Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Duck for SAS

Liked this one, maybe the duck thopught it was the cure.

Oh dear this one needs the cure   Maybe we should head for the hen house. I'm at the front back door.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I'm at the back front door and staying away from the basement door. We need to have a party! I have jello shots. Oops, I just checked and they're gone. Its time to make more! Its 5 o'clock somewhere!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Alyson thanks for the ducks They are sweet. We need to take care of the little guy with 4 feet though so no one picks on him for being different in the hen pen

• sas-schatzi

Veggy ready for a partyyyyyyyyyyy. I need a new hat though, mine fell apart. Any new fashions on the market?????

• sas-schatzi

brendatrue workinging on getting you the link for Bonfire ---be back

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/7/topic/763848?page=76#idx_2274

• sas-schatzi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7fz0jpuLkM

VR from the Bonfires found this, there are some very good  and naughty laughs  HEH HEH HO HO HO CLUCK

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Yep the home health care nurse recommended jello she says anything with gelatin is high in protein for healing.  Really? I have never seen jello labeled "a good source of protein". I thought it might be steak instead...but yep jello shots it is..lol..............

• veggy

• veggy

• veggy

• Alyson

Jelly (or jello as you call it) shots are not bad made with champagne!!!

But then with spirits could of course be the cure as gelatin definitely cures everything.

• veggy

MMMM... champagne jello shots sound delicious!

Tonight we had strawberry daiquiris.

• Alyson

Veggy I love David Bowie.

• veggy
    It took me a while to figure out why you mentioned David Bowie. I realized he is in one of my pictures I posted. Sometimes it takes me a while to put two and two together. DUH!
  • veggy

Sorry Nancy - all the jello shots are gone. I'll try to save you one next time.

• veggy

I tried crocheting a tiara with yarn. Now how do I make yarn from foil??? Any suggestions?

• Alyson

I will have to get out the spinning wheel!!!

This is evidently knitted!!!!!!

• Alyson
    Sure you could manage this Veggy
  • veggy

One of these days I'll have to get creative and make a foil tiara.

Good night! This chicken is going to bed. 

• veggy

Maybe is I used barbed wire instead of chicken wire I could keep the doctors away.

editted to say...can you tell that I am tired by the way I am talking? "is" should be "if". 

• Alyson

This is really tinfoil.

Veggy I love the idea of barbed wire. Sleep well, we are just getting to the time of day when one must think about feeding the rooster.

• veggy

I am trying to go to bed but the computer keeps calling my name and so is the foil. 

Again I will try to go to bed. 

• sas-schatzi

Nancy ------you've gone to bed , so I missed you. Between you and That's life, I have never laughed so much. That was such a fun night. Insomniacs is still going . but not as much as it was. The night we did that though was on a different thread. Wish I could remember where? Glad to see you here. I'll drop a note to T-L and tell her you are posting here. L&H's

Veggy and Allyson thank you for the examples, I wasn't very happy with my last hat it wasn't pretty. I want something pretty. It was silly, so it sufficed. There is something, if I can find them are oh so pretty.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Veggy and all - I usually only lurk here, laughing my a** off!  Yesterday however my next door neighbor joined me during my walk around the park.  She asked me if I had gotten the information on the asparagus cure.  My mind immediately went to the foil hat that I have not made yet.  This weekend for sure!

Phyllis

• sas-schatzi

OH Phylis, welcome. As time goes on if you haven't read from page one please read a few pages at a time with an empty bladder. Don't lurk just jump right in and start pecking around the hen house. Must ask was your friend serious or jolking?

• Alyson

Phyllis if she asks again tell her we actually smoke it.

puff,puff pass it on.

• sas-schatzi

Phylis, I agree with Allyson. Then keep a straight face.  But it does mean something if she well intentioned and a good friend. So, you could just through her thoughts into the bonfires.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

sas and Allyson - (sigh) yes she was serious!  Then she went on to explain the doctor and the science behind it.  I just said as politely as I could "I'm not convinced.  Because what about all the people all over the world that don't have access to high quality asparagus derivitaves that don't get cancer?"  She still tried though saying isn't it worth a try? 

I wanted to quote veggies opening post to her  including the part about smearing our own doodoo on ....  So I just thought of the hat I will make.  I should make one for her also.  She's my next door neighbor and I need her to be sane!  Then maybe we'll smoke some asparagus.

• sas-schatzi

Phyliss, I have a first cousin that believes in a diet------so far she has lost allot of weight and so have her kids who went on the same diet in support of her. Perhaps it's real. Perhaps not. If you contact ERIC V--------and read his story. We can have BC for along time and it not be visually evident. ERIC V tried to get his doc's to pay attention for 10 years-----they didn't--he's 33. May be my cousin will live X number of years. Then if she dies of BC her family will believe that she lived so long b/c of the diet. --------who knows----------another friend chose to do nothing and lived 7 years. My twin chose to do chemo and has survived since 1996, except she had so many people telling her that she was going to die(not me), that her best friend became Scotch.

I had a patient that had an aggressive------BC,       I forget particulars of why there wasn't a resection, I wish I had never seen the tumor. I'll leave it at that assume what you may.

May God keep us all, L&H&P's sheila

• sas-schatzi

Phylis it won't help you, or as anyone knows, but a near neighbor that thinks they are helping is worth the effort if she will do it. Whatever this damn recipe is. I know there are jokes about it. But- The trade off-----someone that cares and is willing to help-------so as long as she does whatever with asparagus.  If she is there for you for whatever you may experience. She believes she's helping. You know that she's helping. transport , doc visits. That may sound like you are using her-----well yes-------sorry , but true

I use to use a phrase," use me, don't abuse me."----- Friends will fly away during cancer. Those that you thought you could depend on ========are gone  Cluck'em.

I agree , her thoughts have no basis in science at this point. But she Loves you. She has no knowledge of the cure. If there was a knowledge of the cure, none of us would be here. Cluck

To loose a true friend, that loves you, even if she believes in asparagus, if she is important in the history of your life------don't let it happen. If there is only a walking hx and you don't care. Let her go.

My husband and I had cancer at the same time. The ones that stood by us were few. Never take an offering of kindness lightly. I'm a widow now, Of the people, I can count on are the people that stayed with us throughout the whole trouble, two of them are neighbors.  Another would be more giving , but I can't ask, but I think I must.. Sorry this was supposed to help you and I'm falling apart all over the place------sorry