OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I sure need a smile. One of our friends has gone in tragic circumstances and I am shattered. She used to be on BCO.

And I don't have the energy to go for coffee.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Hi marywh and others who provide great laughs:

I keep checking this thread because I'm going thru some stuff right now (bc and other stuff - mainly family issues) and this provides me with a giggle, a belly laugh, or has me ROTFL. I tell my family I wasn't born with the funny gene and love the laughs I find here. Gives me freedom from pain (physical, mental, and emotional). Would post if I could think of something amusing enough to share. So, marywh, your quote above, for me it feels like: "This is the 1 place I can come and be as stupid as I want and *you all love me anyway*."

Didn't get the crap going on with Gma Foley, but if you're reading this, come back soon, you're a hoot and a half.

Now, dam, wish I could end with a funny, but this will have to do

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

This is for you Alyson...

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Awwww thanks. Now if dh knew most of the stories lately had been about him, he would not be a happy camper.

• marywh

Meant to add, Im sorry about your friend, Alyson. So many losses lately.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Alyson I am also sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

GMA I hope you still read here and know we miss you.

• Alyson

Thanks all and veggy I am a bit like that kitty. I finally got out of bed and made coffee -it is lunch time here. Then I amanged to spill it over a white lace cloth!!!!

So upset about my friend and wonder how it could happen. She died in a police shoot out, suicide by police!!!!. We think she got even worse news about her dx we knew the cancer had spread.

Feel like chicken Licken today. The sky is falling in.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Oh Alyson...I just posted on the 2010thread...I hope others who knew her will post there.we are so shocked.

• veggy

I just read the article. Its so sad. Cancer sucks!

• marywh

Where was the article?

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Oh Alyson, your friend must have been under great emotional distress.  I am so sorry.  She is in my prayers.  Please remain strong during this difficult time.  You are in my prayers as well.  ((((HUGS))))

• veggy

Marywh... the link for the article is on the 2010 Sisters thread. Its on the last page. 

• veggy

I think we can all use one of these...

• Alyson

• marywh

Thanks Veggy, I only live about an hour away but hadnt heard anything about it. So, So sad...... 

• raehyg
    raehyg Member Posts: 39

feel better Alyson

• marywh

Well, I know spring is officially here in NC. All you smell is turkey poop fertalizer (sp), chicken houses being cleaned out, and all our cars are covered with pollen, not to mention getting stuck behind farmer Brown on his tractor 5 times a day. Happy Spring, everybody!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

happy spring to you, but your weather sounds good to me!

me, in Jersey and just read where the Party boats from Belmar are up and running this weekend!

you have not lived till you have been on a Jersey Party boat!  Sandy is not going to win!

• marywh

Do you think a water taxi from South Beach to Ft. Lauderdale with a bunch of old ladies out shopping comes close? Just kiddingWink, I bet they are fun.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

It went down to 64 degrees last night....freezing my petunias off....  our 2 cats and doggie all were in bed with us trying to stay warm!

• Alyson

just something for those of you  going into spring.

• Alyson

• marywh

I look kind of like the short chubby one in the middle.....

• proudtospin

Mary...the party boats off Jersey shore are filled with.....fishing guys and these days, some are fishing for their food! I went once with a pal and came home with 4 30" bluefish! 

not like a shopping deal but...fun and funkie!

• gardengumby

shellshine - I'd be really glad if we got UP to 64 degrees today!!  You're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy for freezing at 64!!  (But I do understand, my son lives in Waialua and he's been saying that it's been chilly (for you)).  Laughing

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Gardengumby -- My brother used to be a community police officer, or "peace officer" in Tacoma, SIL was a teacher. They have both moved back to Hawaii many years now.  My good friends are actors there teaching in the local college and doing plays in the local theatres. My son is in college near Portland. He LOVES the cold after years of living in our hot sticky weather, which I will enjoy  SO MUCH more after my upcoming exchange surgery and going braless...haven't done that since I was 19!

• gardengumby

We go to Hawaii every year and have thought about moving there, but I don't think that's going to happen.  Sometimes that makes me sad, as I really love it there.  I moved there once when I was twenty, and didn't last AT ALL - I got rock fever within mere weeks.  I'm much older now and much more patient - but it's still a pretty small dot in the middle of the Pacific.  I think I'll probably just have to love vacationing there...

You are doing implants?

• veggy

• proudtospin

oh dear, could use some duct tape for crazies today, can I get the fancy colored kind?  not pink~~

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

No.... you have to use pink, or it won't work.