Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

Tif, I am not a coffee drinker, can you tell?

• thrmine
    thrmine Member Posts: 30

Wait people, we are drifting off thread, while we do need a cure, we are here to discuss the cure for another set of folks, the stupid ones or at least those with stupid moments.  

Like the friend,who gave me her Mom's book on "alternative" ways to treat cancer effectively.  Her Mom had used the book.   Why did my friend give me the book?  Her mom no longer needed it.  She was deceased.  Cause of death, cancer (but not our kind). No joke.   Needless to say, I have yet to crack the book.  Now the friend noted here is not clinically stupid, she just had a hopelessly stupid moment.  Maybe there is something just to treat these acute cases.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I'll just let Katy Perry's ensemble speak for itself.

• Meece

Back to your comment Thrmine, do you think stupid people would notice if we sent them idiotic cures for the common cold or hayfever when they sneezed? 

• thrmine

You know what causes a cold right?  going out in the cold. 

• Makratz

I bet Katie Perry has asparagus panties on.  Maybe she knows the cure for breast cancer is frosting?

I still don't know the cure for stupid people.

thrmine, what's the name of the book?

• thrmine

Acute cases of stupidity require quick treatment.  So I say sign all these dear folks up for the Starbutts gift cards and then we can polietly tell them where to put their morning coffee.  Just for a day or so, then we'll forgive and forget...cause we have chemo brain anyhow.  

What was I saying? 

Who has the puff?  Oh here it is, puff and pass. :)

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Emily, it seems that Dr. Yates' patent medicine show is closed.

Maybe you could make your own asparagus wine and dose the dummies with it? 

I used to know a guy who made dandelion wine, it was a prized beverage in the 'hood. 

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923
  • konakat
    konakat Member Posts: 499

this reminds me of the saying -- I may be fat but there's always lypo for that.  There's no cure for your stupidity.

• Makratz
  • Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    "It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."        -Unknown 
  • EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

It occurs to me that stupidity may be like insanity..you're always the last to know.

Working on the updated "cure" right now. Perhaps if we show them that we have incorporated all their "suggestions" into the "cure" they will leave us alone?

• thrmine

Title of the book you ask?   Well, naturally, I forgot it.  So I dug through the recess of my book case and lo and behold I found it.  The title, and I am not making this up, "Outsmart Your Cancer, Alternative Non-Toxic Treatments That Work", emphasis theirs. 

And no joke, in pencil on the inside cover, flaxseed oil and cottage cheese, pg. 210.  !!!

Seriously.   I looked at the inside cover checking for a name to be sure I had the right book.    

HA!  

Ha ha puff, cough, weeze, I did not inhale, but I'll pass now anyway.  I really must tend to the household that is falling apart around me on account of this thread.  Where are those children of mine anyhow?  I keep forgetting their names.  :)   

• thrmine

OK, disclaimer here, I am not now nor have I ever been any authority on any type of treatments, traditional or otherwise. I did not read the aforementioned title.  Perhaps it's approach is working for someone out there.  As previously stated, thus far in my journey I have relied heavily on conventional treatments and a whooping 9 months or so into this trip, my results have been ....guardedly good.  Never mind the lovely life altering bmx with recon that had to be deconstructed, but that is for another thread.  

Ok, still thinking I should be checking on the kids. :)  They might be eating my cottage cheese or something.  

• Makratz

Thanks thrmine.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who forgets her childrens names.  Alright, I know their names but the constant flow of friends????  Sometimes I forget their names!

My kids would never touch my cottage cheese or asparagus.  Now bacon....thats another story!  Their motto is " Bacon Good!"

• Meece

Thrmine, if they're eating cottage cheese, and they are girls, they may be dodging the BC bullet at an early age!

• Makratz

That's it!!  I have boys!  thanks Meece!

• Meece

Love your new avatar, Mak!

• Makratz

Thanks!  I'm hoping riding season will be here soon....if the dang snow ever melts!

• Makratz

Some STUPID humor:

Stupid People should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm stupid."

That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops, never mind. I didn't see your sign."

It's like before my wife and I moved from Texas to California, our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway.

My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey, You moving?"

"Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week just to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big 'ol stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock says, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?"

"Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel, there was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. There's only one way to test that.... "Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good....they want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you."

"Well, all right...hold my sign, I don't wanna lose it."

Last time I was home I was driving around and got a flat tire. I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations, the attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?"

I couldn't resist I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago, a guy came over to the house, drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Darn that's hot!"

See... If he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

Know anyone who needs a sign?

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394

Mak,

Now, I am totally laughing! Thank goodness I do my kegel exercises regularly so my pants are dry. I know that I have some signees, but I no longer have a memory so I can't remember who they are!

*susan* 

• Makratz

Are you puffin' too much to  those signees?  Keep plenty of Bounty on hand for those leaks!

Puff puff pass!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Linda  hahahahahahaha

For stupid jokes.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
  • thegood5
  • sheila888
    thegood5... Are you pretending you forgot your posts?Wink
  • thegood5

that would be my hubby...he's been trying to help me post a pic and it's just not working.

• sheila888

I thought you were playing the stupid game.

• Makratz

Well, tell us about the picture.