Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited October 2013

Good Afternoon All, Having a good news/bad news day.

Good News: I made the reservations for next weekend in Williamsville at 12:30PM. The normal place we go. If you don't know that location, PM me and I'll send on the information. Debbie/Linda, I'll send to you anyway. Hesitant to post publicly because of lurking weirdos LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing my best buds. I'll bring the BC workshop information so we can mail in our reservations. It's a good workshop, Cheryl, me and Karen went last year and I have THE BEST FREE massage ever. Including everything and breakfast and lunch, cost is $20.00.

Bad news: EJ Manuel was hurt, that stinks, he's the best quarterback we've had since Jim Kelly. My kindly won't let me type on these threads, maybe that's a good thing as I type like a two year old when I type on my kindle, but I'm spoiled. Still sick. worst cold I've had in years, head/chest thing, everyone at work is sick too...hmmm wonder where I caught if from? Off of work for 4 days and on the couch all day today. I've decided laundry and cleaning can wait, I need to get healthy. Off to the nephrologist on Tues. boo. Hoping they tell me it's nothing and we move on.

Love,

Me

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Linda, I was talking to a counselor and mentioned your situation. She said sometimes people become so scared of an illness they pull away so they will not be hurt by the outcome. Could explain why your jerk did what he did. At the end of the day, he's still a jerk.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited October 2013

You are so right Maureen!!!!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Hey Cheryl, Did you win?

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

No, but it was fun trying!!!!! LOL

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited October 2013

Hi all, wasn't that a huge blow to the Bill's and to all of their fans when EJ got hurt. I agree Maureen, he is the best chance we have had since Jim Kelly, if we can only keep him healthy, I worry because he had work done to that same knee before this season began. Will be there in Williamsville at 12:30, can't wait to see all my friends, Linda, consider coming, it would be so nice to see you!! hugs, Karen

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2013

I was diagnosed in November 2012, had a bilateral mastecomy in February 2013 with tissue expanders, and had an exchange surgery to silicone implants in July 2013. I am not happy with my reconstruction at this point and will be having a second opinion plastic surgery consult with a different plastic surgeon shortly. Buffalo is a small town when it comes to plastic surgeons who perform breast reconstruction and I am getting the feeling that Dr. "A" does not want to "fix" Dr. "B's" work. I am seeking opinions of your plastic surgeon in the Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse area. Thanks for your input!

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Dear Lori, so sorry to meet this way and that you need a second opinion. I am originally from Buffalo, live now in Batavia and go to Rochester General for treatment. My Breast Surgeon, who I love, had recommended Dr. Mark Davenport of the Plastic Surgery Group of Rochester, located in Pennfield, a suburb of Rochester, the number is 585 922 5840. I have heard many good reports about him. This past summer I was going to have breast reduction to correct the considerable difference in my breasts following a lumpectomy and extreme reaction to radiation. I made an appointment with another doctor in the practice who was more available, he diagnosed a yeast infection noting I may need oral antibiotics but left it there.. I saw him because Dr. Davenport had a 2 month waiting list and now I know why. The following day I was admitted to Rochester General Hospital for a systemic blood infection, I was in hospital for 9 days. If I were to consider the surgery again, I would wait for Dr. Davenport. I am leery now of doing anything because of the severity of the infection and the long convalescence, but still mull it over.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Hi Lori, Welcome. Agree plastic surgeons in this area are scarce at best. A few women should be along soon to offer some help. I had a partial mastectomy with no intentions of reconstruction. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Maureen

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Hi Lori, welcome. I had a bilateral mastectomy w/ reconstruction in May of 08. I have the cohesive gel implants and am happy with the way my breasts turned out. You are welcome to pm your ps name and I will give you mine, if this will help. We are getting together for lunch on 10/12 in Williamsville if you would like to join us. PM Maureen and she will give you the information. Hope you are able to join us.

Hugs, Cheryl

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2013
    Hello Lori, I am from So Buffalo, and Had two differnt Plastic surgeon. The first one and I don't entrielly know if it was all his fault, but I had to go to another to have it fixed. So now I have to differt inpants in and they are small. You may PM if you like to know my surgeons. Best o Luck Betty
  • LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Hi All, Welcome Lori, I had a partial mastectomy ( in April) w/ no reconstruction but my Breast Surgeon was awesome. She was down to earth & I would recommend her to anyone I know. Dr. Ruth Hetland in Rochester, NY.

Sorry, I won't be able to make the luncheon this Saturday. I will miss seeing all of you! I have to wait for the Salvation Army (8am-3pm) to come pick up the "left overs" from my garage sale.

Hope everyone has a good time & have a drink for me! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hugs, Linda

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2013

Hi Lori, My plastic surgeon is Stephen Vega. I like him and he has done a great job so far. See you all on saturday!

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Hi all, I won't be able to make it tomorrow - have picked up some sort of stomach bug, don't worry have not eaten chicken. Have a cup of tea for me, could not manage a chocolate martini. See you in Nov., miss you all, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited October 2013

Came home from work last night sick as a dog. I hope its just a stomach bug. I'm not coming this afternoon. :(

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2013

Hi all! Karen, sorry you are not feeling well. I'll be missing everyone who goes to lunch today. We have a busy week end.....celebrating our 35th anniversary, just doing some fun things. Hope to see you all soon. Love, Jan

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

HI all you lovely ladies,

Lunch was very nice yesterday. We missed a bunch of you. Debbie and Karen, I hope you are feeling better.

I would like to ask you to pray for 3 of our BC sisters that have passed away in the last 3 weeks. EBann/Elizabeth and Cydz/Cindy were part of the Ta Ta Sisterhood. Elizabeth passed away on 9/27/13 while the Ta Ta Sisterhood was in Vegas celebrating our 5th reunion. It was a very difficult trip. Cindy passed away yesterday. She was a trooper and was in Vegas with us this year. She had a great time smiling and laughing all the time. She died 12 days after she returned home. CindyRose/Cindy passed away 10/4/13, I did not know Cindy personally, as I did the others. I knew Cindy through her thread on BCO. In March of this year Jill/Luvmyself also passed away from BC and was one of the Ta Ta's.

I am completely overwhelmed with the loss of my friends to this terrible disease. On the other hand, I am happy that I knew them and have met all of you.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Dear Cheryl, my deepest sympathies to you and the family and friends of these brave ladies. It is truly a horrid disease that takes so many wonderful women from our lives. We need a cure so badly. Gentle hugs to you Cheryl, I was sorry to miss the luncheon yesterday, I do miss all of you. love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Cheryl. Broke my heart listening to all this terrible loss. Dammit stop with the pink ribbon crap and find us a cure. No one is immune. Praying for the friends and family of all the wonderful women.

Karen and Deb hope you are feeling better. I had the handout for our yearly bc get together in nov. breakfast and lunch included for 20.00 dollars. If anyone is interested pm me and I will send info. It's a great informative day. Was going to bring sis along too. She'll let me know by the end of the week. Dr soniwala is on the panel this year. My favorite guy in the whole world. Other than dh of course. Typing on my cell cause laptop isn't working and I still can't type on my kindle. :(.

• LoriWNY
    edited October 2013

Thanks Skigirl72. Dr. Vega's name has come up as someone I would like to see. I have had one second opinion in Buffalo and will be having another one in a couple of weeks.

• LoriWNY
    edited October 2013

Thank you Cheryl and Betty. I have sent you PM's about my PS and would like to know yours/your experience with your PS.. Unfortunately, I didn't enable the e-mail notifications on this thread before today so I didn't read the replies to my post until now and I missed out on the lunch. I appreciate the invitation and the help everyone on this board has been.

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Lori, I replied to your pm. I do have to say that I have had a very good experience with my ps. I am happy with the way my breasts have turned out.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Hi all. I checked with the mods and they changed something so i can't type on my kindle. I will stalk on the. Posts till I can type on kindle

Love n hugs

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Hi all, I have kicked that nasty bug and feel better finally, hope you are better too Debbie. Maureen, I got the enrollment form in the mail and will send it in on Wed., it is such a good conference day, cannot wait to hear your Dr. speak, you speak of him so glowingly as do the other ladies. hugs, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited October 2013

Hi ladies. My friend Holly lost her battle last night. She leaves behind her husband and her young son. Sad times.

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Oh Debbie, so very sorry, this is the time when nothing makes sense and it feels like your heart is broken. This is a senseless disease that strikes with random cruelty, my prayers for her husband and son and all who loved her. Hugs for you as you deal with losing Holly. love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Debbie I'm so very sorry to hear of your friends passing. She is pain free now to fly with the angels. They need to screw the pink ribbons and find a cure for this friggin disease. No child should grow up without his mom. Prayers to her family for peace and comfort. Hugsssss

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2013

Dear Debbie, I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you at this sorrowful time.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2013

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your friend Holly. Praying that God will comfort her husband and son.

As Maureen says, we have to find a cure for this disease. I love pink and I love ribbons, but I hope to God that all these companies and businesses that "go pink" actually contribute a good portion to the cause.

on a side note, for some reason, i cannot respond from my ipad. not sure whats going on there.

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Hi ladies,

Haven't been on here in awhile. When I'm able to "steal" someone's wifi, the signal is so weak, it usually kicks me off right after I've typed my thoughts; very frustrating!

I went to look @ a 55+ community where they base the rent on your income. It is fairly new & so far no waiting list but the apts are small; about 680 sq ft. I know for a fact that ALL of my furniture & belongings will not fit! I did take an application tho & have started filling it out. Not sure if I will actually turn it in.

Today I would have been married 37 yrs! if my husband were still alive. Bittersweet day. I often wonder how different my life would be if he hadn't died so young from cancer. This is a horrible disease, a cure should have been discovered many years ago!

How was the luncheon? Hope everyone had a good time.

This Sunday my younger sister & I were going to walk in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer but now they are calling for rain & maybe reaching 50!

Hugs to all,

Linda