Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333

Good Golly Molly...this thread is still going and funny as ever! 

For the oldbees...I have traded in the Bounty for a permanent supply of Depends.  I even got the new peach color!  Really stylin' now!  And no matter how hard I laugh...staying dry!  Woo Hoo!

Officially retired as of May 20th - had a bit of fun at first and then all the paperwork (done and approved for STD, LTD and just got the notice today that my SSDI was approved) and my first road trip was great until the last day...the back attack and subsequent downhill decline that landed me in the hospital for 8 days and today, I wait for the Minnesota clinical trial meeting to approve the reinstatement of the trial and I can start the new treatment regimen.

Happy Wacky Pack...Low Rider is Back!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Lowrider - this is for you!

It's a hug. Hope you're feeling better. We missed you!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    Hey Low so glad to have you backCool , but sorry for the trouble. It's always something. Undecided
  • veggy

OH NO! IT STARTED AGAIN!!!!!

How does this promote breast cancer awareness????

Ok pretty ladies, it's that time of year again, in support of breast cancer awareness!! So we all remember last years game of writing your bra color as your status?.....or the way we like to have our handbag handy? Remember last year so many people took part that it made national news and, the constant updating of status reminded everyone why we're doing this and helped raise awareness!! Do NOT tell any males what the status' mean, keep them guessing!! And please copy and paste (in a message )this to all your female friends to see if we can make a bigger fuss this year than last year!!! I did my part... now YOUR turn ! Go on ladies...and let's have all the males guessing! .. It's time to confuse the men again (not that its really that hard to do :)) Everyone knows it makes their brains work wonders on what we're talkin about!! The idea is to choose the month you were born and the day you were born. Pass this on to the girls only and lets see how far it reaches around. The last one about the bra went round all over the world. So you'll write... I'm (your birth month) weeks and I'm craving (your birth date)!!! as your status. Example: Feb 14th= I'm 2 weeks and craving Choclolate mints!!January-1week Febuary-2weeks March-3weeks April-4weeks May-6weeks June-8weeks July-10weeks August-12weeks September-13weeks October-14weeks November-16weeks December-18weeks - Days of the month: 1-Skittles 2-Starburst 3-Kit-Kat 4-M&M's 5-Galaxy 6-Crunchie 7-Dairy Milk 8-Lollipop 9-Peanut Butter Cups 10-Meat Balls 11-Twizzlers 12-Bubble Gum 13-Hershey's Kisses 14-Chocolate Mints 15-Twix 16-Resse's Fastbreak 17-Fudge 18-Cherry Jello 19-Milkyway 20-Pickels 21-Creme Eggs 22-Skittles 23-Gummy Bears 24-Gummy Worms 25-Strawberry Pop Tarts 26-Starburst 27-Mini Eggs 28-Kit-Kat Chunkie 29-Double Chocolate Chip Chrunchy Cookies 30-Smarties 31-Chocolate

• Merilee
    Merilee Member Posts: 734

I got a request for this too....um, right. NO BOOBS MEANS NO BRA DAAA!

And these knuckle heads have not thought about how it is for survivors to read about all these pretty bras, not that I want one , I'm just sayin'.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

First of all, Welcome back Low!  Hope you are bouncing back quickly!

2nd, that beer can dress just looks painful

3rd, I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that stupid BC awareness thing floating around on FB.  Some people just don't get it.

Kudo's to you veggy for keeping this thread hot!  Now that my kids are back in school, I should have a little more time to hop on here.  Hope you all have a great Holiday weekend!

• sas-schatzi

3 minutes ago sas-schatzi wrote:Re-posted from Mitchell thread

Yeah LowRider--------me too. It's is a comedy classic from page one. Since Fuck'em used to be a response I used to counter stupidity. To be able to say Cluck'em. Carries the same meaning and keeps me out of trouble. LOL. The variations on Cluck>> Cluck, Cluck you, Cluck Off, Cluck'er, Cluck'em, Cluck you, Cluck Them, What the Cluck, Mother Cluckers, International Society of Mother Cluckers - ISMC-----------------OMG this reminds me of GEORGE CARLIN. When he actually did a monologue on the uses of the word FUCK. He was almost put in jail. YEAH GEORGE. He changed history.  If you ever get a chance to here his monologue on it, definitely have your bounty and tin hat with you. A definite bucket list item. They did a whole thing of his when he passed. Up till then hadn't heard it. He did it in the time that was just ahead of me--forget what year-------but a stir , it did create CoolLaughingSurprised SAS---------I'm going to C&P this to OMG Thread

• sas-schatzi
    5 minutes ago sas-schatzi wrote: Originally on somewhere-------think it was MRS> mitchell's thread

how funny is this ---------I forgot to submit the above. But had Copied it -------took it to OMG and pasted it. forgot to hit submit. Came back hereto Mitchells thread and it's not here. Tried Control V in the box and it pasted. Now I have to re copy and go paste on OMG. The Force wanted it kept.

Any more Mother Clucker's think of uses for cluck----------cluck away------sheila

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

hey all!! i have been lurking lately, either working, napping or struggling to keep a clean house!!

sas, since you are a nurse, can you help me with something?

i went in for my 3 month follow up, (its been 6 months since chemo, and 3 months since rads) i am still sooooo sluggish all the time, i now have full blown neuropathy in my hands and feet, i gained 15 pounds since treatment ended, and my joints bother me and so do my muscles.

my doc ordered a b12 and thyroid testing. she said it could be  either of those, and if those come back normal, then she said it must be from the taxol.

have you ever heard this? i do have just about all the symptoms of both the b12 and thyroid issue. or it could still be from treatment i guess. any feedback from anyone, would be appreciated!! many hugs!!!--angel

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

Hdangelbaby~ are you sure you are not reading my chart???? I just went out and bought a very expensive prenatal vitamin trying to alleviate the sluggishness....my MO checked my thyroid and other levels, everything was fine....I have gained 10 pounds since rads finished June 6.  Before that I had maintained my weight through chemo and rads not even moving a pound (although I DRASTICALLY changed my diet went vegan, no sugar, no preservatives, etc).  I thought it was weird I wasn't loosing weight -

I started taking Krill oil 1 gram a day, and that seems to help with the joint issues and the heavy PMS/periods that came back for two months, now disappeared again.  I finished chemo in Feb and rads in June (I had surgery in between)  The last time I remember feeling good and energized was right after surgery.....

I gave up on clean house a while back....I get sooooo tired I just want to come home after work - I used to volunteer or visit with friends for dinner etc....not any more....

My radiated area hurts like hell, and is rock hard between the boob and clavicle (my tumor was high on the chest wall).  I am sore all the time, but not sure if bone or muscle pain.....sucks for sure.

I just saw my MO Monday from all of this. She told me to try massage therapy (as much as my co pay for PT and she said I might enjoy it more!)

• msjag
    msjag Member Posts: 64

Hdangel!!! Its been awhile, we were on the same chemo thread, did rads amonth apart.  My aches and pains have started to go away, some slight burning on/off on the top of one of my feet, but going away compared to two months ago.  What's strange is that I didn't have any aches/pains through chemo  or through rads. joints/muscles ached right after rads.  My thyroid has been checked and it was ok.  Sorry your going through this.  Did you have any neuropathy thorugh chemo?    Hope your docs find out what it is, and you get some relief.  I too gained some weight after rads, but I had lost 20 pounds thorugh chemo.  Feel better.

• sas-schatzi

ANGEL - baby---------these damn treatments do something different to us all. But drug interactions are a big deal. Send me by PM all the drugs you are taking. I'm gone for the next 4-6 days. I have paid for a very good drug interacting checker and i'll substitutue your drugs for mine---------it's my nickel and they don't have a rule against it.-------------wish it wasn't happening babe

• veggy
  • veggy
  • veggy
  • SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462

Veggy,

You most definitely are not alone in the hatred of the facebook breast cancer 'awareness' game.... I really just can't believe that so many would view this game as helping in any way, shape or form and not see it for the totally assinine, insensitive thing it truly is!

Last year, a sister from these boards, posted a VERY moving and powerful response to the facebook game! I passed her message on to many I knew to get some 'real awareness' of this beast called breast cancer out there!!

Here is a link to Day's post.... http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/63/topic/766516?page=1#post_2301558

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Hey hey HEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!  Hellllloooooo to all the Mother Cluckers!!! 

I am trying to catch up but ... there's ALOT to catch up on!!!  I have missed everyone soooo much!!  I finally have my computer fixed and I'm back on the boards!!! 

Oh cluck!!!  Holy Cluck!!  What the Cluck!!  I'm a cluck, she's a cluck, everyone's a Cluck Cluck!! 

Hello all ... I've missed you!!  I'm going to write an update on the 2011 Chemo Pals.  It's been a cluckin' wild ride!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Good to see you back.  please copy that update to this thread for those of us who don't have chemo.  I'm sure the others here would like to read it too.

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

sooo.. my thyroid and b 12 are normalllll ... must mean i am stuck with neuropathy and getting "thick"

ugh...

doc called in neurontin.. trying that tomorrow night!! we will see how that goes!!

hugs to all,, and to fuzzy... Angel

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

angel, don't be surprised if it takes a while to get full relief with neurontin.  My nerve damage from shingles was one of the worst pains I've ever suffered and it was constant.  It took a couple of weeks to build up in my system enough to control it.  In the meantime I had to take Oxycontin.

• thefuzzylemon

Do you suppose smearing chick poo on my radiation burn would work?  I'm pretty sure I may be growing a boob back...it's a pretty swollen mass of somethin'!!

Could we gather in the front back of the hen house for a little asparagus and chicken dancing?  I'm hoping we all still party like Mother Cluckers ...

Still puffin' and still passing ...

• sas-schatzi

Fuzzy you good ole Mother Clucker-------glad to have you back. ____Chickpoo sounds as good as anything they have offered to date. Meet you in the back of the henhouse on the smoking side. Not sure if anyones in the recovery room side. Definitely, lots of chickens in a state of disrepair. All those things to fix us, broke so many other things.

Angel ----good to know thyroid/b12 normal. PM me your drug list and i'll run it through my drug checker. I was never a chemo nurse so never studied those drugs like I did others. But your symptoms sound so similar to what so many say all over the threads that I have followed. Basically, that the treatments wreak havoc on us and recovery is different for each. Chabba's advice on Neurontin is really on mark. The fact that she got a good response with it for post shingle neuropathic pain is great. It is one of the most difficult types of pain to get relief from. One thing that may help and it's a bummer b/c I know that your henhouse in your town is where you got your greatest support through everything that you have gone through. Delete your favorite brew for a month and see what your response is.  I know that will so bum you out, but give it a try, particularly, if you haven't started Tamox yet. If you can identify anything that changes your fatigue before starting Tamox, that really would be HUGE, b/c Fatigue is a strong s.e. of Tamox and AI's. The biggest change for me with the fatigue was TIME and exersize. The further in time, I get away from 2009&2010 and the rountine of swimming which is my exersize of love, and doing the same re the brew of choice--the better I feel.

Chabba----------so happy for you that you got reliefCool

Puff puff pass brawgggkkk meet you in the front back with Fuzzy for a little aparagus ANd ckicken dancing.

• sas-schatzi
    Veggy The henhouse is waking up. GIRL do your magicWink Meet you in the b/f
  • veggy

The magic starts in the henhouse!

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210

Maybe Mr. Bean is the Cure Guy?  He's silly enough to have the cure and not even know it!

• veggy

I think he's too serious to have the cure.

• sas-schatzi
    A minute ago sas-schatzi wrote:

Friends I'm reposting this here----------it has implications for you and your childern. Many of you don't post where you might see this.Wink

I'm re-postig this from another thread. tested hyperlink. There are implications , not just for us, but all women and childern males as well as females. Children being exposed to high levels of estrogen. Could explain why early onset puberty has been such a problem. AND newborns being born that have signs of going through puberty.

I'm even more bummed that article was published in DEC 2006. It should have been a Public Health Warning issued from some agency. You noticed that at the end of the article they said they were going to lay low. It was fascinating that the Mongolians to empirically figure this out and have been doing it for 2 thousand years. That's HUGE.

TO ALL---read the below hyperlink.-----How it affects us is---Now we may have to make choices about milk.

Another thought the government has NOT dealt with the public impact of what this article identifies. Guess it's not politically correct.

I'm going to add the hyperlink here and re-post it on a couple of threads.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

• thefuzzylemon

Ahhhh....four more treatments in radiation....puff puff ... I am Chicken Fried for sure but almost done ... Veggy - I laughed out loud at the snort snort!!!

Sas - I'm having a tough time seeing ya through the smoke!!  Can ya bring some munchies?

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333

Got a package ready to send to henhouse...let me know when you get it fuzzylemon. 

Oh, are we going to have a great time with Pink October and all the 'cures' and not to take anything away from the Pepto thread...real pics of things turned pink - don't ya know, the pink trash bins are being distributed in the Minneapolis area - I thought we were smarter than that - its the first I have seen something like that here.  I hope it is the last...arrrrrgggggg.

Cluck Pink

Low (Covert Operations)

• thefuzzylemon

LOW!!!!!  So awesome to see ya here!!!!  Oh boy, a package from you?  I better start building up my tolerance levels!!!  LOL