OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Veggy you are so precious. You are keeping your sense of humor despite all of the sh*t you have to deal with. You are an amazing woman.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Veggy where di you get that one from???

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Internet. They can't put anything on the inernet that isn't true. I love that commerical.

Today is going to be a rough day. A friend of mine who I considered to be more of an uncle than a friend had a stoke. I just found out last night that he is ICU and on a ventulator. He's not doing good at all. I'm going down to the hospital to see him and sit with his wife who I adore. If its not one thing - its another.

I have to eat some breakfast and get ready to go.

Hugs!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Carrots and Peppers and Onions.... oh my!  That's you Veggy, Ha!   I didn't know what you were doing with treatments! 

Chicken's, eh?  Well my OTHER neighbor just got 6 baby chicks....  Seems the stores in Colorado no longer carry eggs or something.... So she is building a chicken-coop for these little gals.    I mentioned she might have to add a heater, unless they want flash-frozen chickens.

So if I see goats over there, or hear moo-ing, I might have to say something.  Our OTHER neighbors have hens also!  Those girls make such a RACKET every morning!  And they get to run around in the front yard when the "Mother Hen"  is home!  

You would THINK we live in Wiggins or somewhere!  We live in the middle of the CITY!  But maybe they ARE cute!  For all the money they are putting into this custom made coop, they could have bought a LOT of eggs.... maybe in the next State or somewhere? 

And so it would be ME that gets to feed them, AND Edith, their white cat, when they do all their traveling this Summer!  Maybe I'll just throw Edith over the chicken-coop, and I won't have to feed anybody.  Wink

Just KIDDING! 

Hope you are feeling better Veggy.... ((((hugs))))....

• Chevyboy

CITY GIRLS!

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62

My ex husbands sister ( who is a nun) sent an email yesterday that I should eat greens, onions, mushrooms, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries to prevent cancer. I replied I always ate lots of those foods, it did not prevent cancer and I am stage IV.

But this is the same person who says drink lemon juice in warm water every morning to prevent cancer, and has said drink lots of orange juice to help prevent mental illness. 

It amazes me how well educated people can be sooo stupid.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Did you tell her that she might want to consider increasing her intake of orange juice???

• veggy

Don't forget the wheat grass with the carrots, onions, peppers, greens, mushrooms, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries and lemon juice. My friend would throw all that into her juicer and drink it along with some beets, kale, parsely and collards. It made something that resembled pond scum. It smelled bad too. Maybe instead of eating it we were supposed to rub it on our breasts?!

I have had my share of orange juice and I am still mentally off (and proud of it too). I think being "off" helps me get through this crap.

• Chevyboy

Well Cheryl..... yes, she might want to double-up on that orange juice.  Ask her why she just doesn't eat the whole orange... might work better.

• veggy

I saw this and loved it. I am so bald.

• cheryl1946

Believe me, it is hard not to tell her off. She and my ex both think I will be fine. 

Mostly I ignore her, but answer emails so she won't call to ask if I'm okay. I guess she means well but I wish she would STFU.

• Alyson

Morning all

It seems that we either have to eat everything because its good for us or we can't eat a thing cause its bad for us. My latest is from a cousin who thinks that I should take apple cider vinegar and honey everyday, evidently it cures everything. Didn't help my Dad who had severe RA and died from cancer!!!

• Chevyboy

Veggy..... do you have any cute little wigs?  Or is worth the trouble?  I'm sorry.... I didn't want to lose my hair either..... I don't think anyone does.  I didn't have to do chemo, but the Tamoxifen not only thinned my hair but made me go deaf..... I mean like overnight!    BUT hearing aids help me hear....again. 

Do you want me to crochet you a little hat?  They are kind of hot... Do you have any?  You live in Pennsylvania, so let me know if  you want one.

I don't have patterns.... I just muck along doing the chain-stich on everything.... Ha! 

Alyson.... I just ate Asparagus last night.... giggling the whole time.... Ha!  I'm SURE I am now cured.... of EVERYthing!

• shellshine

Ok you guys, you can make fun of the juicers, but I just love love love my Nutri-Bullet. I make a fruit mixture or vegetable drink every day, sometimes mix them up a little. OK, one leaf of home grown Kale in the fruit smoothie (berries, banana, frozen mango, pineapple). My ((Veggy)) one is usually a tomato, some greens, some cuke, a shot of hot sauce: tastes like gazpacho. I always put in lots of water so it is refreshing. When I have the blues I think it helps me with a little boost of energy. I have a poor appetite lately (depression) so I feel like I'm doing something good for myself. That said, vodka works, too, but lately I no longer have a taste for it, so it's me and my Nutri-Bullet and you can make fun of me all you want, it's ok with me  ;>

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Shell, sounds like you are getting lots of healthy stuff in your bullet, so no reason for any one to make fun, rather to admire you!

love veggies myself but never got into the blending stuff

• Alyson

This is my cure guy!!!

• lostinmo
    lostinmo Member Posts: 332

He's a cutie!

• cheryl1946

Shellshine

I don't make full of anyone who does the juice thing. I can't eat or drink a lot of fruit/juice because it raises my blood sugar.

But, my former sister in law truly believes that lots of orange juice cures mental illness! If only that were true, I'd be so happy (my son has a mental illness).

• veggy

Sorry. I'm not making fun of anyone. My friend did it all the time and it DID smell bad. I was making fun of the people who think they know how to cure me. Really sorry if I offended anyone.

I do have a real wig. I wore it yesterday. My boys laugh at me. I tried drawing eyebrows on too. They laughed at me. I wore it to the hospital when I went to see my friend in ICU. I got a look at myself in a reflection. I thought I looked 30 years older. I saw my friend's wife and ripped off the wig and put on my pirate dreds bandana. I felt more comfortable. A nurse was there and saw me. She thanked me for the laugh. My friend had a stoke and he's not doing good at all.

Sickness sucks...it's not just cancer.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Alyson, he is definitely a cure guy!!!!  What a cutie.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

shellshine - I do the juice thing, too - well, to be honest, my hubby does it and I drink it.  Sometimes it tastes like pond scum, but I do know that I feel better when I'm doing it.  But....  even though I feel better, I know that it won't cure cancer - and that's the joke that is being made on this thread - what some people tell you to do - so that your cancer will be cured.

I was told to drink only grape juice for a couple months.....  I asked if I could wait until it fermented. Laughing

• shellshine

Dear friends - no one offended me - I was having fun when I wrote that. I think everything you all said was sooo funny, I was trying to be funny, too. Oh well, I am not used to having depression, maybe I think I'm being funny when I'm not.

Anyway, ......just went through a really rough patch and lost my appetite so it helps. The N-B  grinds everything up including the pulp for a smoothie. It did turn out like green glop one day when I put too much broccoli in - I tried to drink it and wound up dumping it. 😝

• Chevyboy

Miss Veggy..... You don't ever offend anyone!  Silly girl!  I have never drank anything green either, but I DO make .... Oh wait!  I DO really like Grasshoppers!  They are green!!!!  Made with green cream de-menthe, and white creme de-cacao, and crushed ice..... and cream.  Does that count???    I think they are good for you too!  So Veggie, maybe that WILL cure you..... Ha!

And no, it's NOT just cancer..... sickness is everywhere, and it just hurts your heart to see someone you care about having a rough time.

So next time, wear those hoop earrings, maybe muck-luks, and a muff....  with your wig.  Doesn't matter what wig....  or better yet, don't even wear one! Or wait.....   Wear one like Nikki Minaje ...(sp?) wears.... Ha, ha! 

• Alyson

Warning from Shellshine - beware of broccoli. I can imagine what it was like my grands used to have broccoli when the started solids and it looked terribel mushed up.

Had a lots of smoothies after I had op for hiatus hernia, some great others terrible. I don't like blended tastes for some reason.

Still looking for the cure guy though that little boy brightens up my life as does his big sister. Will post picture as I soon as I get a new one of her as she has grown so much.

Now back to finding a cure and getting ridof stupid.

• Chevyboy

Okay, my friend sent me this....  I posted it on the older womens thread.... xoxoxo

1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the **** are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind-of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

23. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Ladies.....Quit Laughing.

• Alyson

Couldn't find the cure guy here, just some good looking young life guards LOL.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

can not stop laughing, I am close to an breakdown! too much

• Europa
    Europa Member Posts: 39

That is too funny Chevy.  Thanks for the laughs.  I LOVE #23.

• Alyson

Chevy, at least here they used 'boxes' in cricket early on probably 1800s but didn't use helmets until late 1970s. However our rugby players still do not wear very much protection, maybe some shoulder pads in the front row. Looking at some pictures beginning to wonder if they are the cure guys.

Couldn't show some of the pictures I found!!!! Might cause the old chooks to get all in a flutter especially of some with just rugby balls.

• veggy

Chevy - love number 14.