Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited October 2013

Dear Linda, this is a bittersweet day for you, I know anniversary days always put us in mind of people we have loved and lost. I heard a description once of how time lays blankets of comfort as the years go by but it only takes one reminder of our person to lift that comforter up. Hugs to you and Debbie on her loss. Karen ps. brand new rent controlled apartment sounds interesting!

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited October 2013

Dear Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. I hate cancer and they need to find a cure. I too have lost many to cancer and have friends now going through surgeries and tests. Sending you, Holly and her family hugs and prayers. She is now pain free and dancing with the Angels.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Hi all, went to see the dr. who will do my colonostomy on Tuesday at 3. I am at risk because of my own cancer and because my mom died of BC that metatasized to her colon. I am working hard at staying busy and not forecasting, I would like to ask for your prayers and I'm wearing jeans with big pockets - please jump in. love to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited October 2013

I'm in the pocket girlfriend. Keep us posted. And praying too. Love you girls so much. Don't know what I'd do without you all. Have my 4 mo check up on tues too. Then work travel then home to MRI us and mammo then breast surgeon. Just think of all the great news well have next week.

Linda hope all ok. Jan the mods said they changed something in the design of threads hence the reason for the kindle not working. I'm typing on cll and its driving me crazy

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2013

Karen, In your pocket with my Bible.ย  You'll be fine, just relax.ย  Maureen prayers for you also.

Love Betty

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Karen, I've jumped in your pockets! Will be praying for you & hope all goes well on Tuesday. Maureen, sounds like you will have a busy day as well on Tuesday. Hope you'll have great news from all of your tests.

Hugs to all,

Linda

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2013

Maureen and Karen- saying prayers for both of you.

Linda- please let me know if I can help you in any way.

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Thank you everybody, you warm my heart. Make sure that there are chocolate martinis in that pocket and make all the noise you like, I'll pat my pocket to try to get chocolate fumes. Prayers for you too Maureen, Tuesday is going to be a busy day and a happy results day. love, Karen

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Chocolate martinis made and chilling in the fridge. I will have them with me in your pocket. Prayers for Karen and Maureen on their busy Tuesday. Hugs to all, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Thanks all and yay bills

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited October 2013

Did someone say Chocolate Martini's ??!! Lol

Karen,

Will be in your pocket Tuesday enjoying my virtual Martini until the day I can join you all for a lunch and have a real one!! Have to think prep for the colonoscopy has started so sending sympathy hugs your way! My first one is scheduled for Dec 9th and, good grief, there's a ton of instructions for the prep!

Maureen,

Sounds like a full day on Tuesday for you as well. Here's to celebrating great news for both you and Karen!

And last, but not least, Yayyyyy Bills!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Thanks seaside. Can't wit for you to join for chocolate martini

Karen I hope that the prep is being kind. They always say the prep is the hardest part.

Luv

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Prep starts tomorrow, went grocery shopping with my grandson and his buddy, who is one witty boy, keeps you laughing all the time. When I loaded the cart with juice, more juice, Gatorade, flavored water and Jello, told them why, the drink jokes started and continued till we got home, it helps so much to laugh. From my first baseline, if that is the way it is going to be, I won't be posting tomorrow night! love to all, Karen

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Well my DH will be having a colonoscopy friday. So his lovely prep will start Thursday night. Boy am I glad I will be out of the house then.

Karen and Maureen, the martinis are ready to go, how about we add some chocolate covered strawberries? They are already packed.

I wish you both great results. You are in my prayers.

Seaside, I hope you are able to join us soon.

Hugs, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Dear Cheryl, this is the week of colonoscopy, didn't see it on my calender, lol. I start my prep at 3 so I imagine I'll be pretty busy this evening.. Mixed up the lovey liter of goodies and it doesn't smell too bad, they suggest refrigerating it to make it more palatable. Your DH will be in my prayers and Maureen also. Chocolate covered strawberries sound grand, by tomorrow after the test I will be starving as well as clean clear through, heck of a way to lose some weight. love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2013

Just hopped on the desk top cuz I still can't post from my ipad, so i will be contacting the moderators after this post.

Karen and Maureen, will be with you both tomorrow as you undergo your procedures. Can't wait for the choc martinis and strawberries. Prayers for both of you and Cheryl, your DH as well. Let's get this week over.

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2013

Karen and Maureen,

Thinking of you both tonight and praying that you both receive great news! Deep breaths and calming thoughts going out to both of you!

Karen, PM or call me when you are able!

Edited to add:

Cheryl will be thinking of your DH on Friday, too!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Chocolate strawberries sound divine. Tomorrow I see soniwala. Wed I fly out have presentation on thurs. fly back home thurs night then Friday is mammo us MRI and off to breast surgeon. Grrrrr I hate this week.

Karen good luck tomorrow Please let us know how you do. In your pocket right now seem like a safe place to hide lol

Love

Maureen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2013

Hello Ladies, I am so far behind with this thread that I am just going to post and say that I am in both Maureen and Karen's pockets with prayers, chocolate Martinez, and whatever else we need!!! I think I may have figured out how to access this on my phone so I will be checking in more often. My computer is just about dead right now. :/ so sorry I missed our last lunch. Been so busy with everything. Playing catch up everyday but never quite catching up. Prayers and love to you Karen for your procedure tomorrow and to you also Maureen!! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’— Susan

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Thanks for the prayers for hubby. Karen and Maureen prayers to you both will be in your pockets in the am. Maureen will make another batch of chocolate martinis and chocolate covered strawberries for friday. Please keep us posted on your results.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2013

Karen and Maureen,

Thinking of you both this morning.

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Seaside, love it!! Thank you to all you wonderful women, can only write short notes, lol love, Karen.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Karen, still praying.ย  My appt. went well.ย  Will have results on Friday. Low (tumor markers) is the way to go!!ย  Karen post so we know all is ok or have DD give one of us a call and we can post for you.

Soniwala's new office is wonderful.ย  Saw the NP and she looks WONDERFUL.ย  Say prayers for her, the woman is walking through hell and needs all the help she can get.

Gotta run, will post later.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Hi all, all clear!!!!!!!!!, my appt. was at 3 but they never took me in till 5:30, so just got home, am eating everything in sight, have not eaten since Sun. at 11. Good results for you and me Maureen!! I could hear all of you and it really made me feel good, I get sooo much support from all of you. You are very dear to me.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

yay karen!!!!!

Eat eat eat.

• SeasideMemories
    edited October 2013

Yayyyyyyyy Karen!!

Mangia, mangia!!! Hopefully you have some of your favorites at your ready! Possibly knock back a good chocolate martini in celebration and then... rest well tonight! I'm sure sleep was in short supply last night and you must be exhausted!

Maureen,

Glad to hear all went well today! Hoping that all goes well Friday, too!

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2013

Yaaaaay Karen!! So happy for you that you got the all clear!! Love to hear those words. Now enjoy all that food you missed during the prep time. Maureen good luck Friday. Glad or went well today! Love to both of you. <3<3 Susan

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2013

Karen- enjoy those lost pounds and eat up. Happy happy for you and your good results.

Maureen - praying the same for you.

Seaside - I love that picture - the dog praying too is priceless.

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Congratulations on the all clear Karen and same for you Maureen. Maureen will be in your pocket for Friday. Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Hi all, boy are the instructions for aftercare right, "no driving for 24 hrs", I got up at 11 and am going back to bed for a nap, can hardly keep my eyes open. tried to talk to DD while we were having our coffee and she was laughing hysterically at me. Definitely one of the most expensive drinks I have ever had. Off to bed, Sophie is already curled up in bed waiting for me, she did this when I had radiation too. Night- night. love, Karen update - slept from 12:30 to 4!!!! PS, Debbie, how are you doing, I know how much it hurts, only time helps dull the pain.