Western New York Area

Comments

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2013

Karen, so sorry to hear about your cousin. Debbie, so sorry to hear about your uncle.  May God bless you and your families.  Sending hugs and prayers for both of you.

I hope everyone is doing well.  Went to visit my nephew and his family fo rthe weekend.  My great nephew turned 3 and he is a big bruiser.  He will be a big kid. I had a great time with the kids and happy to see them.

Well, I am finally looking for work.  Made it to the second stage with one company. Not sure I want to go back to work at this time, but the position is perfect.

Have a nice weekend.

Hugs and prayers, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2013

Karen so sorry to hear of your cousins passing. Debbie sorry to hear pf you uncle. Please let us know if either of you need any help or mist a shoulder or ear.

Good luck with the interview process Cheryl. I think the interview process is the most challenging time.

Just returned from a very productive business trip. Also had a chance to browse around coldwater creek store. Good thing I didn't have room in my suitcase or id be broke. Lol

Going to bed early tonight as the plane ride was a short trip but seemed very long with weather related rerouting and turbulence. You all know how I feel about flying.

Love

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2013

Hi all, glad you are home safe and sound Maureen, congratulations on a successful trip.  Cheryl, good luck on your second iterview - they will be getting a wonderful person, Debbie, sorry to hear of your uncle's passing, it hurts no matter their age.  Thank you Jan, Betty, Cheryl, Maureen, bevin, Debbie for your prayers, this has hit me hard, she was my babysitter for a number of years, the Mass is on Saturday in Kenmore.  I am meeting two of my cousins and we will all go together.  Susan missing you and Linda, actually I'm missing all of you, you are dear friends, hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Me again, DGS is out of his cast in a huge knee brace, but feeling so much better, he wanted to celebrate with ---- you guesed it, brownies.  He will have to be cleared by a PT and his orthopaedist to play contact sports and will need to wear braces on both knees, why can't he like golf.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Great news Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited August 2013

Hi Ladies,

Just catching up with what's been going on. We were away visiting sis in law and family in Cape Cod. Had a wonderful time but it's always good to come home....I'm such a home body.

Karen, glad DGS is on the mend, but sorry to hear about your cousin. Linda, glad things are working out for your son. DDs wedding is next Sept 2014, but the planning has begun.

Cheryl, good luck with job search, I'm sure you'll find the perfect position for you.

Debbie, sorry to hear about your uncle....hope your family is doing well.

Maureen, was DDs truck broken into in your driveway? That stinks! Not safe anywhere.

Betty, how is work? Spending time at cottage? Susan, enjoying the summer with your son? School will start before you know it. Bevin, how is everything there? How is your mom?

Missing all of you....hope to see all soon. Love, Jan

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited August 2013

Just letting you know my life has been turned upside down in the last week.  I am now living @ my Mom's for awhile until I can figure out what the hell to do.  My boyfriend of 11 yrs, living together for 7 of those yrs. told me that around the same time I was diagnosed w/ breast cancer, he started a "personal" relationship w/ a client.  He said that they are more than "friends" & he wants to see where it will lead.  He said our living arrangement would no longer work & that I had to move out!  He lied to me, betrayed me, cheated on me, while I was dealing w/ cancer & he hopes we can remain friends!  I am so overwhelmed & confused; I never thought that I would be a homeless person.

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2013

Oh, Linda I am so sorry,for what you are going through, how terrible.  I don't even know what to say, if you need to talk or if there is anything I can do for you, please PM me.  I'll be praying for you.  Betty

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

WTH is the first thing that comes to mind. Jerk loser a$$ho1e are a few more. In the end he'll get his. You concentrate on staying healthy cancer free and looking forward. I'm sorry you need to go through this but you are strong and I know you will come out on the other side in a much better place Linda. You have all of us and a roof over your head. It might not be what you want however right now it is what you need. Friends?? As Larry the cable guy says. .... that's funny right there....

Hugs n kisses linda

Maureen

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Linda, what a horrid thing to have happen, he obviously does not deserve you.  Only a vile man would stoop to such behavior at any time in a relationship, let alone when you are at your most vulnerable.  Thank God for family and friends, we are here for you.  Sending you gentle hugs and waves of calmness and strength, Karen  Feel free to PM, I check it each morning and last thing at night.

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2013

What an ass.... So sorry that you have to endure this shit. He is not worthy of your love and companionship. You deserve better than that asshole. Karma will catch up with him. Focus on your recovery and health. Sending you hugs and comfort...

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2013

Dear Linda, I am so so sorry you need to deal with this. I'm sure right now you are feeling hurt and betrayed and I can guarantee that with time, you will feel anger and then be able to pick up and move on. You will be better without him. He does not deserve you. And no matter what, when he comes calling in the future, don't turn around. Believe me, they all come back and when he tries you'll have moved on and be over him. Its got to be hard to feel that way now, but i strength  will come. We're all here for you and thank god for family and friends.

Hugs

Bevin

• heymoose
    edited August 2013

Dear Linda, what a freakin a$$hole he is.  I am sorry this is happening to you.  I am here for you if you would like to talk.  Hugs and prayers for you.

Cheryl

• LindaJD
    edited August 2013

Thank you all for your concerns, understanding, prayers & hugs.  Yes, I do feel hurt, betrayed & even angry but still trying to wrap my head around how he could be so deceiving, especially @ a time when I needed him!  I guess he just couldn't handle me having cancer or he just didn't give a shit.  Like you all said, he doesn't deserve me!  I have to keep telling myself that!  I don't know how he could think we could remain friends!  

After the death of my husband, I thought my life was over but somehow I survived & raised 2 children by myself.  Now at my age, I find myself facing another life crisis.  I know I will survive this but I just don't know where to start, where to begin.  I have struggled financially my whole adult life & now this will only make life harder & more complicated for me.  I know life isn't fair & there are no guarantees for any of us.  Unfortunately, life waits for no one. 

Thanks for listening,

Linda

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Hugs to you Linda. Feel free to vent here anytime. You sound like such a strong woman. Raising two children and a death of your spouse is so much to handle add cancer and a jerk and anyone would struggle. Prayers to you dear friend.

Love

Maureen

• Skigirl72
    edited August 2013

Hi ladies. Well, My surgery is at 8:15 tomorrow at Highland Hospital. It should take 3 hours or so for both the BS and PS to do their thing. I am scheduled to stay 1 night. I sure don't want to be there any longer than that. Maybe I'll have a backup plan to bust out of there like a ninja if they want to keep me. LOL

I'll post when I am coherant late tomorrow night or friday!

Have a great day!

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Debbie, you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery, and I do believe if they attempt to keep you more than 1 night , we will be reading in the Rochester paper about a ninja breakout.  If you wear jeans with pockets, we will all jump in and will try not to be too rowdy.  hugs, Karen   Linda, you are in my thoughts and prayers also, this will all work out, it will be hard but it will work out.  {{{{{Linda}}}}}

• janhart
    edited August 2013

Dear Linda, I am do sorry for what you are going through. As the others said he doesn't deserve you and you have the strength to get through this. Please lean on any of us if you feel the need. PM me if you need a voice to speak to and we can talk. Hugs and prayers for you. Love, Jan

Debbie, wishing you an easy surgery and quick recovery. Are you having an exchange surgery? Will be waiting to hear from you. Love Jan

• Skigirl72
    edited August 2013

Jan- I am having the ALND and fat grafting tomorrow.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2013

Good luck Debbie- I'm certain everything will go well.  Keep us posted.  I could use some fat grafting too.....suck it right out of my stomach!

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2013

Oh I have been away for a whole month??? summer time travels so fast....Prayers for your speedy recovery, Debbie and I hope all s going well with your surgery.  Also prayers to you and Karen for both of your losses and to Linda, I am so sorry to hear about what you have been going through.  Did he wait until you finished radiation to tell you? what a shit.  Well many hugs coming your way for the strength needed to get past this rough spot.  You can do it! You are strong...strong enough to get through radiation. Do not let him get you down.  Hope everyone else is enjoying the summer, and looking forward to our next luncheon!!  We have just been busy and lazy, that s all :P.  no excuses here. :)

Love to all,

Susan

• heymoose
    edited August 2013

Debbie, good luck and we are in your pocket.  Okay girls let's keep it down, the surgeons are looking at us strangely. LOL Linda, hope you are doing better, let me know if you need anything.

Susan mentioned our next lunch.  I beleive 8/17 was brought up as the next date.  Will that date work or should we postpone until Debbie is aable to make it?  

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Deb good luck honey everything will turn out fine. Prayers to you.

Linda hope the sun is starting to shine for you

Hi everyone

love

Me

• LindaJD
    edited August 2013

Maureen, thanks for your prayers.  I'm going to need all I can get!

Debbie, hope your surgery went well & you are home, resting comfortably.

Karen,  I hope you are right about things working out.  Right now, it seems so impossible & overwhelming!

Susan, I really don't know why he waited until the end of July to inform me of his deception.  I've been going over that in my mind constantly these last few days & I have to wonder why he didn't "come clean" sooner. 

Jan, No, he doesn't deserve me & I hope I can find the strength & courage to figure this out.

Cheryl,  No, I'm really not doing any better; this has been a nightmare.  I have to find the physical strength to do all the packing, figure out where to store all of my belongings & then figure out where I'm going to live.  Financially, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. 

Thanks again for listening,

Linda

• Skigirl72
    edited August 2013

I am resting, just not so comfortably. Still trying to get the pain under control. It's not bad its just annoying. I have a dr appt next friday to asses my drain and progress so I would say book lunch on whatever saturday is good for all of you. I m hoping I am able to drive next friday. I am booked on the following sat (24th) and free on the 31st. So, fingers crossed!!

• janhart
    edited August 2013

Debbie, how are you feeling today?

• Skigirl72
    edited August 2013

Well, every time I strip the tubing for the drain i get some pretty bad nerve pain. It lasts about 20 minutes. I am relatively comfortable other than that. I am going to call on Monday morning and ask if this is normal. I don't remember that happening the last time. So, now I just sit and recover. Thanks for thinking of me!

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Debbie, hope you are not feeling nerve pain today, good idea to call tomorrow, Linda, calming thoughts coming your way, think of you often, OK ladies, are we going to watch the Bills this year, they are on now in a pre-season game, or are we giving it up for next year's Lent?   17th or 31st are both OK with me. hugs to all Karen

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Hahaha Karen I will keep u posted whether I watch the bills.

Deb good idea to give doc a call. Drain is probably sitting on a nerve.

Linda think of you often. Take the day from worry and enjoy the sunshine.

Hi to all. Shall we wait till the 31st so deb can come? I think I can make either

M

• janhart
    edited August 2013

I think the 31st will work better for me.