Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

And I thought I had been orginal with my dialog at chemo...

• ymac16
    ymac16 Member Posts: 85

That was hilarious jelson! I just got back from tx #2 and I experienced so much of the same stuff - the stupid beeping, being cold then hot, etc, it just made it even more funny to me. Thanks for sharing that.

• Meece

It's good when we can still see the humour in this whole big thing.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

i'm still somewhere, I don't know and I can't see ............ what is real and unreal. I keep turning corners and nothing changes. Walls all around

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

• veggy

• maggiesuzanne
    maggiesuzanne Member Posts: 9

sas-schatsi. I agree. Walls all around

• sas-schatzi

v&M i'm getting a message , but what is it. It's still really  smelly in here. Veggy what should I do to get our?

• Meece

I just read this .. . .

"We have enough youth,

How about a fountain of smart?"

• veggy

Sas - I took some of the chicken feed and popped it. Just follow the smell and look for the trail of popcorn. Focus on the popcorn. I am here, calling your name too. Listen for my voice. At first it may sound like a whisper, but keep listening. Only focus on the popcorn and my voice. It will get stronger and stronger and it will help you find your way back. Give a loud "CLUCK", shake your head and come back to us. Remember..we care.

I had a nightmare last night. I had to go for tests. I had to change into a hospital gown in a room filled with men who had procedures done. The nurses took me into a room where all the machines were. I was sobbing. I had a very bad feeling of dread. I got into a bed that would be wheeled from machine to machine without me having to get out of it. The next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room very groggy and thirsty. I couldn't talk. No one understood what I wanted. I could not remeber what happened. I was laying on my right side and told to stay like that. I could not wake up this morning (for real). Monday I do see the oncologist. I'm scared. SAS - I need you back here!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

meece,  That made me almost choke on my breakfast!  I love it!!

• jelson
    jelson Member Posts: 622

http://boingboing.net/2012/02/24/shit-girls-say-to-girls-with-b.html

many of the idiotic things people say to us! from Jenny Saldana via Xeni Jardin

too funny!

• Meece

That was good!

• Spinnerpom
    Spinnerpom Member Posts: 55

OMG, I just stumbled (staggered) upon this thread while sipping my evening cocktail. Yes, I know...it's my drinking that has caused my cancer and I really should STOP RIGHT NOW (oh shut up)...but I did just spit some drink on my keyboard while reading this.

I hadn't heard of the asparagus cure, but the "raw foods", "raw juices", "healing chicken broth", "coconut oil" (ok, I am using that during rads on my tata and it's working but it didn't cure me).

Try mixing fresh roasted beets with the asparagus.  Then your pee smells and it's PINK!! 

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

welcome aboard Sara - you belong here....

Laughing

• maggiesuzanne

Yes, today I decided I am sick and tired of being sick and tired....so I made my boyfriend drIve me three blocks to shop then paid someone thirty dollars to pick me up and carry my purchases back to my home......I then informed my boyfriend I no longer want to be sick and therefore I will get well.....after way too much wine....so tomorrow he thinks I am ready to go to the health club for a vigorous workout.....please pray for me to wake up in time to do this..........tomorrow my cancer cure will be to get out of bed!!! It will be a miracle.

• kingjr66
    kingjr66 Member Posts: 406

maggiesuzan:  I found your post very inspiring.  To just get out of bed, but the shopping is awesome. Think of the shopping as your workout.  Just walking is a step by step in the right direction to becoming healthy.

• maggiesuzanne

Thanks kingjr....it is the next morning and I am out of bed....going to get a bath and get dressed ....promised myself I will follow thru and actually go with my boyfriend and be cheerful....avoiding the death-warmed-over look I now sport will be the challenge...I am so mad at myself for being so pathetic lately.. I want to jump out of my skin!!! I know one thing.....I am not dying and I have too much to do ..I take good care of myself and am keeping this monster at bay...my last blood work was perfect....so I am doing something right by isolating myself, eating well and controlling pain.....my goals right now are to keep my sanity and be happy about something.....I asked my boyfriend last night if he would keep me if I got well...he laughed out loud!!! He assured me he liked me a lot better when I was well...so my motivation is to make sure no one replaces me because he is the love of my life.....I can do this.....there are lots of people who have surpassed the odds and I NEED to be one of them......I want to grow old with him!!!

• veggy

I'm here. I'm just chillin. Nothing to say or make fun of. 

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980

Veggy, the nightmare sounds somewhat universal...men...a million tests...being immobilized physically and emotionally...no control...
    and not unusual considering your Monday onco visit...
    Best to you...J

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Somebody pass the clucking asparagus ... Give me the Bounty Hunter because I need to slip him a $20 and give vague directions ... Is Low in the HenHouse?  May need a special agent with me at all times (some one to smoke the asparagus with and make fun of Dog's wife...)

Anything to drink up in here?  Ummm...not the "cure" if you don't mind...maybe something a little lighter?

• kingjr66

Nancy:  my kind of painkiller.......cheers !!

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431

Nancy......great minds - I just had a Painkiller like that (but minus the orange juice)......mmmm

By the way - when I see your kitty I almost think it is mine!

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

My ex told me that women who get bc must have done something wrong to get it and must have deserved it. I knew right then what I had done wrong, so I got rid of him. Dam bc still came back, so not only was/is he stupid, he lies :).

• kingjr66

Nancy:  my kitty loves having his pic taken....as you can see......He's my favorite subject but does not like the flash too much.

• sas-schatzi

Veggy, Found a tunnel, Underneath the manure pile. So, going to the lake to clean up . Phewy sticky. mucky. Sorry, I wasn't here for you on Monday . How did it turn out?

Whe'd better watch our chicken feathers with all theses kitties around here. Do you think they would patrol at night around the Hen house. That would be way cool.  What sort of protective gear can we give them? And weapons. They need weapons. Who are they going to protect us from. They should have an idea what to watch for. If we keep them busy at night patrolling, they'll be to tired during the day to think of our tail feathers.( Sneaky resolution). We shoulf have non-chickrn toys to distract them too, if they start to seem too interested.

Of course in the beginning they are going to be confused by the front, the frontback and the back front.and backacepptthereisn't a total back, but they will catch on.

Fuzzy pass that asparagus this way, I sure need it where I was . Puff Puff ahemmmmmm.

• kingjr66

Hi Nancy:  He's been posing since he was a baby so he's very used to it.  I have hundreds of pictures of him.  I actually took him from a neighbor.  He was always outside in rain and cold and meowing all the time since he was so young and so unloved by them.  Then one day he got shot by another neighbor (actual cop no less) and I had him fixed and presented the bill to my neighbor, pay it or he's mine.  Well you see how the story ends there.  I called the cops on the cop. 

Back to pics.  It helps with no flash.  This shot was from his perch in the window so I did not need a flash.  He knows his name pretty well and I just have to call him and he looks at me.  Catnip might work on your cat.  The right kind and he will go bonkers.

East Greenbush is upstate NY.  Right across the Hudson from Albany.  I can see the capital bldgs (skyline) from where I live.  And we are finally getting our first dumping of snow today and tomorrow.  Can't wait.  Hope it's not a lot of hype, but the radar sure shows alot of it coming.

• veggy

Here's some cats looking for a job to keep the hen house secure.

• veggy

Good Morning everyone! Its great to see activity in the hen house. I hear you cackling.

Sas- my appointment went good. No signs of cancer returning. I always get my feathers ruffled a week before seeing the doctor.  I have another appointment in three months.

• sas-schatzi

Veggy --great job on finding protective gear for the kitties. Super happy your appt. went well. I'm into worry the same as you. We are targeting last week of March for brain surgery. That's why I fell in that damn hole. Little Bean is now large salad tomato(pretty close description).

Nancy and Kingj-------your babies--so cute

Diana rose---so glad you got rid of the clucker.