Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2013

Good news Karen. Any word on cheryls dad?

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2013

His surgery was pushed back also, he was finished with surgery and in recovery, everything went well, he will be in the hospital for 3 to 4 days, then on to rehab I believe.  Got to meet her family and she got to meet my "modern family"  We visited and laughed, always good to see a sister!! Cheryl was staying over the night with her mom and will be traveling back tomorrow.  hugs to all.Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2013

Dad did great. I think we drove the hospital crazy with the whole damfamily

As my sister In law calls us. His surgery went well and he is resting comfortably tonight. Had to be after everyone left. We r a big family and the hospital staff was probably happy we left. We were driving them crazy.

Karen, it was great to see you there and to laugh with u. So happy everything went well for your DSD.

Hugs to all and hope to see u all soon.

• patsback
    patsback Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013

Just found this forum...

I was diagnosed on June 6th, had lumpectomy on left breast on June 25th, modified radical mastectomy and axillary node dissection on August 6th.  PET/CT showed spots (I think dr 's word) in bone, near pelvis and lower lumbar area.

I meet with the medical oncologist today.  Kind of nervous..

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Welcome pat. We are in your pocket cheering you on and hoping for best possible outcome. Girls will be by to welcome soon too. Prayers to you. Spots couldbe arthritis. Good luck

Who is your onc?

• patsback
    edited August 2013

My oncologist is Alyssa Huston.  She's with University of Rochester @ Strong Memorial and Highland Hospital.  Appointment's at 3:00, so I have lots of time to dwell on it...

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Hi patsback, this is such a difficult time with all the tests, we all welcome you, you will find such support here and fun and laughter.  Move over a little Maureen,don't want to hurt you when I dive  into patsback's pocket.   By the time the test comes around a few more of us should be with you, sending calming hugs, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited August 2013

Hi patsback....we are all here for you, praying and cheering you on as you go through this difficult time. Will be waiting to hear how your appt goes....hugs....Jan

Cheryl and Karen, so glad to hear your family members who just had surgery are doing well. Will keep them in my prayers as well.

• patsback
    edited August 2013

Back from my appointment.  Due to the results of the PET/CT, they are scheduling me for a bone biopsy next week to confirm the lesion / spot they saw is bone cancer.   This will also determine/confirm whether I am stage IIIc or stage IV - as well as the exact treatment I will receive.  Not exactly the news I was expecting...but hey...it is what it is.  

They did indicate that I might start with hormonal therapy, with chemo down the road.

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear patsback, no, not the news we ever want to hear, when tests come back like this, we can only try to live by that phrase, "it is what it is" , with our continuing prayers and the support of all of us, we will face this with you.  What day is the biopsy scheduled for?  Stay close to us via this thread, maybe Linda, Debbie who live in Rochester also, may be able to get together with you for coffee, so you have faces to connect to the names.  Linda just finished radiation and Debbie - chemo, Cheryl (heymoose) is in Kenmore but visits her family in Rochester on a regular basis, I'm sure they will all be checking in.  Gentle hugs and calming thoughts coming your way, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited August 2013

Hi pat. Take it one day at a time. Have the biopsy to confirm whether it is or is not bone cancer. The hormones are ok. Chemo is doable not fun but doable. We're always just a pm or post away. Either stage is hard news to take and you will feel better once the plan of action is confirmed. Gentle hugs coming your way. I went through the same thing you are going through .....my advice chase the bad thoughts away

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2013

Dear Pat, Welcome, You found a great group of ladies here. I'm praying your bone biopsy is negative.

Keep us posted and know we are all praying for you.

Hugs

Bevin

• heymoose
    edited August 2013

Hi dear patsback, sorry you have joined our exclusive club. We are a wonderful group of bc patients. I wish you negative test and a good protocol to follow. I am hoping to be back in Rochester next week to help my father. I woul love to get together with you if you feel up to it. Maybe Debbie and Linda can join us. I will pm u my cell no. Call me anytime you need to chat. I will be in your pocket, so Karen and Maureen move over.

Dad is doing good, he walked good today and I will see him tomorrow before I leave town.

Karen how is your step daughter doing?

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Hi all, Karianne,made the decision to stay overnight and was glad she did, she was in a lot of pain, and they were able to give her stronger meds.  Yesterday she felt good, probably had some residual pain medication in her system.  Woke today in horrible pain, the Dr. upped her pain med. schedule, if the pain doesn't let up soon she is calling the Dr.  Continued prayers please for Karianne, so glad Dad is doing well Cheryl and that you may be able to meet up with Pat and Linda and Debbie, you are our roving ambassador of care, so good of you, hugs, Karen

• patsback
    edited August 2013

Spent the day yesterday getting the runaround regarding the bone biopsy.   Hopefully, I will get a definitive answer today.

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Pat, I don't believe they have any concept of how difficult they make it, when you have enough on your mind already.  Hope today was a more productive day, Karen

• patsback
    edited August 2013

Well, got my appointment for the bone biopsy - it's Wednesday.  

Also got cleared to go back to work part time (Tuesday)..at least that'll keep my mind occupied.

• karen333
    edited August 2013

Dear Pat, I'm glad you got a definitive date for the biopsy and that you got the OK to return to work part-time.  It is so good to have a distraction to keep you focused on something else.  As before, we will all jump in your pocket as support on Wednesday, here's to a benign result!!!  Over the weekend there is less posting, especially on a holiday weekend, everyone will come on board during the workweek to welcome you, calming thoughts coming your way, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2013

Dear Pat- I'm so glad to know your appointment is set and scheduled. Praying your results are clear. Working part time is a nice way to ease back to work. Its nice to have that option but seems quick after your mastectomy in early August. Are the holding off on your further treatment until the bone biopsy or will you be starting chemo soon?

Hugs

Bevin

• patsback
    edited August 2013

According to the medical oncologist, treatment will be determined by the results of the biopsy.

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013

Hi Cheryl & Karen, Glad to hear your family members are doing well after their surgeries.

Hi Patsback, Welcome to this wonderful group of ladies & good luck w/ your biopsy tomorrow. 

I have to apologize to all of you; I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile.  I don't have access to the internet like I use to.  As you know this past month has been VERY stressful for me.  The movers were @ HIS house on Sat. (8-31) they were 2 hours late getting there & to say the least, it was a horrible day! My son & daughter-in-law met me there for moral support & my "ex" was a complete asshole to all of us, even the movers!  He kept screaming & yelling @ me the whole day!    This still feels like a nightmare to me; it's so surreal; a month ago, I thought everything was fine in my life, except for the cancer part & now I'm living w/ my 82 yr old mother!   Today I went back to work; school started here.  Now I have a much longer commute to get to work from where my Mom lives.  So 3/4th's of my belongings are now in a storage unit until I figure things out.  I feel like I'm drowning in this utter chaos that has become my life! 

Hugs to all,  Linda

• karen333
    edited September 2013

Dear Linda, so glad your son and daughter in law were with you, it sounds like a hideous day with all  his behavior to have to deal with.  First step in going forward was to get your belongings out of of that house and into a storage unit, now you are back to work and will have your paycheck and some control over that part of your life.  It will be hard Linda, but you are taking steps and you have already beat back a cancer diagnosis and completed radiation.  It will gradually fall back into place and you will have your apartment, buy one small item for your new apartment, I bought a night light and it was a symbol of my own place, I still have it.  Glad to hear from you, hope to see you soon for lunch. Hi Pat, remember to wear jeans with pockets, we will be with you in spirit, is anyone going with you?  gentle hugs, Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2013

Linda, my prayers are with you in hopes your life takes on a positive change.

Pat I will be in your pocket tomorrow.  Good Luck, Sorry you have to go through this.

To all my other WNY Ladies.  How is everyone?  Nothing new here, working alot.  I haven't been to the cottage in 2 weeks b/c they say its going to rain, they can't tell the weather.  Spending time with my babies, Aiden starts Kindergarten tomorrow.

I miss seeing all of you.  I hope I can make the nexted lunch,  Do you know when it will be?  Love and Luck to all.  Betty

a

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

Hi all. I wondered what happened to the posts and discovered I removed this thread from my favorites. I don't know how but it's a frequent problem.

Betty. Pm me thee weekends you are available for lunch. Aiden starts kindergarten OMg where does the time go?

Karen glad she's on the mend. Pain is a funny thing. Not managed can ne as draining as the surgery.

Linda any man that acted the way he did to you during recovery from cancer is a jerk. Get out of that house and don't look back. Good thing you had family for support. One day at a time. You might need to change your lifestyle but it will be you life.

Pat you better have big pockets tomorrow to hold all the people that will be in there with you. Best of luck. Let us know.

Hi Jan and Bevin. Miss you both so much.

Cheryl great news on your dad.

My weekend was really busy with dd home and house filled with family. Loved it dirty loud house with all my food gone. The dog is a pain. We took a tumble after he decided to bolt to the dog park instead of walk nicely. Only thing I hurt was my pride and ribs. He stayed right by my side until I got up and them off he went on his mission.

Only weekend I'm busy is 13 14 and 15. As soon as I hear from Betty I'll make the reservations. I miss everyone so much

Love

Maureen

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2013

I think I am free all saturday afternoons in sept. October gets tricky...

Linda- hang in there... soon you will have put this in your past. I know what you were feeling the other day. I've had a similar experience. You are stronger than this asshole that is your ex. I would be more than happy to tell him exactly how I feel about him if I ever see him... I don't have much of a filter on my face. I tend to just tell it like it is...

On a side note.... I need prayers for my friend Holly. She is a BC survivor and currently in ICU on a vent. Phneumonia.... She had a lung disease as well, so this is not good news. I pray she will fight and recover...

Looking forward to seeing all of you again...

• karen333
    edited September 2013

Debbie, prayers being said for your friend Holly and calming thoughts for you, as her friend, it  is so hard to see a loved one sick.  Cannot make the 21st, cousin in from Tennessee, I'm going to introduce her to our chocolate martinis!!!!!!

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

Many prayers to your friend holly

• heymoose
    edited September 2013

Hi all, dad is still in the hospital, he had a set back. He was bleeding internally in his operated leg and his blood count dropped. His blood is stable now and he will be going to a rehab facility soon.for how long I do not know. So I would like toask for continued prayers. Karen how is your step daughter doing?

Pat I will bein your pocket so all u ladies move over you know I need lots of room, hence the name heymoose, lol.

Linda so happy your family was with you to move out your things. Remember that you are strong and will get through this, one day at a time, we are all with you.

Hugs to all my friends,

Cheryl

I miss you all!

• karen333
    edited September 2013

Dear Cheryl, prayers are starting right now for your dad, so happy to learn blood count is stable now and may it stay stable, my stepdaughter sees the Dr. today, the pain level was much higher than she anticipated and she is used to the pain level before the surgery.  She is having to take pain meds. every 4 hours and is in her words "loopy or sobbing",  worried that she did all this for nothing.  We are all taking turns at keeping her distracted by being with her for short periods of time and making sure she rests. So continued prayers for stepDD too please. Will dad be in a rehab facility close by, my friend had hip surgery awhile back and they really make sure you are vigorously exercising to get you ready to go home.  Hugs, Karen

• heymoose
    edited September 2013

Hi Karen, I am keeping you SD in my prayers. Dad looked good today, but just found out that he is getting another blood unit tonight. So he will not be going to rehab until they get his blood stable.  He will be going to Unity Rehab at Parkridge.  I hope it is soon, it is taking a toll on him, but he is still cracking jokes. Just wish I could be there every day.  

I hope everyone is doing well and hope we can get together soon.  Miss you all. 

Hugs, Cheryl