OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Veggy... Feels good not being alone.

It's cool, really. First time mx, no recon because wanted to be well quickly with little daughter. This time, decided on recon with 2nd mx (she's 19 and out of the house).

Ok, someone, bring on the laughs or I'll need to get me some pink duct tape!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Ok cluckers heres another one for you, I cant tell anybody else because Ill hurt feelings. So, future dil informs me yesterday, that she wants us all in cowboy boots for the wedding. I dont think so. Not only cowboy boots, but western style outfits. I love this girl, but her taste in wedding acc. isFrown. Not only that but she is actually using roosters in her center peices. Now this is not a cheap wedding, the venue is costing them 4000$. Im so scared shes going to want to help me pick out my outfit. Cant you just picture a short, chubby bald-headed woman in cowboy boots? I dont think so.....

• 2nd_time_around

Late April's Fools joke? Wow, can't picture this! Where's the wedding?

• marywh

No, no, no, this is no joke. The wedding is at a farm thats a big wedding venue. guys are in plaid shirts and jeans, girls dresses are pretty, but shes topping them off with blue jean jackets and cowboy boots. She herself is actually wearing brown cowboy boots with her wedding dress. And to top it all off she is actually having s'mores along with her wedding cake. Im really not kidding.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

I've been lurking a here and love your thread.

Mary - I'd design something really special with pink tin foil and plastic wrap.  Maybe a nice rooster in your hat.  Yes, a pink rooster.   Perphaps your could offer FDIL to make party favors using asparagus and straw dyed in your favorite color.  Just a suggestion, you know.

(My daughter had a very pastel wedding theme,  MIL showed up in bright orange!)

• marywh

Well, I was actually thinking of asking her wouldnt they rather just have the wedding in our barn. we could have dh deliver her by tractor + hay trailer, buy some moonshine from out of the hills and set up bales of hay for people to sit on. Then for an encore we could all sit around and sing old girl scouts songs while we're eating s'mores.

• marywh

P.S Weocme to the madness Jan and 2nd time....

• krenee
    krenee Member Posts: 1

Not sure if I'm posting on here right. New on here. Anyway nice yo meet all of u. My name is Karen.

• 2nd_time_around

Welcome, Karen! You're doing for the first time! I'm fairly new too and everyone has been so welcoming. Haven't laughed so much in a long time. Welcome to the madness!

Thanks Mary!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Oh Damn!  I clicked something, and lost you all!  So I was saying.....

2nd time.... So what someone means when they say you have the "good" kind, like all the rest of us here, just means you haven't kicked the bucket.  I have heard that before, like my surgeon said, "Well since you had to have it, this is the best kind you could have."....  Which means something like you dodged the bullet this time.... Ha, ha!   It's about as much fun as falling out of a jet.

And yes, Welcome Karen!  We talk about cancer sometimes, but usually about everything under the sun.... But we help those around here that are in a pickle also.

Mary!  Good Lord!  A WESTERN motiff?  Just wear your old jeans.... (I don't even have any)  What?  You say we are not all invited?   Yes, bring the bales of hay.  And some Jack Daniels.... That's good for red-neck weddings I think.    Bring your boom-box also.  BOOTS?  Go to Good-will, because you will never wear those damn things again.... not in this life.  I had some once.... and gave them to Good-Will.     And get a straw-hat, and smoke something.... like a corn-cob pipe.... Ha, ha! 

Wait!!!!!!!!!  You have a BARN????  Is that similar to a g-a-r-a-g-e??????   What lives in there? 

Jan, yes!  Maybe a pink rooster lives in there!  You know there are chickens in my neighborhood!  We went through this once a few pages ago, but honest to God, there are numerous HENS!!!  They lay eggs, except the 6 newer ones, that are just like "teen-agers" right now.   So there are 8 plus 4 plus the 6 on the other side of us!    I have actually been given 6 eggs!  And honestly they were really good..... I must be nice to all the little farm neighbor girls.  (that raise chickens)....  I have a GARDEN, and grow vegetables, but that is as close as I get to having a farm.

Okay....  have a fun rest of this Sunday.... I'm 1/2 way watching Nascar!  Wink  Then I'll go out and toil in the sun, and bale the hay.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I'm sorry! I couldn't resist.

• veggy

How about a denim skirt with pink cowboy boots to wear to the wedding?

I found these...

Please don't get mad at me and want to slap me like Grannydukes.

• marywh

Oh never thought about slapping you. Those pink boots are delightful. No i have a real barn, it used to hold horses but I had to give them up. Now all it holds is dh workshop and farm tools he doesnt use. l love the chicken wedding. And you all know from awhile back my aversion to roosters, I hate those things, and I hate pretend cowboys. Ah well, will just have to suffer through it, I geuss..

• Chevyboy

Yep, I hate those damn geese.  This lady that used to baby-sit my Brother and I had geese in her yard....  And the out-house was beyond the geese!  I had to run like crazy to beat the geese, before they went after me!  They were NOT friendly!  I like chickens though, and okay, I will like you telling us about the chicken wedding.... What is it? 

Mary, you better brush up on your square-dancin'!   And are you going on a hay-rack ride? 

Veggy, Granny is out for pay-back time.... Ha!  Don't be scared.... what did you do?  All we did is tease her a little....  But I'm not going to ruffle any more feathers.... Ha, ha!

• veggy

Chevy - I am trying to be good. It's soooooo hard. I know she will slap me. All of my friends slap me. I get myself into trouble. That's why it's soooo hard for me to behave.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Found these for the top of the wedding cake.

We had DS's weddding in less than three weeks!

• Alyson

PS Welcome to the madness of the hen house. 

Pass the asparagus please, Veggy are you hiding it cause I need a puff.

• marywh

Please dont post those wedding cake toppers anywhere else she might really want to use them. Have to sign out for a while future dil is on her way over to use the computer, will check in again with more wedding details laterxoxox-Oh by the way Chevy you should really come to Charlotte if you like Nascar youngest ds works at the race track and gets tickets for next to nothing. I dont like Nascar but I like the funny car races.

• Chevyboy

Don't let your friends slap you!  I will come and shake some sense into them....  Wink Brats!   I only mis-behave on here....  On BC.ORG.... Ha, ha!  And sometimes whenever I feel like it. 

Alyson, SOMEone, namely Princess probably has the Asparagus...  I honestly don't think your can smoke it.... Unless you dry it out, and sprinkle paprika on it...  that's what Princess does.... she told me so.

• Alyson

Maybe its the mushrooms I need as well. Must go and get into the shower. Have chest xray this morning.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

And u don't wanna stop Chevy!!!

And the freekin pink cowboy boots.

And yes I'm gonna slap veggies face...and if I could get thes little hands around that neck of yours Chevy I guess I would have to hugggg you.bitch.

Yeah pass the peace pipe.

Kantalope

• Chevyboy

I love you little K!  So fun "talking" to you.... 

• veggy

They pink cowboy boots weren't for you GrannyDukes. You'll have to find me to slap me whenever you do come in.

I don't have the asparagus or mushrooms. I could use something to put a smile on my face.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Three WONDERFUL things happened to me today:

1) I finished my taxes

2) I'm not on Granny's S list

3) I got an A on my exam!!!!!

:toast:

Also posting this on STFU and Bonfire........YAHOOOOOO!!

• veggy

Shellshine - Congratulations! This is for you!!!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Yay for you shells...maybe you can teach the others a little respect for this princess who is gonna go absolutely insane....ok?

Veggy....i know how to find you.

So now everyone knows what to do with the pink cowboy boots right?Comeon now...soooo many other colors to chose from.Cant ya give me a break.

• veggy

• marywh

No more wedding plans for me tonight, but I personally think the pink boots are stunning. As dh says, Oh I need 2 pair ,one pair to poop on , the other pair-well, you get my drift. So anyway today was gs birthday. He is 3, and my best buddy. Spent the afternoon playing spiderman. I had to be the bad guy, the whole time. Never got to be the super-hero. I personally think I would make a great spiderman, but it was not to be. Chevy, I meant to tell you, I lived in Boulder many years ago, I was a nanny for 2 summers when I was in my early 20s. I still have cousins in Boulder. One of them ran for state senate or congress last year, I dont know which. I love Boulder. Got to Denver a few times, there was an amusement park there I took the kids to, cant remember the name of it, and went to some concerts at Red Rocks which was always a blast. Oh those were the days.....Please pass the asp. and mushrooms, puff-puff....

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Veggie - you are caracking me up!. Had to take a nap after staying up late studying for that on line test for school.  Just woke up and I see all of you guys spinnning around like whirling dervishes.

Welcome Karen (((*))) and secondtime (((*)))

Chevy, what are you ON, girl? Is it prescription or non-prescription?

Granny, hope are getting better each day. Please tell us the colors you like best so we can get you cool stuff to cheer you up.

• veggy