OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• raehyg
    raehyg Member Posts: 39

These were sooo funny!! Gave me a great laugh!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Thanks all for my laughs! Turns my day around

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I want to see the hen that laid this one!!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Wow beautiful Egg there - 

Just know this is the wrong holiday, but these turkeys are going to be making the hens lay all those eggs.  - The hen in the second picture is trying to stay away from those toms LOL.

turkeys

henturkey

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Just got back from my search for the cure guy in South Fla. Did Not find him, but found some others that you will get a laugh out of when I get my pictures back. One was a guy who was staying in the hotel across from us. We called him the butt guy, he wore a thong and would stand up on their brick wall and pose for everybody. He really wanted everybody to see his butt. The other one was the guy who worked at the everglades park we went to who did the whole alligator wrestling thing, putting his head in the alligators mouth and all that good stuff, not to mention the guys in South beach running around in boas and fishnet tights under their thong bathing suits, it was hard to concentrate on finding the cure guy, but the other guys I found were a hoot-and I kept my husband out of his sandals and socks the whole week!Laughing

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Mary - Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. Today is chemo day. I have all these crazy pictures in my head.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Mary, twice to South beach and never caught any BUNS. phewy.

Veggy in your pocket :))))) Your holdin' up girl, (((hugs))))

When we talk about the back front and the front back, we are serious b/c this is unidimensional. The following is from a book titled "The 776 Stupidest Things Ever Said". It is a quote from the British Admiralty instruction dealing with the storage of warheads and torpedoes as quoted in "Outreageous Quotations".

"It is necessary for technical reasons that these warheads should be stored with the top at the bottom, and the bottom at the top. In order that there may be no doubt as to which is the top and which is the bottom, for storage purposes, it will be seen that the bottom of each head has been labeled with the word TOP".

• veggy

Let's change the words around...

It is necessary for technical reasons that these chickens should be stored with the front/back at the back/front, and the back/front at the back/front. In order that there may be no doubt as to which is the front/back and which is the back/front, for storage purposes, it will be seen that the back/front of each head has been labeled with the word front/back.

Oh dear, how confusing is that?

• gmafoley

Veggy - WHAT??? I am so confused now, I'm dizzy. LOL

• sas-schatzi

Veggy good one.... I did understand it, in a logically illogical way, or therabouts. But perhaps a couple of the back/fronts need to for revision and correctness of the aforementioned subject be changed to the front/ back or, as you so cogently presented, it could be back front. We need to form a committee to study this.Was it Marywh that wanted a position?

Marywh will you accept the position of head of the "Committee to Re-ellect the President" Oops That was somebody in Watergate. Wrong commmittee, sorry, 3 second memory.  Would you lead the back/front front/ back committee? If you could suggest a proper name for yourself, that would be helpful, Ombudsman Sheila

• Alyson

New song found. I am sure we change some of the words to apply to our hen house.

Not sure where choir practice will be probably at the front back and at the top of the stairs. Musical instruments needed. Who can play what?

Well, I had a little chicken,
    And she wouldn't lay an egg,
    So I rubbed hot water all around her leg.
    And the little chicken hollered and the little chicken begged,
    And the gosh darn chicken laid a hard boiled egg!
    So I rubbed hot chocolate all around her leg.
    And the gosh darn chicken laid an Easter egg!

So I rubbed some butter up and down her leg,
    And the gosh darn chicken laid a nice fried egg!
    So I rubbed some vinegar up and down her leg,
    And the gosh darn chicken laid a pickled egg!

Choir chook Alyson

Bagwaak, cluck cluck cluck.

Have a look at this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqx2fwDGrM and watch the hen in the back row!!!

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431

That front/back business.....is that why it's so difficult to tell which is/was the head and which is/was the butt end of a chicken when it's going into the oven?

OMG...these are my sisters ...bgaaaawak

Watch where you put your fronts and backs....are you coming or going??

• marywh

I would be honored to assume that roll, if someone would tell me exactly what my duties are, Iwould so appreciate it, and it will help me choose a name for myself. Will check in again later.

• sas-schatzi

Marywh, Thank you for wanting to take responsibility. As to job description, we tend to follow the leader of each defined section or group within our group. Ergo, what the chairhen proposes is what we do. Now we do take guidelines from other organizations. Today I found a request by the Under Ambassodor of the USA to the United Nations.

March 5th 2013: The United States called for drunk diplomats to be barred from United Nations' budget negotiations. The United States called for drunk diplomats to be barred from United Nations' budget negotiations. Some envoys have turned up for talks "falling down drunk," said one diplomat, speaking on condition of anonymity. Tthis became an issue when the secretary recorder had to be helped off the floor.

"We make the modest proposal that the negotiating rooms should in future be an inebriation-free zone," Joseph Torsella, Deputy US Ambassador for Management and Reform, told the UN General Assembly's budget committee.

The United States is not calling for a ban on alcohol just on drunks, US officials said. (end of citation)

But we are a group that uses our asparagus and mushrooms responsibily and to great excess with encouragement by all as much as possible, so, I think this is a suggested rule that we can bypass.

I think your major role would be to decide when we should meet in the front back versus the back front, so, as to reduce confusion.

Hows about a title of "Coordinator of BF/FB"? A quorum of one would be all that's needed to pass or fail a proposal. This avoids the problem of hens having to show up for meetings.

Marywh certainly any name you choose is clucking good with us all, as we must be comfortable with our feathered rolls erhhh roles.

BRAWKKKKKKKk Ombudshen sheila(changed my title to be more representative of our coalition)

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

thanks Chevy can always depend on you!!

• veggy

We use our "medicinal" asparagus and mushrooms responsibly. Right now I think I had a little too much or mixed them together before BAWKKKKKKk smoking them.

here's a picture of the hen house. I don't remember if I took a picture of the front/back or the back/front.

Sas - Who is in charge of security?

• veggy

We should have signs on our cars...

• veggy

I think we got our first terroristic threat..

• veggy

There may be some spies among us...

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

photo ScreenShot2013-03-26at25100PM_zps7f6ab242.png

• gmafoley

frog

• Alyson

Don't make me laugh or I will cough and wheeze. Not enough to smoke, need a really big puff I think. Maybe I need another of these Hot Cross buns.

• marywh

Oh coordinator is a fine name. and I promise to not ever get falling down drunk during any meetings whether Im there or not. Especially when Im in South Beach where Bloody Marys are 20 $ a pop. I did however bring home some palm branches, thought I might puff on some tonight after everyone else goes to bed. Right now I have my chicken in the oven, front to back of course and everyone will want to know why Im giggling through dinner.

• Alyson

• gmafoley

chicken egg??

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

how cute are those, not the chickens the crocheted one!!

• lostinmo
    lostinmo Member Posts: 332

• sas-schatzi

Veggy et all, yes, yes ,yes  We need a volunteer for security. Our Killer Kitties seem to have disappeared. There will need to be serious recruitment efforts made.

Marywh clucking good!!!!

The news today! "Granny's for Grass". This report is on the use of the old drug Marijuana which of course we have never inhaled. The article states that there is a significant rise in the use of this onerous drug in the over 50 y/o's. Tsk Tsk. Particularly in the 60 y/o group. My oh my what will happen next. This will lead to the downfall of society as we know it. Perhaps we should share our asparagus and mushrooms with them?

http://living.msn.com/life-inspired/the-daily-dose-blog-post?post=a0aec51e-3e0e-4b1b-a4e5-6aefdd4ac960

Puff puff puff, Veggy no danger in mixing the two, just a different enlightment. Oh AAlySon(nice song!) , do pass the Hot Cross buns suddenly hungry. MMMMMMMMMM puffing and passing Ombudshen sassy

• Alyson

To all those who celebrate Easter I hope it brings joy. To others have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Hey dear ones!  Alyson....  Okay, I gotta tell you about the neighborhood CHICKENS......!!!  First of all, what did I miss?  What do Chickens have to do with anything.... If we eat them are we cured?  Or if we DON'T eat them....  ?  I am just so blank!

Now I can't talk about this to anyone else but you guys.....  I have KNOWN my neighbors 3 doors North have 8 Chickens....  Hens....  There IS a difference, I found out quite a few years ago... 

But FIRST....  My neighbors on the South side have 6 CHICKENS....!!!  And today I found out that my neighbor 2 DOORS South have 4 Chickens!

What the hell?  I must live in a rural area?  Not in the city of DENVER???  Am I missing something?   They even have names!!  For God's sake!

But she is going to bring me some fresh eggs to try....  I know this is the beginning... It won't be long before I hear Moo-ing!  Or see Goats in the front yard...  

So Hens can lay eggs without a Rooster.... I GOT that, but I  was so bewildered  by our old land-lady when we first got married... because we lived in their converted garage when our first Daughter was born...   So I asked her Husband Estelle,   "Why don't you just leave the eggs lay there, until they hatch?".... He said "Because we don't have any Roosters."......  Again I said, "But you already HAVE the eggs,  why not just leave them to hatch and you will have more chickens?".....

He said.... "Go ask "Bea"..... So I flounced in the house, and told her the same story!  Then she said  "Because you have to have Roosters to fertilize the eggs for there to be chickens."  STILL in a quandary I could not en-vision chickens "doing it."  I KNOW about Angel fish, and how the eggs are fertilized after the female lays them on the leaf....  So I figured that's what happened IF a Rooster was around.

And THEN.... okay, now get this....  We came home one afternoon, to this neighbor dog, screaming and crying and being drug around the yard by this OTHER dog!  I was just scared to death!  I called the neighbors, they weren't home.... I called the Fire Department for help....  THEY firmly said to go back in the house and leave them alone, because they were mating!!!  Of all THINGS!!!  I was so scared for their dog!  

We met when we were 18.... and having never lived on a farm, and only going on one hay-rack ride, we knew NOTHING about "stuff." 

Sooooooooooo   I don't know if anyone has found the cure for stupid, because I have it all....  Or HAD it!  Wink