all. Went to Saratoga springs. Dh played the horses and won. I played the slots and promptly lost it all. We had lots of fun. Found my dh brothers grave. Someone is taking good care of it looked great. Çant wait to see everyone.

Love

Maureen

• bevin
    edited June 2013

HI Linda, try Lindi cream - lindiskin.com. My RO from Roswell gave it to me, worked like a charm, isn't sticky or tacky. Just a really nice silky feeling and is dry to the touch. I used it right after rads and then before bed.

Jan- sorry to hear about the pup - dogs hate those cones. There has to be a better invention here than the doggie cone, that someone who is a dog lover can contrive and make a ton of money on The Sharks with.

• karen333
    edited June 2013

Hi ladies, all Ok on this homefront, we are watching the basketball game, so this will be a short note.  I agree bevin, there has to be something better than that cone, I have always felt so bad when I have had to put it on my pet.  My grandson and his buddy are making brownies and the conversation I can hear is so funny, these are going to be strange brownies, DGS just realized he didn't spray the pan with Pam, so he is scrapping it all back into the mixing bowl.  They promised to wash the dishes, we shall see. hugs to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited June 2013

Hehehe how's the brownies Karen?

• karen333
    edited June 2013

Dear Maureen, the brownies were great, had chocolate chips in them and then chocolate frosting on them, triple threat, so far so good.  DGS's friend did all the dishes while DGS cut them up, let's just be subtle and say the size of the brownies were not uniform, his row and his buddie's were a GENEROUS portion.  When he tried to lift the first one out of the pan, he flipped it up in the air and it landed frosting side down on the CLEAN kitchen floor, skimming frosting all over the stove before it touched down, they were in stitches of course.  A quarter roll of paper towels, a freahly mopped floor and a half hour later they enjoyed their brownies.  It felt like a TV commercial there for awhile, but ended well, I don't think DGS will use quite as much force lifting that first brownie up!! An adventure in baking - Episode 1.  love Karen

• Maureen813
    edited June 2013

Sounds like so much fun and the brownies sound divine. My kind of brownies.

• bevin
    edited June 2013

I can just picture pushing the brownie mix back out of the pan because they didnt spray it first... way tooo funny.

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited June 2013

Karen,  I loved hearing the conversations when the kids talk to each other, their so funny and innocent.

Buster is going to boot camp for two weeks at the end on June, they will train him to listen and take commands.  ( I don't have anything better to spend my money on)Undecided.  He just don't listen and jumps on everyone, begs for food and bitesWink.  It better work, HD loves him.

I just came back from the cottage for two days its looking good, most everything is done, now we can just enjoy.

Tomarrow Aiden gradutaes from pre school and of course I would,t miss it.

Looking foward to seeing all on the 29th.

Love Betty

• Maureen813
    edited June 2013

Congrads to aidian. That's a must attend for every gramma. Where's the boot camp? Maybe tucker can be his roommate lol

• karen333
    edited June 2013

Betty, Buster is going to Scared Straight camp for dogs, When I had my chocolate lab, Sawyer, we got thrown out of Obedience School cause he would get so "excited", if you can read between the lines, he could not pay attention, kept trying to get the dog next to him.  Left him once with an experienced dog groomer and when we came back to check on him a half hour later, she was sitting on the floor with her arm around him, he had been hysterical ever since we left.  She saw us and said thank god you're back, I couldn't even get him in the tub and I need a cigarette really bad.  We were asked to not come back unless we stayed with him.  Hope Buster doesn't get a dishonorable discharge.  Is your daughter going to film the pre-school graduation ceremony for you, they are just so adorable. 

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited June 2013

Hi all you lovely ladies,

Well, Karen it looks like you had the best brownies.  Made w loving care by your dgs and friends, ah what it must be like to be waited on.  

Tucker and Buster at the same camp, boy I would feel sorry for the teachers. I pray that they finish camp and are better at home.

Well, while I was reading the post here, my mailman came and I received a letter from MO.  The letter is a script for a breast mri on 6/19. Now you know where I will be that day. This is my 2-3 year mri so it is normal.

Last saturday I walked the komen 5k.  It was not that bad of a day, a little misting rain but not soaking.  My sister and her boyfriend ran it and came in around 330 out of 1,100 runners. I am so proud of her. My step daughter had strep throat and was surprised she showed up.  Katie and Ben started but then she felt crappy and they left the walk and went home. 

16 more days until lunch, boy I can not wait to see everyone. Debbie and Linda you will love this group of BC fighters. They also love to give hugs, boy do they feel great.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited June 2013

Hi ladies, 

Today was # 20 treatment; only 13 more to go (Whew!)  Sounds like everyone here is having fun; wish I could eat brownies & wish I had grand children &  I miss my dog:( 

Last night I attended a support group @ Pluta.  It was interesting; listening to all the stories, but I was the ONLY NEW person.  Everyone else seemed to know each other!  They meet once a month; not sure if I will go to the next one. 

Tomorrow after my treatment, I'm going to "visit" work.  I miss all the kids!  I can't believe the school year is almost over! 

Feel very tired & depressed.   Must be the fatigue from radiation. 

• karen333
    edited June 2013

Hi Linda, sorry you are so tired, my fatigue came on about the same time as your's is.  Try to nap in the afternoons if you have rads in the AM, do you have any pets, I have two rescue cats and each time I laid down to nap, one would sleep behind the crook of my knees and the other just above my head.  I found it so comforting, they seemed to know something was off and always took up their places.  You are the third in our group to be in the teaching field, both Jan and I were Special Education teachers, I can understand how you would miss your kids and the school year simply flew by for my grandchildren too.  It will give you a boost to see your kids tomorrow.  It is hard to be the only new person in a group, in our group you are not new, you already know Cheryl and Debbie and just get ready to be hugged, we are a huggy bunch.  We will be sitting at a round table so you will be included in all the conversation.  It won't take long to feel right at home. There will be 8 or 9 of us, but we will all be trying to involve you in our conversations, we are all dying to meet you and Debbie.  When you walk into Alex's, if you glance to your left, you will see all of us waiting in the small lounge area, and you will be from the first minute a part of us.  hugs, Karen 

• Maureen813
    edited June 2013

Well said Karen!!!

Concerning the monthly support group remember everyone is new at some point in time. We all start somewhere.

Betty

Karen and I read your email differently.. did you say you were or were not attending the ore school graduation? Btw I think if tucker and buster were in the same class the teacher would quit or take up drinking. Hehehehe

Love me

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited June 2013

We still good for the 29th right? I've been in taxol hell the last few weeks and I am glad this monday is my last one!!! My fingers hurt and my left toes are numb. I'm ringing the bell at Pluta on monday and I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the 29th... !! I cant drink chocolate martinis, but, I can have a beer!!!

• karen333
    edited June 2013

Dear Debbie, you'll be having a happy dance, last treatment on Monday, YAY for you!!!  So sorry you are hurting, hopefully the side effects disappear within days of your last treatment and I know you are working through it, true grit girl.  The 29th at 1 is the day we are all waiting for, looks like we all, 9 of us, will be there. hugs, Karen

• janhart
    edited June 2013

Hi Ladies, hope everyone us well. Debbie, did you have your last treatment yesterday? Hope you will begin to feel better. Linda, hope you are doing better too! Don't worry about being new in the group. I was probably the last new group member and I'm still here. This is just such a sweet group of ladies and soooo much support for each other even in non BC related issues, like kids, dogs, in-laws, jobs, school, etc.

Betty, I heard there were a few tears at Aidan's pre school graduation... He's such a cutie and sure loves his grandma.

Cheryl, Susan, Maureen, Karen, Bevin......just saying hi and hope you and your families are well. I'm just waiting for summer to arrive. It better get warm sometime soon. MIL is still in town and I think I have to do something with her tomorrow. Well, waiting for the 29th to see everyone. Hope we will all be there. Love, Jan