OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
  • sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

GMA They Are soooooo cute,All those Mamas and babies. Mine looks close , but has a beard. Cluck cluck,

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

yes, we must have chocolate.  even if it means us.

I too get sick of the "my grandma died of c"  "my coworker got lung metz from bc and died last mo"  "my neighbor just died of cancer"  

I hope I never said that to anyone who told me they were dealing with cancer.  

What is the best comment for those insidious lame thoughts that come out of these people?

• Alyson

Thought I had posted a picture!!!!!Don't know what happened

• Alyson
  • veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
  • veggy
  • chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
  • SimplyAudrey
    SimplyAudrey Member Posts: 92

I have a friend....no kidding....that must have a Karma connection with me.  EVERY time I get "news"....he and his wife go to Toojays (folks in Florida may know the franchise) and he brings me one of these - usually the one in the middle.  Chocolate layer cake with chocolate mousse.  The last one I refused to share, brought home, gave my husband a sliver, and consumed the rest over a weekend:

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

DianeEssa - Well maybe a good response is "Well I'm not dead yet because I am getting better treatment than was available to your Gma, aunt...."

• SimplyAudrey
    asparagus
  • SimplyAudrey

Not quite sure if the radishes play in anywhere.....

• SimplyAudrey

And...in honor of my DH:

• veggy
  • veggy
  • veggy
  • sas-schatzi

Veggy Oh so love the pics , but the one with the Exercise and Chocolate is my favorite.

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Veggie

Love that exercise :)

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

I loooove the sense of humor you guys have!!! LOL!!! Oh, and I love chocolate. Just sayin'....;)

Diane....I got so pissed about the insensitive comments and stories that I went to my FB and wrote my heart out. I thought it would probably offend people but they were actually grateful and didn't realize what they were actually saying. So, a Good response my look like:

1. Oh....he/she is dead? Huh. Thanks for the reminder as I didn't think about death for almost 45 seconds....

2. So, if you were me, how do you think you would feel about that?

3. I'd rather hear about their legacy....or would you rather just talk about shit That frightens me everyday?

4. Stop. That's rude and hurts my feelings. I'd like you to take some time and think about it.

5. Gee, I hope NO ONE remembers my end but rather my LIFE!!! And, walk away....

6. Have you ever wondered how often a C patient is assaulted by stupidity?

7. Smack em clean across the face....then claim it was a possession from their loved one because they are being a moron.

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Thefuzzylemon-

I love the last one the best !!

• thefuzzylemon

LOL!! Yeah...its my personal favorite too; )

• Bluebird-DE

Being I am half skunk, seems I should know how to stomp and spray these stupid comment people, just isn't in me yet.  But I like the one where you say I would rather talk about them.... and gee, hadn't thought about death for 45 second there, thanks.

eta -  just posted these and then realized they were chocolate papers for smoking asparagus instead of a candy bar. LOL, leaving it.....

• SimplyAudrey

I believe I DO belong here. After much thought (and 15 minutes to kill between conference calls) I fashioned my very first tin foil hat at work and proudly donned it. My boss walked up to me with a strange look.......I was straight faced....and I simply told him not to ask since I didn't have time to explain. He received a text about that time....looked at his phone and said "I never get full reception in here....must be your hat." and walked into his office.

• Bluebird-DE

ETA --- Never mind - I got it, the delete button was way off on left bcz image was stretching page. Always scale my images to sizee but this time it did not take or messed up the link location. 

That was such a good looking chocolate thing too and then I reazlied it was chocolate rolling papers for asparagus.  Am goingto try to find it in a smaller size and repost.

Since I am half skunk, I should be able to stomp and spray these people with stupid comments, but just don't seem to have it in me.  But I like the ones where you say Gee, had forgotten about death for 45 second there, thanks... and Would rather talk about her, not her demise.......

You know, the one that got me most was the waitress who said 'my grandma dies of cancer' and that was in front of my 6-yr-old granddaughter.  I talked it out w my dear little one, told her I am taking all this good stuff to help me and I felt just fine. But people are really stupid.  

The image I posted I scaled down to size but it still seems it was too big and screwed up the posts.  I tried to edit several times and tried to delete  3 times and it will not even let me delete.  Sorry.  Still trying to fix.  Mods, can you delete it, it's a skunk chocolate candy bar.

• Bluebird-DE

Here's a little image that is not on an obnoxious page - for smoking asparagus without the dipped in chocolate calories.  hmmmm imagine that.  I thought the first one I grabbed was a huge chocolate bar with a skunk logo. LOL

• thefuzzylemon

Diane...I remember that story. That waitress Could use any and all of those responses. Seems like it may have been too easy for her to say....BLECH!

The smarta$$ in me Would like to say a whole lot more with more colorful language. ..

• sas-schatzi

May be it's not my mouse. I thought I wore it out with novena Pm's,reposting , bolding. Now it has a mind of it's own doing all kinds of strange stuff, but Essa if you are having similar problems may be it's the server.

S-Aud ROTFALMAO about your tin hat. We went through a period of tin hat pics--primarily by veggy and alyson and others--you must have a great boss? Wouldn't life be so much easier if all bosses were that cool--did I say cool--ohh showing my age. What is today's word for cool? Course I come really from the time preceding cool , when Bad was the word. But cool came in in the 50's--Think WEST SIDE STORY, Then replaced by bad, then cool came back

OKAY VEGGY that's your cue!

• veggy
  • veggy

• veggy