Western New York Area

Comments

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2013

Hello ladies, I am at work right now.  Debbie I hope your felling better.  Sue I missed you.  I cant make lunch the 17 or the 31 I work those weekends.  But you go head,  I'll catch up the next time. 

miss ya

Betty

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2013

I can attend the 17th, not the 31st. I have company in from out of town. But don't go around my schedule.  I'd love to see you all, but know how hard it can be to coordinate a time where everyone can be there.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2013

Hi all u lovely ladies,

I can make the either dates but I think the 31st may work out for most. If anyone has any other dates in mind lets work with them. Debbie I hope everything is okay and the doctor helps u on Monday. Linda you are in my prayers.

Hugs to all and miss you.

Cheryl

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2013

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. Been going through some.tests lately. Don't think its anything to be concerned about however the testing continues. I have to have further testing on a cyst on my kidney. Also had a hemangioma on my lover they bielieved grew. Decided to rescan in 6 months. Had a nice evening on my birthday. We went to the Larking square in the city for food truck Tuesday. I had a Hawaiian lobster sandwich hummingbird cake and a glass of wine. So much fun. And another caniversary behind me. It was the day I was diagnosed. I celebrated another birthday. Yay. Question: when do you celebrate your anniversary. The day you were diagnosed or the day of your surgery. Perhaps when you finish treatment?

Have a great night

Love

Maureen

• bevin
    edited August 2013

HI Maureen, I heard that is great fun at Larkin Bldg.  Hummingbird cake is one of my favorites. Not too many people/places make it.

I pray you are clear from your scans and glad the doctors are digging to ensure they look at everything.

Hope everyone else is great. - supposed to be warm and sunny. I see a pool day in my future :)

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2013

I celebrate the day I was diagnosed. That is the day I knew I had to fight for my life. October 5th. 1 year coming up soon...

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2013

Dear Maureen, I celebrate the day of surgery when it was gone from my body, Sept. 12th, coming up on 4 years now.  Congratulations Debbie on coming up on your first, that is quite the milestone.  Maureen, my thoughts are with you for all good results, for you I would pick the date they called you since it was bad news delivered on your special birthday, twice!!  hugs to all, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited August 2013

Hi all, Maureen, sorry you are going through this, but better to have it all checked out. I celebrate the day I was diagnosed with a big old Boston cream donut. You see, in the three months previous to my diagnosis I had lost 12 pounds, was working out 3-4 times a week and was eating healthy food. What good did that do? So when Dr. Sung called to tell me I had cancer, but not the bad kind (her words, not mine) I sent my DH to TH for a large coffee and a big old Boston cream. I also celebrate my surgery day because I got rid of that "not bad" cancer. And more importantly it was my DS first year alcohol free, so we celebrated together.

How is everyone else doing? Linda, thinking about you often. I know this continues to be a difficult time for you. Debbie, how's the recuperating coming? I like your new picture. Bevin and Susan, are your daughter and son ready for school to start? Karen, how is your GS doing with his healing? Cheryl, anything news about a job? And Betty, how did Buster do at boot camp? Hope to see you all soon. Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Hi all, missing all my friends, lunch on the 31st at 1?, Maureen, so sorry you are going through this, I start late Sept. and early Oct. for all my tests, I'm planning ahead for a no sleep night before my mammo and US, hate the waiting.  DGS just had cake and ice cream for how even tempered he was in the cast for those three HOT weeks.  He goes to the orthopaedtic surgeon on Mon., starts PT on Tues., so far only twice a week.  They think he can play when football starts, must wear a really structured brace on both knees for practice and games - I wish he was partial to golf!!!!  Thinking of you Linda, sending gentle hugs your way.  hugs to all, Karen

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited August 2013

Thanks everyone for the hugs & prayers.  I know each of you are dealing w/ your own problems.  I'm sorry I've missed so much on here; still @ my Mom's house & there is no internet; so I can only try & "steal" someone's wifi but it doesn't always work. 

This has been yet another horrible week for me.  I went to the house on Monday to pack more of my belongings & I couldn't get in; he changed the fucking locks.  I was furious!  Now I have to co-ordinate w/ him our schedules & he has to meet me @ the house when I want to go there! 

I took my car in for a routine oil change & they found 2 major things wrong; which will cost about $500.00 to repair; so I have an appt. next week to get that done.

I was @ Pluta yesterday for 3 hrs.  Had a follow up appt. w/ the RO & then I had to have an IV drug for my bones because the MO said I'm @ risk for a compression fracture of my spine!    But I don't have to take the A. I drugs for 5 yrs. because of the side effects. 

Maureen, Happy belated birthday!  I probably won't be able to make lunch on the 31st.  I have a lot to figure out.

Hugs to all,

Linda

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Thanks for the well wishes Linda. Quick question: did you contact a lawyer? Is there such a thing as commonlaw marriage in new York? Might be worth finding out.

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2013

Maureen--praying for you and thank goodness they are keeping tabs on your scans...Linda-so sorry you are still having troubles...Debbie--prayers for quick healing...All-cannot make the 31st. I already have plans with a friend for that day, but maybe next month? we are sooo budy here.  Expecting our doggie this eveing...2 year old female retired racing greyhound.  We have a bin all set with her toys, a crate with a sherpa pad inside.  Need to go out and buy bowls and then I think we are ready.  Almost feel like I should start labor pains or something!  So sorry I will miss you all! Susan p.s. neither  nor Tristan are ready for the start of school :(

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Susan, what a lucky dog to get all of you for a family!!  I'm sorry you won't be able to make it on the 31st, but have a wonderful day with your friend.  I'm in for the 31st, missing everyone, hugs, Karen

• heymoose
    edited August 2013

HI all,

Maureen, I am praying everything is fine w/ your scans, you are in my prayers.  Linda, I hope things are working out for you. This is such a stressful time for you, you are in my prayers.  Debbie, how are you feeling?  I hope your healing is progressing and you are pain free.  Susan, so happy you are getting a new addition to your family.  Karen, how is your grandson doing?  Jan how are the wedding plans going?  They are stressful and wonderful all at the same time.  How is the mother of the bride dress shopping going?  That was a tuff one for me.  Bevin, how are things with you? Betty any gambling lately?  I hope I did not miss anyone.  Still waiting to hear on the job front. 

Linda and Debbie, I will be in Rochester from Sunday to Wednesday next week.  If you would like to get together for lunch let me know.  My father is having a hip replacement on Monday and I will not be available that day. Hope we can work something out.

Hugs and Prayers, Cheryl

• LindaJD
    edited August 2013

Hi Maureen,  NYS does not recognize common law; I did find a  lawyer's referral service # & have that on my to do list w/ a thousand other things. 

Cheryl, so far nothing is working out; I've reserved a moving truck for next week but I still have no where to put all of my belongings.  I've called several storage units & they don't reserve them so I won't know if one will be available on the day I have the truck for:(  This is all so unfair; I did nothing wrong; HE betrayed me!  This Wednesday I have an appt w/ my Surgeon & on Thursday I have to have my car repaired.  I'm not sure what I have going on next week; I'll have to get back to you on that. 

Hope all of you are doing okay; sorry I've been down & feeling sorry for myself but I think I'm still in shock, that after 11 years, he can & did treat me this way. 

Linda

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Linda hitch away friend. You've earned it.

Update on me liver is hemangioma. But referred to nephrologist for cyst on kidney. Thinking we should wait for Sept. For lunch. Which weekend is good? I'm good after 15th. Let me know.

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Maureen, can only make  the 28th of Sept., meeting childhood friends for lunch one Saturday and cousin from Tennessee coming in for a week and a half.  Plan around me If you have too, though I am dearly missing all of you.  hugs to all< Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2013

I am free as far as I know for any weekend in September.

Susan

• heymoose
    edited August 2013

Hi All you Lovely Ladies,

I will be in Vegas for my TaTa Sisterhood 5th year reunion on 9/28, I am available any other weekend.  Please do not make lunch around my schedule.  I would love to see everyone every week if we could make it. LOL  I would like to ask for your prayers for my father.  He is having a hip replacement on Monday and he is feeling nervous, he is 79.  

I hope everyone is doing well. 

Hugs, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Prayers to you and your dad. Please let us know how he's doing

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Cheryl, saying prayers for a successful surgery and rehab for your dad. Calmimg thoughts going to your dad.  My stepdaugter is having back surgery on Mon. in Rochester at Unity Hospital, you wouldn't be there would you?  Prayers for her also please.  hugs, Karen

• heymoose
    edited August 2013

Karen, dad is having his surgery at Parkridge Hospial, not sure if it is now called Unity Hospital.  I will touch base w/ my sister and see if they are one and the same.  Saying prayers for a successful surgery and healing.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• LindaJD
    edited August 2013

Karen & Cheryl,    Yes, Unity Hospital used to be named Park Ridge.  Hope both of your loved ones surgeries go well. 

I went to my Surgeon on Thursday & she was very pleased as to how well I've healed & how well I did w/ radiation.  I have to see her again in a year!  At least I received some good news. 

Now I just have to figure everything else out.............

Hi to everyone,

Linda

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Cheryl, what time is your dad's surgery?, I'll take my cell with me and take your cell no. with me, if we are there a really long time, I'll call you and maybe we can have a cup of coffee.  My stepdaughter has t0 be there at 5 in the morning, so we are thinking surgery will be in the A.M.,  how much of a coincidence is it, you can always find a sister support when you look. hugs, Karen      Linda thank you for the info and your prayers, so glad you had a good report from the doctor, things may be settling down for you, and that was the first step. hugs, Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2013

Dear Cheryl,  I am saying Prayers for your  Father for a successful surgery and a prayer for the surgeons who operating on him.

Love

Bevin

• heymoose
    edited August 2013

Thanks Linda for the info.

Karen, We will be at the same hospital at the same time. I will be at the hospital by 11:30. Dads surgery is at 1:00. I will try to find u before his surgery so we can have a sister hug, we may need it. I have your cell no with me. Call in the am and let me know where u are. Hugs.

Hi to all my sisters, hope u are all doing well. Thank u for your prayers, my dad loves that u r praying for him.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Cheryl, will let you know where I am, am planning on spending most of the day there, a sister-hug sounds so good.  Hi everyone, I think I like baking brownies for DGS more than giving driving lessons to DGD and all we are doing is Batavia city limits and surrounding villages' roads.  I press down on where the brake would be on the passenger side, good thing it isn't a functional brake or we'd never leave the driveway!!!!  DD will be doing the city driving, I'm too gray right now to be getting more.  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Hahaha. I'm a hug fake braker and it drives dh crazy. He said he's going to install a squirt gun on the passenger side of the car so when I fake brake it will squirt water in my face.

Seriously though I'm praying for a good outcome for both of you. Pleas e post and let us know all is ok.

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Maureen, too funny, hope DGD doesn't think of the squirt gun, I'd look like I showered.  Will be sure to post, love, Karen

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Hi all, just got back from the hospital, stepDD is doing fine, surgery was almost 2 hours and recovery time the same, she is staying overnight,  Doctor said all went well, he did not have to scrape any vertebrae, so recovery time should be shorter, she should be able to go about her life without pain. Saw Cheryl, my group was amazed that I had friends way up in Rochester.  We will tell you our wheelchair story at lunch, how's that for a tease.....  Thank you all for your prayers, Karen