OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Veggy and all I'll post this here and then on FRR. Shortly after The BMX, I Had chest pain---knew it couldn't be ignored b/c of type, called the squad, in the mean time searched the house for an aspirin(part of heart protocol). I 'm in the ambulance with this youngin, meaning late 20's early thirties---He has to run and EKG. Bare chest---both scars under the highest illuminating light available. Poor younger, I felt at the time---what a nice younger. We talked EMS. There was a certain thing I was involved with at ground level as a younger that changed the world of EMS. It was nice that he was appropriately impressed. Last count 300,000 have been trained since, and the military adopted  the model for training. It was with a great group in those days. Made and old girl (still 59 @ the time) feel reaily good even though the scars sucked. So, out of a negative, came a positive.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

This is for ther stupid people.

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

Sassy, nothing like getting it all out in the open right up front.  I feel for you, glad he was a nice young guy and you had something to share with him to break the ice. 

• sas-schatzi

Essa-Thanks, you so got  the embarassment of the moment, that  words were able to change the direction.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

SAS, your EMT story reminded me of the time when I was 58 and spent some time in a nursing home due to a severe bout with acute pancreatitis. After losing 80 lbs I was a very weak walking skeleton.  I had an aid that was about 18 yrs old, very shy, no experience, 1st week on the job.  He was helping me back to bed after a trip to the commode.  He got all embarrassed when the back of my hospital gown gaped open.  I explained my theory about the three types of modesty, true modesty, false "Victorian" modesty and medical modesty.  A couple of days later his supervisor came in and thanked me, She had been concerned about his shyness when she hired him and said he had told her about our conversation when she had complimented him on how quickly he had gotten over getting embarrassed in such situations.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980

Sas, you are quite a story teller...what a moment!  It sounds like you went out of your way to help put the attendants at ease.  I really think you are a big part of the real cure for stupid.

Chabba, what a great answer for a universal problem!  I'll remember that. 

Veggy, new avatar - awesome.

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Team Name Suggestion:

Bitches with Balls??

I dunno....it had a nice ring to it...LOL

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
  • gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

That is priceless!!!!

• kingjr66
    kingjr66 Member Posts: 406

Fuzzy - love the "bitches with balls" totally......

Linda - LOL.........

Veggy - your beauty is skin deep, it's what's inside that matters.  Mind over matter.  One day at a time. 

• sas-schatzi

Joan Thanks, it's the Irish in me. Celts had stories for everything , it must be in the genes. But seriously,life is a story and it's the meaning of what happens that can teach us so much if we pay attention. Celts were an oral history society. They did pass on the history and defined the lessons learned. But some people not raised in this fashion, think we tell to many stories LOL.

• sas-schatzi

Linda----I agree priceless!

Fuzzy---Bitch with Ovaries.>>>>>>>>Balls are too prone to injury----and can be cut off easily. LOL

Chabba--I love your description of modesty so wish I had it for all the years of working. Do you have a more comlete definition for each. They are basically self explanatory, but thought you might have a one liner that makes them more understandble to the ones that don't get it..What a great teaching tool. Nice that the supervisor told you how it helped the young man, you changed his life that dayCool

• chabba

SAS - I used something similar to this. 

In Victorian times legs could not be seen or even spoken of. Even furniture had "limbs".  Dresses reached the floor and furniture legs were often covered, floor length table cloths and in some instances skirts on pianos! 

Normal modesty is a little harder to define every year as sexual displays seem to become more and more acceptable.  Rather than try to describe it I used comparisons of what would not be acceptable in day to day situations but are OK in a medical setting.  i.e. I would be embarrassed if a house guest walked into my bedroom and caught me undressed, having him see my bare backside as I got in bed was much like uncovering my breast for the Dr to check for lumps, not worth thinking twice about.

• Elizabeth1889
    Elizabeth1889 Member Posts: 509

Linda, If there were a "Like" button on BCO, I would press it for your post about Xanax.

• sas-schatzi
    Chabba thanks, Oddly I'm a huge Victorian fan---living room victorian to the nth degree, but had forgotten about the furniture thing, "that the curve of a table leg could be suggestive".Cool
  • chabba
    SAS  My Grandma had a lot of Victorian furniture---but she proudly displayed her legs. Wink
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all

It's urban myth about the Victorians being so prudish about chair and table legs. In grand houses the legs where shown off as the carving indicated wealth, however if you had a long cloth on your table it meant you could hide plain table legs(so much cheaper) and so disguise lack of wealth. Actually there are some quite provocative Victorian chairs.

It is a cold winter's night here so I must go and put my blanket on so at least my bed is warm.

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

i  should not be longing for a cold winter's night but here is heading for another uggy 110 F and humid, not even pleasant at dawn today.

Yes, the plain furniture could be hid but everyone knew.  Same with meat on the bones, I wonder if the clothing had more fullness to hide the thinness of a person?

My modesty has taken a hit, of course.  I am more the Victorian type, covered with skirts.  BUT the same goes, my legs have always been atrotious, spelling?, so I cover like a not so wealthy Victorian family.

So bringing it back around, Chabba's anecdote on modesty still goes because the chairs were not covered for modest, but for modesty of the wealth one did not have.

Makes sense?  Probably not and I do not even have chemo brain to blame, just my brain on me.

• sas-schatzi

How do we explain the men that walk down the hall with their hand on the I V pole and their gown completely open in the back. So totally oblivious. and H so FUNNY?

• chabba

SAS - Might that be a pathetic example of male exhibition?

• veggy
  • Alyson
  • thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Yeah!! Standing up for the Chickens!! Cluckin' awesome!

• Linda-n3
  • Linda-n3
  • Linda-n3

One more service parents can provide: Embarassing their children!

• veggy

I have a ton of embarrassing stories about my 2 sons. I started writing them down so that when I am old and forgetful, I'll still have them. I haven't let the boys know.

• sas-schatzi

Cool veggy----that'll be a hard secret to keep.When you get the urge to tell themPM somebody that way you can get it out and not tell them LOL's--------

• Alyson
    Send sent me this and I laughed so much, maybe I am just a silly hen, where is the foil?
  • sas-schatzi

ahh Alyson thaks for the warning FB so sucks................