OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Novena notification update:I unintentionally made it sound as if the novena was just for Frank. Franks change of condition triggered us to want to do a novena. The novena is for all of us on BCO and others that are added by members. The link below goes to the working copy of the combined list of intentions,If those unfamilar with a novena would like to take a look and see how it's being put together. The next paragraph is the first intention.

Dear God---May all, of many Faiths, come together in prayer and support of each other. Jesus Christ,Mother Mary , and the Holy Court of Heaven, hear our prayers for all the sisters and brothers of BCO in this there time of need. Strengthen them and their families and let them not despair. Heal them if you will, or guide them to understanding and acceptance of your plan.

community.breastcancer.org/for...

So, if you want an intention added for you , or someonelse please PM me any time now. Probably should put this link in your favorites to refer to on Aug 14th. At this point we are leaning towards ST Peregrine Patron saint of Cancer as two members are willing to take the intentions to ST Peregrines shrine near Pheonix Az.

Sorry for muddling up the first communication. It all seemed logical at the time. It was only after multiple messages received that I realized the problem Thanks for your involvement. SAS

The prayer that will be added is said once a day and the intentions are said once a day

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

So glad I found this board. I'm newly diagnosed, as of 7/27/12.

I think I have a good attitude, mostly, because of my trust in God. I'd rather laugh than cry anyway, but both emotions ( tears & laughter ) are cleansing.

I was leaving church on Wednsday evening when a lady asked me how I was feeling. My church know what's going on with me, and they've been praying and supporting me. I told her I feel fine. The cancer was found because of a routine mammo, not because I had symptoms. She came back a few minutes later and asked, " so what are they telling you?" I told her about the up coming biopsy, to which she replied in the LOUDEST voice she could, " they're going to just cut it off?" I wanted to rip her lips off!!!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

ripping of lips, totally permissable it seems to me

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289

Soteria205......YOU, will hear many comments from people.....Do they mean well?? Not sure....are they clueless??!!  I think so......you will be the one to decide and get better at your replies.......My husband and I decided to try and NOT estrange anyone in our immediate family....for they are experiencing emotions....but othere people??!!  Just protect yourself with words......tell just how much you want them to know.....Liz

• proudtospin

yeah, some folks say the most clueless of things, protecting yourself is what you will need to do

if I had it to do over, think I would have buttoned my lips and kept more to myself and not expected help from certain folks

then again, keeping my mouth shut would have meant not experiencing some of the wonderful gifts of  friendship and offers of help

if had to do it over, I guess I would still tell folks but would have some caution in who I told and when as it is your choice

but you can write a book with the dumb thoughts!

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289

I, think once you are diagnosed you are CHANGED FOREVER......and when you tell someone...No matter who it is be it close to you or not....they view you differently...and if you think about this...WE, have done this to other people over time in different ways......Liz

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Path results B9!!!! Amen! Now to heal...

• proudtospin

oh wow! great news, celebrate girl!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

B9 happy dance

• sas-schatzi

GMA----happy brwagkkk Celebrate ,celebrate dance to the music.

Soteria25--That woman is sick.  She stated something you never said. Seems to me it might help if the pastor had a chat with her. But she's probably to stupid. I have to go back and find the definition of a STUPID I wrote for a newbie under similar circumstances. Proudtospins suggestions are a good plan.  When you have time read from the beginning of this thread, you will wet your pants it's so funny . Then around pg 42 someone called us cackling hens and that's when the clucking started.

• sas-schatzi

Solteria It's now 6 am couldn't find that STUPID description. oh well---so many will help you survive them. Nighty night.

• Avrenim
    Avrenim Member Posts: 4

GmaFoley,

It is always a joy to see good news. I hope you feel great soon!

• gmafoley

Soteria - I am just conscious enough to actually read some other comments... I have had church people say stupid things too! Duct taping her lips might be more permenent - I can see anyone in church that says stupid things with duct tape on their mouths... At least everyone would know that maybe they should watch what they say.. I think I must have trained all the ppl at church last time around, because this time, it was just very caring thoughts and hugs... It seems very hard to forgive stupid people.. but I used to be one of those stupid people until I had BC...

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62

ma

Congratuations! 

• cheryl1946

Today my ex-husband came here to meet up with our youngest daughter.

The first thing he said was I know an 86 yr old woman who killed her cancer with vitamins and prayer. She works at a vitamin store he goes to. He then said I need to take shark oil?? 

I explained again (have told him many,many times) that I'm stage IV and there isn't a cure,but I'm doing well on my treatment. 

He kept on about this woman; I told him next time he sees her ask her what type of cancer she had,and what stage.

I know he worries about me,even though we've been divorced for 28 years.But it really bugs me when he doesn't hear what I say. Then again that's one of the reasons we're divorced!

Cheryl 

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Oh for the love of everything holy....RIP OFF HER LIPS AND STICK A BEAK ON HER!! CLUCK THAT!! Then....for the ex-husband....wrap up some asparagus in some ZigZags and try to light it in front of him with your tin foil hat high and tight!!! Let him know its a cure!!! Oh...and go into DETAIL about the coffee enema....my guess is he'll get the hint but ex's can be pretty dumb....might need to get Dog the Bounty Hunter Chihuahua to take care of his ankles..

• cheryl1946

thefuzzylemon

Your post had me laughing out loud!

My ex would not get the hint. He believes any and all "preventative treatments and cures " for cancer. He thinks it helps,but it drives me nuts! He drinks warm lemon water,takes numerous herbs and other things so he won't get cancer. 

No matter how often I tell him I already have stage IV, so I can't prevent it,he doesn't get it. 

• cat61
    cat61 Member Posts: 53
    thefuzzylemon, OMG that is crazy funny !!!!! You made my day, thank you  Laughing
  • thefuzzylemon

I'm at the point where I'm actually intimidated by the question "how are you?"

1. It rarely means what I think it means.

2. An answer of "I'm good" is messed up in translation to mean "I'm cured, don't miss my boobs, have no pain, energetic as a 3 year old, and have no worries in the world".

3. There's often a hidden agenda to the question....usually an speedy transition into a horrible death story. For example, just last night..."I've lost so many close friends to C this past year, but you weren't one of them." No shit? Really? So glad I was informed!

• gmafoley

I Sure wish there was a Cure for "Stupid". I don't know what people think... Being I "Look" ok everyone feels that it is acceptable to tell me what I have to be greatful for... or  the big "AT LEAST" You have... (fill in the blank).. The one thing, I have learned this week, never compare what you are going through to someone else that might have it worse than you... I am still going through what I am going through and everyone is different. I am still traumatized by the Big "C" and it will be with me forever...  I am really down today ladies - we have someone staying with us and she is taking advantage of her situation - My DH told me I was being too hard on her and to give HER a break.... I wonder if he says that to her too??? Probably not....

• thefuzzylemon

Gma....I'm thinking you need to talk with your DH. Or...get the company to reside elsewhere. We are sensitive and don't need any more crap....no matter How big, how small or who its from. Show her the door....:)

Here's another slap in my face that comes along....the "oh they caught it early....or "oh they got it all then". Ok look...when they don't know about Really serious stuff that rips apart peoples lives, they might be put on my "you're an a$$hole list in a hot second...

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Maybe you should ask your company this question.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
  • thefuzzylemon

LOL!!! Love that!

• Alyson

Thanks for the laugh veggy.

I would often ask students if they had 'silly seed for breakfast'

• cheryl1946

veggy

love the pix-keep em coming 

• proudtospin

veggy and fuzzie....you have made my evening!  too funny

• thefuzzylemon

HAHAHAAAHAAA!!! Proud...you made me laugh as I was thinking about what a great team Veggy and I make....because:

EVERYONE NEEDS FUZZY VEGGIES! EEEEEWWWWW!!! HAHAHAAAHA

• proudtospin

I think that Fuzzy veggies are a cure for all that ales us!  not so?

(sorry but Not so is a old Pa Dutch phrase that really does work well here.....not so?)

• Alyson

Fuzzy veggies are not easy to find!!!!

Now these ones are good for you.

Not sure about these but they are pretty 

Oh dear, thats what comes from having time to fill in before an doctor's appointment.