Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Dear Mother Cluckers ...

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mother Cluckers!

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923

I like this clucker's attitude...

• janet in virginia

I like this clucker's attitude...

• janet in virginia

Now how did that post twice - must be the asparagus  :):)

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965

So, where to now?

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

so today is day #2 of rads.

when i went in today, i met the man who goes right after me. he is about 65, wheelchair bound, oxygen tank dependent and I don't think his brain is doing too well. he lives in a retirement home and needs someone to bus him over to and from everyday.. i don't think he has alot of family or friends.

i didn't ask him where he was getting radiated but i think it may be his head. he kept asking the receptionist what her name was. like every 5 minutes. she knows this man well as she smiles and says it over and over everytime. he also asked what time it was. again every few minutes. and again she obliged and told him with a kind tone and smile.

he couldn't remeber anything. and he was alone. it made me sad yet thankful at the same time.

here we are all bitching about people asking us a million questions about how we are doing (trust me, i get annoyed too) but this man is confined to a wheelchair and retirement home and can't remember anything over 5 minutes ago.

made me appreciate my diagnosis in a very weird way that i think only other cancer patients can understand.......Cry

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I always try to remember that no mater how bad I think things are going there is always someone who has a worse time.  Then I see someone who has it worse.

• janet in virginia

Heidi - where to is right!  I think everyone must be either pooped out or hungover from the 100 page party, royal wedding, Derby & mother's day.  Out of boredom I re-decorated my clucking cubicle in the security hut.   Whoever goes to the store next...we need more tin foil.

• janet in virginia

I did Low's SUV too.  However, now I can't get the door open.  Low....can you hear me?  Are you in there???

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

nice.....................

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

JV dear first the chickens------I think your fingers twitching with too much asparagus. Then your cube, then the car. Now if you show up to work dressed in aluminun foil, you may have a couple of paramedics show up. Make sure you have all you TMCI  I.D. and the recipe, and everyones job description.  And may be they won't take you to the farm. Personally, I love your work it shows great initiative--sas

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177

I want to know where she gets the extra wide foil from, mine is hardly wide enough to cover the Christma..    ahem.....   sorry.

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

If we are running low on aluminum foil we call always call the Fedx guy......maybe he's the cure guy?

HD angel, I feel for that man.  Yes, someone always seems to have it worse than we do. 

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

The hen house has been too quiet.

Is everyone okay?

• thenewme
    thenewme Member Posts: 174

Hi Veggy!  Maybe the henhouse has been in quarantine since the discovery of a rotten egg in our midst?  Or was it a fox?  I know it kinda spoiled things for me a bit, but I do lurk more now - I think I need the bagawk-giggles more than ever, LOL!

• veggy

I think it was a rotten egg.

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

waaaay too quiet; but maybe a lot of hens are out adventuring in the springtime on their own or with their roosters; settin on their eggs or clucking over their brood; or even chasing the fox I (actually) saw yesterday, running out of town.

Low is probably getting ready for her peripatetic adventure. I've been considering sending some pretty funny "hints for northerners & others visiting the south" - but want to stay inoffensive. Being an honorary southerner with VA, NC and KY roots, I'm allowed to tell the jokes, but wanted to check in with the southern hensters first.... some will certainly bring a cluckle.

• veggy

Let's keep our eyes open 

for anymore bad eggs!

• thenewme

JUST SAY NO TO ROTTEN EGGS!

• veggy
  • thenewme

Whew - I guess the problem lies in recognizing a rotten egg - especially when they're hiding right in amongst the good eggs!  ...And WOW can they be toxic after a very short time!   

• thenewme
  • sandymess
    sandymess Member Posts: 86
  • MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

LOL!!!!

• janet in virginia

Now that's a bad lookin egg.

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

I'm here..lurking in the Hen House. Still struggling through the last round of chemo side effects and on to more chemo ( reduced dose) Friday. But will be checking in...and roosting quietly in the corner most likely.( Last Chemo!)

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

i have been lurking too.. started rads monday and already they are kicking my ass, i'm napping in the afternoons and still have this yucky tooth i need to get out!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

cluck, cluck ,sweeties EMILY and ANGEL. We need to have a recovery room in the hen house that has special roosts and nests, and a nurse chicken and soup. Hmmm can't be the outsiders soup, that is usually used to make you feel better

Any suggestions regarding  a soup to make Angel and Emily feel better. They already are going through the cure recipe. We can decorate it. How about PINK. No pink won't do. Don't forget to give them their call buttons and put the side rails up.. Maybe we can get the dentist to come to the hen house for Angel. Angel Have you ever used a tea bag on a bad tooth? Slightly moisten------not wet (too wet will cause nausea). just enough moisture to allow molding over tooth. Will reduce swelling and that leads to reduced pain. Old time tx. L&H sas

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
    funny coffee images Pictures, Images and Photos" just got the stupid "coffee cures cancer" email...damn, I guess the 2-3 cups a day I've been drinking for the past 20 yrs. hasn't been enough...or maybe I'm just not adding the right stuff to it?  Angel, maybe you should chew on a used coffee filter instead of a tea bag...kill 2 birds with one stone.  (on a serious note, sas is right, teabags are what they use when you have your wisdom teeth out)