OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

• Chevyboy

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Too funny! There place that I grew up, there was chickens running around. Sometimes we would find rotten eggs. Oh! The stench!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

When dh and I first got married, we went to the dog pound to get a dog. After we picked our dog out,and we were leaving, there was a guy out front giving away free hens. Dh thought it would be a good idea to get one. I asked him where we were going to keep it? he says,(like he really knows what hes talking about), oh, we'll put her in the yard, she wont go anywhere. So off we go with the new dog and the hen in a box.We get home get the new dog settled and take the hen out of the box and put her in the yard. She pecks around the yard for a few minutes then disappears into the woods. Thats the last time we ever saw the hen, and the last time we ever had a chicken.Laughing

• Chevyboy

HE knew about as much about chickens as I did..... Ha, ha! 

• veggy

Fooling around with my iPad. This is me now...

• Chevyboy

Okay, this is me.... a couple years ago.... Wink

• marywh

Ive often thought of using a 25 year old picture of me in my bikini,( I must admit I was smokin...) as my avatar. Do you think anyone would beleive me? Nah, Ill just stick with my gs as my avatar and puff and dream about what used to be.....squak!!!!!

• Chevyboy

You guys, I was just KIDDING!  That would never be me in that picture....  Ha, ha!  And I never even OWNED a bikini!  I don't think they were invented when I was a "girl".... I only remember a yellow little one piece suit, with a matching bathing cap, and I was built like a stick.  I didn't even develop  until I was in high school.... I COULD have worn swim-trunks like my Brother, and no-one would have noticed!  Wink

• Chevyboy

And we had to wear these "gym suits" and couldn't even roll the legs up, Ha, ha!

• marywh

Those were alot better than the ones we had to wear, ours were bright blue and hit right in the middle of our knees. We wernt allowed to roll them up either. and veggy I personally like the hat.

• veggy

That's my favorite hat.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

OMG, I remember those uniforms.  We used them for gym class and the girls basketball team wore them in a different color.  Our school uniform skirts had to be long enough that the hem touched the floor.  Periodically, we had to knee on the floor for skirt checks.  My how times have changed!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning all.

chickens, somehow we became chickens about page 42. We were being really silly  and were told we were silly hens ands so it stuck. Then we had the guard chickens. None of it really means much just to make us laugh.

Now I have just eaten a chocolate bunny.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

I wore a uniform in high school, but could stop traffic DEAD in a bikini....even into my mid thirties. Oh, if I only knew how gorgeous I was back then!! Now is a different kind of beauty.

• Alyson

Lost my post all about uniforms. Like the UK our schools generally have uniforms right from 5 year olds. This was like my iniform but our girdle was dark green. Earlier I had worn a navy one. In summer we had pinafore which we wore over white blouses.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I never had an actual bikini.  My drop dead swim suit was technically a one piece.  It was black of course since I was a natural platinum blond.  The bra and panty parts were just the tiniest bit more coverage than a bikini and they were connected by an elastic mesh.  And I was 5' 10", 38, 24, 38. 

• shellshine

Wouldn't it be fun to post pictures of ourselves back in the day, like Cami just did?

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

back to chickens - when I was a kid (and I grew up in a city) one year we raised chickens.  I'd go down (they started out in our basement in an incubator that my grandma - who lived with us - made) and watch them cuz they were so cute.  Then they lost the little yellow fuzz and grew white feathers, were moved outside and were rather boring, so I didn't go look at them as often.  One day, though I went to see them and they were all gone.  I ran to ask my Grandma where they were.  She said, "We've been eating them all week."

• Alyson

have some great!!!! pictures on the main computer so will have a look tomorrow for some. Thought this was good

• Chevyboy

Oh Gumby!  EEeeks!   Yes, I remember my Grandpa, and that chopping block, and him laughing his butt off when he let that headless chicken run around the yard.  I would scream and cry and I'll never forget that!  They ALL laughed!  Damn barbarians!   It probably scarred me for life...Wink

Actually maybe that is why I love all animals so much...!  I wouldn't ever let anyone hurt one...  and I even carry spiders outdoors if I find one in the house!  (Even if it IS snowing) 

You guys, my neighbor brought over 6 fresh eggs!  I mean FRESH eggs, right from "Joyce" and the others!   I don't think my DH will have one... He might think fresh eggs are for Hippies or something... or might "hurt" him.... Ha, ha!  Oh well...  he's funny that way, and more for me!

So don't be jealous!  I know you are!   If you were HERE, I might let you have one though...

Those uniforms!  Alyson!  If there was any chance of you finding the cure guy wearing that, you just BLEW it....  We WERE all so prim and proper in those days! 

Chabba, you sound like you were "hot"  back then, Ha!  I am STILL 5'1" or less now, never built like that.... The rest of us girls would have been jealous, and whispered about you... (Wink

Wait, I'll look in my roto-graviuer and find one of you....  Oh, I found it...

You must have been in Hawaii?

Yes Shellshine!  You ARE beautiful...  our beautifulness turned into gorgeousness....  !

Well okay gals...  Have a wonderful Easter!  xoxoxoxo

• shellshine

Chevy, honestly, you are just toooooooo funny! OMG how you make me laugh. I didn't wear that much makeup or jewelry, but I did have long blond hair and a cute bod!!!!

• Chevyboy

Oh!  So I just found this picture of you, laying on the top of the bar at the tavern down on the corner....Wink

Now go behave!

• shellshine

ummmm....I had more of a hippy vibe, not a platinum tart vibe!

• Chevyboy

• marywh

Happy Easter one and all. Have a new story for you guys. We all have such warped sense of humors, I hope you'll get a laugh. Its my favorite Easter story. Years ago, when my kids were still really little,one Easter Sunday my youngest ds had volunteered to sing the national anthem at a regional baseball game. So off we all went to this game. For singing they gave him a miniture baseball bat as a souveneir (sp?). Well it was dark when we got home, we live in the country and when I say dark, I mean really dark. So anyway, we pull into the driveway and into the parking space which is down by the woods. All we see are these 2 beady little black eyes staring out at us through the trees. Cant see anything but these eyes. We're thinking ok its a possum or raccoon we have them both around here and they can be really mean. So we sit there for a few minutes, and dh says ok Rob give me your bat and Ill watch this thing while you get in the house. So off we go running into the house.dh comes in a few minutes later, looking really sheepish. I said did you get it? he doesnt say anything for a minute, and I can tell hes really embarrased. I say whats wrong? He holds up the bat and says, Well, I just beat the hell out of Rachels (dd) Raggedy Anne doll.

• veggy

LOL!

• Chevyboy

Smile Oh Wow!  Too funny! 

• Alyson

Now how about this about 1970/71 My DDs wish I had kept the glasses!!!!

• shellshine

Hey Chevy - good one! You nailed it except for the forehead band !!!!!