OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

We had a dearly loved border collie we had to put down when he was 16 years old.  For years, we said we'd get another puppy after.... after we retire.... after we get settled.... after we build a fence.... after our vacation....  Finally, one day I said ENOUGH - I want a puppy NOW.  We got a miniature Australian shepherd.  She's been the sweetest, smartest, "velcro" companian.  She's coming up on 10 years now and I'm so glad we quit saying after....

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/791442?page=1#idx_1

Go see, up to my ankles in chicken doo. sassy

All the creative ladies here will have a heck of a time with this one Brawakgggk

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

SAS - Is that a good thing or a bad thing... I posted and started things rolling - was I not supposed to do that?

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289

Yesterday....when I was with a group of ladies that I know one Gal asked me if I did Chemo??!!  It, made me so very mad......I said .... Really we did not disclose me treatment.....I just did not care HOW she took that answer.....WHY did people just assume that one does treatment.....it is a Choice....Liz

• sandcastle

Yesterday....when I was with a group of ladies that I know one Gal asked me if I did Chemo??!!  It, made me so very mad......I said .... Really we do not disclose my treatment.....I just did not care HOW she took that answer.....WHY do people just assume that one does treatment.....it is a Choice....Liz

• sas-schatzi

Sandcastle I have been avoiding bringing the HIPPA rule here , but I think it's a good thing to be able to say "well you've just broken a federal law and there are x,y,z, penalties that go along with that if you are reported." Said enough times the Stupids may think twice before opening their flappers 

• learnin
    learnin Member Posts: 37

Sorry, but I don't get it - how does an acquaintance asking a question break a federal law? Did I miss something?

• sas-schatzi

It doesn't, I went looking to see how HIPPA covered invasion of our privacy by individuals AND so in the little time I spent reading , HIPPA doesn't protect us from stupids asking us any personal stupid question they want. If anyone out there has any info that's different ,please let us know. To bad it doesn't. I have a scar on my face and spent my whole life having questions re:it from total strangers. I had hoped our privacy was more protected with HIPPA, but not even close. BUMMER

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
  • veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

cute frog!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Love it Alyson cause it's so true, even if I do only slap them with a look. 

• psm201244
    psm201244 Member Posts: 19

Lmao! I too am adding this thread to my favorites! Keep em rolling, we could all use the laughs!

• gmafoley

Thank you Alyson - I needed that so much this morning - I just found another lump last weekend and after an ultrasound, got a call from my surgeon - it needs to be taken out. something about necrosis (I don't want to know).. Here I go again.. Its amazing what people had said after I told them... Don't get me wrong but I am so tired of people taking the bible out of context and saying:  "Know that God won't give u anything u can't handle" I won't get into "religion" here but it had nothing to do with daily living, it had to do with you being used to spread God's word.. My niece said that to me...I know they just aren't thinking and feel the need to say something.. 

Alyson you might have to put another funny picture below my post.. lets get laughing again! 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

As requested.

Gma, do hope that lump is necrosis cause they are B9. And if you read my signature, those shoes I have could be useful to kick people.

Have a great weekend.

• gmafoley
    Thank you again Alyson... I heard both ways with necrosis..It depends on if it is fatty necrosis or cancer cell necrosis.. I suspect it is all the dead tissue from radiation.. haven't seen the report yet - radiologist had no clue what the lump was but he looked at the whole scar. He did say he has seen cancer tumors that shape after radiation.... The surgeon's "worrysome" part is that the lump is different and away from the radiated scar and if 16 months ago, he had clear margins, why are there possible dead cancer cells in the area.. 
  • gmafoley

Anyway - Surgery is this weds at 12:30 pacific time.. its looking more like it is something benign but they couldn't say for sure.. that is why it is coming out.

• sas-schatzi

GMA good luck with the surgery  and everything being B9

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62

Gma, I'll be thinking of you. Best of luck and praying it's b9 

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

gma - hoping for b9!!!

• Avrenim
    Avrenim Member Posts: 4

Today, I am able to make my first contribution to this great thread (I have not been able to finish reading all the previous comments, but hope I am adding something new):

I was informed by a manager at my job that cancer can be cured with baking soda.  He knows a doctor that is injecting the stuff directly to the tumors and it has no secondary effects.  Oh, the only problem is that the doctor does not accept health insurance and you have to pay $300 per visit, cash. 

• gmafoley

Oh MY, not on my boob he doesn't ROFL - This manager believes it????? What planet is he/she from?

• Avrenim
    Avrenim Member Posts: 4

Yes, he believes it!  He gave me the phone number in case I wanted to get an appointment. 

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

Hubby - gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr need I say more.  i was trying to go to sleep and he ticked me off and I got madder and angrier and pretty darned MAD and now I am wide awake when I was exhausted.  Not even deep breathing helps.  Thought of this thread.  It makes me happy most the time. 

We had friends over last week.  Was alone w wife and talking about my dx andsshe said, a woman she worked w had bc then she got mets to lung and she died.  Such encouragement, what do they thin,like the waitress who told me her DGM died from bc right in front of my little granddaughter.  That was the stupidest.  

The rooster needs his arse kicked for ticking me off on a high stress day when I am exhausted, let's get the dogs involved.

Gail, she was out of line, people sometimes like to say things to put us down, that was her way and it is sad.  Probably no one saying anything.

Edited to add, that dog will not harm the rooster, it is a herding dog and simply KNOWS how to give the rooster a hard time until it does as asked.  But look at that face, I call it my ugly face.  BTW, Hubby is out of rooster house for the day, good man.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Baking Soda???  ah, if only it were that easy....

When I got my dx my daughter was after me to go to some "miraculous cure" guy she knew about.  A friend of hers went and was now "cancer free".  I asked how she knew she was cancer free and got a blank stare.  When I told my daughter I was going to go the "normal" medical route I apparently insulted her, as now she won't speak to me.  Ya gotta love the way some people handle stress.

• sas-schatzi

We will be starting a novena Tuesday Aug.14th . I have asked Frank to pick the novena. Please, keep him in your prayers daily as he is being chemo challenged at present. The herceptin has stopped working. We have many members that are having condition changes on the Catholic thread and throughout BCO right now. Please , join us on the 14th.

A Novena is prayers said daily for 9 days with stating the intention of your prayer. An intention can be for a person , group, or a thought. This will be posted on threads also. You don't need to be Catholic. Prayer is Prayer. If something in the prayer doesn't fit your belief system, substitute or omit that portion. We are an Ecumenical group which means inclusive of all.

Send your intentions to me by Pm or post on Catholic thread on sunday (preferrably) or monday and I will combine them into a one list. It takes awhile to do the composite list, thats why I ask that intentions be sent on Sunday, Pax Sheila(sassy)

community.breastcancer.org/for...

• gmafoley

FYI - Surgeon decided he wanted a diagnostic mammogram with extra views before my surgery tomorrow - that's what I get for asking him to make sure he takes out anything that looks suspiscious.... Mammo at 3:30 today and then surgery tomorrow at 12:30.

• cat61
    cat61 Member Posts: 53

Quacks, there everywhere !!!!! They do say , ignorance is bliss.......

• sandcastle

Sometimes.....IF!! I am pushed in the corner....and YOU all know how that can be.....I just say....WHEN YOU get your Cancer you can do it YOUR way....Liz

• gmafoley

Surgery over. Looks like it was garbage from rads. Path will be in Friday. Up to take pain med. doing better this morning. On iPod not computer hard to type.

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Sandcastle.....WAAAHAAAHAHA!!! Oh honey, consider that stolen!!! "When You get your cancer, you can do it your way." I LOVE THAT!!!

PUFFING AND PASSING....no, wait...I'm not done with that yet.