Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
  • MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    Laughing
  • rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154
    Veggy, I came home from rads AND blood work at the onc and I was feeling pretty beaten up. Then I read your posts and laughed like an idiot! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

MBJ------Great pic and look at all the hair-----whose the guy in the tie?

Veggy you are keeping things rolling to many chicks in the recovery room or graduated back to the assembly line. Pm'd  Emily -----She's working it through , but still in recovery room Sqwackkkk

• MBJ

Sas:  That's when I still had short hair 9 months after chemo.  That's my DH--he grew a mustache for New Years and we are at a roaring 20's party.

• sas-schatzi

I guess I haven't seen you versus your chicken in so long ------how long is your hair.. You two look like a matched set-------ppprrrrruufect for eachother.

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

hey ladies!

having all 4 of my wisdom teeth out friday morning.

needs to be done, so i don't get any nasty infections. I have been so stinking worried about it and spoke with some people about it. they all say " after all the hell you have been through. this will be a piece of cake!"

I sure hope so!!!Cry

• Daydreamernh
    Daydreamernh Member Posts: 20

Thank you! Thankyou!  I was hysterical laughing at this thread. Sleeplessness does that me, but this thread just topped it off!

• sas-schatzi

Angel baby---------to avoid complications do everything they say please, I didn't at 19 and still have problems at 60. Don't smoke anything, don't drink alcohol, don't eat you pain reliever like candy. I didn't drink alcohol , but I know you like a  brew now and then

Ask what you should do if pain is more than you expect? Watch tylenol/actemiophen intake b/c that actually more dangerous than the pain med.

Try to do opening and closing of the mouth ---if not the first day then at least,  2nd day forward. I didn't ----------It hurt when I moved, so I didn't move---------got a frozen jaw---------lifelong TMJ problems as a result. Do not suck on a straw can rupture and eardrum if pressure builds up ----follow all their don'ts to a tee.

Good luck and be well L&H&P's sheila

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

thanks sas!! i plan on following their do's and don'ts to a "t".

no alky, i don't smoke, no straws, and lots of rest!

• MBJ

hdangelbaby:  I had mine out when I was 21 or so.  Looked and felt like I had the mumps.  Lived on portein drinks for a week.  You will be fine but a little sore.  Good thing they put you under for it.  Be sure to take your antibiotics on time and do the rinses to avoid infection.

Thank you Sas!  Trying to get my hair to my shoulders but it looks thicker when it's short!

• YamahaMama
    YamahaMama Member Posts: 107

Okay, ladies, I apologize for jumping in and posting at the END of the thread, because I'm STILL only on page 16, but I had to post this before chemo brain ate up the thought!!!!  If someone already posted this elsewhere, I apologize for reposting but...what could possibly be better than cured bacon and sugar in CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES???  How's THAT for munchies?  I haven't tried them yet, but I'm thinking about doing some of the puffing if someone will pass, and I'm out of Doritos...  Laughing

Ingredients

For Caramelized Bacon

10 Strips Bacon
    1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar

For Cookies

1 Stick Butter, plus 2 Tablespoons
    1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
    1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
    1 Egg
    1 Teaspoon Vanilla
    1 1/ 8 Cup Flour
    1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
    1 Heaping Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
    Caramelized Bacon (above)

Directions

For Caramelized Bacon

Pre heat oven to 380F
    Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lay strips of bacon on top.
    Sprinkle bacon with half the brown sugar.
    Bake for 5-7 minutes and flip the bacon.
    Sprinkle bacon with the rest of the brown sugar.
    Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until a deep brown color.
    Make sure the bacon does not burn!
    Remove from oven and cool.
    Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces.

For Cookies

Pre heat oven to 350F and grease baking sheets.
    In a small bowl whisk together flour and baking soda and set aside.
    In a large bowl beat together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
    Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, slowly and mix until combined.
    Mix in chocolate chips and caramelized bacon.
    Place small tablespoon sized balls of dough onto greased baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
    Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a light golden color.
    Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

Yanahamama: Oh my...those looking horribly delicious.

• sas-schatzi

Oh Yamaha------to die for. What kinds of things might they be sprinkled on? Puff puff pass

• sas-schatzi

Angel----forgot to say all four of my wisdom teeth were impacted. The way you describe yours is they aren't impacted. Two different worlds as far as pain and recovery. The funny thing about mine that MBJ reminded me of was, I was in a wedding less than two weeks later. The dresses were a pale shade of green, which reflected off my pale shade of green cheeks LOL.

• MBJ

sa: LOL to the green-mine were impacted, too.

• sas-schatzi

MBJ--That was fun wasn't it I lost 10 pounds------should have figuired yours were too, when you said you did liquids for a week. Won't talk about the other stuff until angels done. Hmmm.LOL

• MBJ

Sas:  ugh!  I was really skinny then so I had to put back on the pounds after that.  Not so anymore.  I would love to be 10 pounds lighter!

• veggy
  • sas-schatzi

Veggy-good one LOL

• sas-schatzi

new thread on hot flashes --------some good http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topic/770796?page=1

• veggy

Sas- I tried clicking on the thread but I got this...

PAGE NOT FOUND  (grrr)

• sas-schatzi

veggy --i went and redid it-------try again----I just tested it and it worked for me I'll wander back and check later-----if you are still having a problem leave me a note-------sas

edit a bit later--Veggy -Whew I had to redo each one and added more and each one had to be done twice, even though exactly the same thing was done each time??????? Any idea what I was doing wrong??? The second redo was identical to the first do????? _DUH_ I'm dizzy from the back and forth. Did > a dozen threads , glad you caught it, I would have had a lot of PM's to answer besides links LOL.

• sas-schatzi

New thread on social security questions answered by a lawyer whose wife has BC. Knows his stuff------posting on a bunch of threads---------go to financial forum

Can't make link work without trouble, not up for it.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

hello ladies!  Been on vacation and haven't been on here forever, but jusst wanted to share my latest email from my annoying Step MIL who means well but drives me nuts....lipstick is now the dreaded cancer spreader because it contains lead..."put some lipstick on your hand and rub it with a gold ring...if the color turns black, it contains lead".....uh-oh, I guess I should stop licking my baseboards then.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
    anne taintor vintage quote ruby red lipstick.. Pictures, Images and Photos This should read "hello cancer" instead
  • sandymess
    sandymess Member Posts: 86
    haha! Good one, thegood5!! No more chewing on pencils either. Tongue out
  • veggy
  • sas-schatzi

TG5  and veggy  ROLOTFALMAO

• veggy