Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited September 2013

Hi all, Cheryl, it has certainly been a tough few years for you, losing a sister is heart shattering, now we have two sisters, your's and Debbie's Holly who will leave us shortly, they go to a place of peace and pain free but are still gone from our lives.   Prayers for those in hospice and prayers for those who love them are being said.  Thank all of you for your concern for Karianne, she is home but has a PIC line with a visiting nurse coming in daily for infusions and blood draws, she is a busy, active, young mom and as Cheryl said it will be a much longer period of recovery now than she was expecting.  Please include her in your prayers, there are enough of us to be a distraction to the pain but she also needs to rest, this is difficult for her and is a very emotional time. I miss all of you, my cousin is coming in from Tennessee and we have been in communication daily for what clothes to pack, I refuse to wear my winter coat!!!  What season is it?  hugs, Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited September 2013

Hi all, where are you?  Boy has it been really quite this week.  I hope all are doing fine and just really busy.  Just getting ready for Vegas.  I leave on Wednesday for 8 days, so looking forward to the trip.  

Hugs to all and hope to hear from you soon.

• karen333
    edited September 2013

Hi all, it has been really quiet, been busy here with a 10 day visit from a cousin from Tennessee, she lived in Batavia for over 20 years and calls it home for her.  We have had numerous visits and a particularly beautiful wedding to go to.  Plus her re-experiencing all her favorite foods and restaurants that are not available in the very rural area she lives in.  It is always a joyous occasion that flys by so quickly.  Bill's game, any predictions or superstitions we need to be aware of?  hugs to all, Karen

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2013

Hi everyone, My friend Holly continues to fight. She was off the vent for a little while but was put back on yesterday. I am reading everyones posts, just not up to saying much these last few days. :( This is a very tough thing to watch.

I hope all of you are doing well and GO Bills!!

• karen333
    edited September 2013

Dear Debbie, prayers for Holly and for you, it is just heart breaking to have to go through this. love, Karen

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013

Hi everyone,  Haven't been on much; can't always "steal" someone's wifi.  I still feel like I am living in a dream (nightmare) these last weeks.  I had my mail forwarded to my Mom's address but am still getting it @ HIS house, so I went to the post office & talked to a arrogant supervisor.  He said it was MY responsibility to notify everyone that I receive mail from, not his!  In the meantime, I have to drive 16 miles out of my way after work, so I can pick up my mail.  My ex leaves it outside, by the front door, under a brick.  I went there on Wednesday after work & He was home, vehicle in the driveway & also SHE was there; her vehicle in the driveway!!!  I was so pissed!  How could he be home in the middle of the day? when he always said he was too busy w/ work!  It took all of my effort NOT to pick up the brick & hurl it through his front door!   I think he planned that on purpose because he knew I was going to be picking up my mail!! 

I feel like I have gone from taking care of him (doing his laundry, cooking his meals, grocery shopping) to taking care of my 82 yr old mother.  Only w/ her, it's more like having a toddler to care for & she is always here.  She has her daily routines & cannot deviate from them!  She is always watching me; what I am doing & why. 

Hope all is well; Debbie, stay strong for your friend, Cheryl, wish I could go to Vegas w/ you!  Karen, glad you enjoyed your visit w/ your cousin! 

Hugs to all,

Linda

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited September 2013

Hi all. So sorry to hear of your friends stuggle Deb. Linda hes a jerk move on. He'll get his. Karen glad you had fun with cousin. Been really busy still. Waiting to hear from Betty for planning lunch. Know irsneen quiet. Typing on kindle again lol. Have fun Cheryl and win win win

Love

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

Wow all quiet here. Did everyone see the harvest moon? It was beautiful. Anyone ever been to Vidlers? Planning the weekend destress trip and wondered if its worth the trip? I'm doing ok. I have an appointments coming up for variety of things so jump on my pocket and lets hope for the best

Maureen

• Skigirl72
    edited September 2013

jumping in your pocket...

I have a trifecta tomorrow... MRI, mammogram and rads.... all before 3pm. Yup, I sure know how to have a good time....

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

Deb how did you do?

Also shout out for patsback

• karen333
    edited September 2013

Hi all, my cousin is in town for a total of 10 days which ends tomorrow, she came in the day after I had my mammo, I didn't think you could put that much adrenaline in your system!!!!  I was on the verge of tears for the 2 and 1/2 hrs. I waited for the results,  All clear see you in a year, most beautiful words in the English language.  Kari is still recovering slowly, a systemic blood infection takes alot out of you, she is trying to be patient.  Do we have an October date set?, feels like so long since we have seen each other.  hugs to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

Great news friend. I need to hear from Betty. Busy month with work and life in general. Hope your friend is on the mend. Still waiting for the nephrology appt nervous but calm at the same time.

Maureen

• Skigirl72
    edited September 2013

All is well. MRI and mammo are clear. Rads was ok too. I am whiped out.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

Great news. Like your hair

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2013

Hello all sorry I haven't been around.  If we do lunch on 10-12, I can get someone to work for me.  If we do 10-19 I have to be at work at 3pm If we can do Sunday 20th its all good.  But do whats best for all.  Miss you guys I don't know where the times is going.

Love Betty

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited September 2013

HI all, I'm good for 10/12 too.

Hugs

bevin

• Skigirl72
    edited September 2013

12th is good for me

• karen333
    edited September 2013

Works for me too.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited September 2013

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on in awhile. Trying to enjoy this beautiful early fall weather, mostly by doing a ton of outside clean up and put away stuff....makes me sad. But lovin the weather. Won't be able to make the 12th or the 19th. The 12th is anniversary week end, so we're gonna try to do something fun. Week after we are going to UB game with the fire co. So please don't plan around me. If you decide to meet in Williamsville I might be able to stop in for a quick drink, but like I said, don't plan around me.

Glad to hear we've had some good check ups and praying for more good results. Keeping each one of you in my prayers....such a special group. Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

sounds like the 12th. Williamsville or batavia

• Maureen813
    edited September 2013

Karen what were you wearing today?

• karen333
    edited September 2013

It was so confusing at the end, I changed my outfit, LOL.  Boy they sure do make us sweat that last quarter, I think EJ Manuel will become a great quarterback, but in the meantime there was a lot of swearing at my friend's house.  I, of course, vote for the 12th in Batavia, I think Debbie can stay longer if we are here.  love to all Buffalo Bill's fans who are working on getting an ulcer, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited September 2013

I dont have to be to work until 6 on sat now so either place is fine... Williamsville where? its about 1 hour right? Batavia or williamsville is fine with me...

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2013

Either place is fine with me.  Betty

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Hi Ladies,

Yes, Maureen, he is a jerk & an ASS!  I gave him 11 years of my life & this is how he treats me!  I'm still having a hard time accepting what he did to me. 

I won't be able to make the 12th luncheon.  Like Jan said, don't plan around me.  I wouldn't make very good company; too depressed w/ my life right now. 

Hugs to all,

Linda

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Dear Linda, so sorry it is still hurting so badly, it is almost like getting over a death only harder since the person is still here.  Don't be afraid to ask for help from a professional, Catholic Charities and the County Mental Health Administration operate on a sliding scale, sometimes it helps to get another person's view, sending gentle hugs.  Debbie, Williamsville is almost 40 minutes from Batavia, if you obey posted limits,LOL.  Can't wait to see everyone.  hugs, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited October 2013

Its not that much further. Just down the thruway for me. Just let me know which one and are we confirmed for a date?

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Ok Williamsville om the 12th .ill make.reservation for 1.

Still have the stupid head/chest thing going on. Been home from work for three days. It will take me a month to catch upz! I will bring the handouts to awareness day. My onc is one of the speakers. Yipee. For 20.00 n all the nice things you get at the luncheon its money well spent.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Maureen, hate to be sick when you know what awaits you!!  Count me in for both the 12th and for Awareness Day Conference.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited October 2013

Hi All,

Had a great time in Vegas.  The 5th reunion was wonderful. Wish you all were with me.  The 12th is great for lunch, I will be there.

Hugs, Cheryl