OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

How about pink tinfoil!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

And my new hand-bag.

You know gals, I actually made a wallet out of foil, then folded cardboard over it, then wrapped it all in duck tape. 

I saw that online, on "how to keep credit-card thieves from "stealing" your number.  So I made my own "Aluminum Wallet".... Ha! 

Only I made mine with cool zebra-stripe tape...Wink

You know what they say....  I mean I think Princess Granny is asleep somewhere...  But isn't it...  "While the cats away, the mouse are....  Wait.

While the cats away, the meeces....  While the mice are eating, the cat will  call the cows, and they'll all come home.  or something like that.

• Chevyboy

Who would have thunk? 

Or who in their right mind would actually CARRY one of these.  I made a "wallet," but no one would see it... Ha! 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Chevy, I make my wallets out of fabric, but I'm thinking to add foil while making it. Do you think 1 layer of foil would be enough?

I have seen purses and wallets similar to your photo in stores here, so someone must buy and use them. Definitely not me however.

• Chevyboy

Wren, I just found a heavy piece of foil, like those little drink pouches that kids drinks come in...  And you could just use Duck Tape, or some little cute fabric over that.  I took that piece of heavy foil off of the top of a big coffee can.... folded it, and covered it with cute Duck Tape.  It's a lot thinner, than using card-board as a base.

The "card-readers" can't access your credit/debit card numbers through foil.  You can BUY the aluminum wallets, but they are sort of big, and expensive....  compared to the ones you can make for nothing....Wink

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Oh my you guys are so talented and have been so busy!!!Nothing slack about this hen-house!!!!!

• marywh

Speaking of farting dogs ,even though I know you wernt, heres another dh story that just happened last night. Now if any thing should happen to me somebody has to go in and delete these stories, ok? Last night after a particularly potent can of pinto beans, we went off to bed. Awhile later, you geussed it, fart city from dh. These are really bad. woke me up out of a sound sleep. So I get up and go to the couch. a few minutes later dh starts yelling, Mary, get the dog out of the bedroom, shes farting all over the place. I said the dog is in her crate and shes not the one thats farting. He says well shes been up on the bed then, it stinks in here. I say no, thats not the dog its you! He still believes it was the dog and not him. Any advice from you cluckers would be appreciated.

• Chevyboy

Well you can always throw out the DH!  Wink

Men are the ones who fart.... women just "fluff".....

• Chevyboy

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Whats with the figgin pink shit...its not foctober yet......

Veggy----wait till i get you.....and you know i will......and soon......prepare now!!!!

Chevy--thanks for that fuggly bag and wallet....more pink shit!!!!!

• Alyson

Morning all.

Who has the asparagus?  I need a puff, maybe that will cure my chest. So please pass it along, puff puff.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Granny, since you're going to get even with Veggy and Chevy ANYWAY, what's one more person on the list?

photo ScreenShot2013-04-06at110358AM_zpsf5a048cd.png

• FireKracker

actually my bite is worst then my bark!!!!!!!

• Alyson

Thought I did well as well Granny - pink tinfoil!!!! And I will bring you some of these when I come in September.

You can put then on your tyres sorry tires.

• FireKracker

Alyson...you know what you can do with that pink tinfoil....RIGHT!!!!!!!

• Alyson

Yes of course I do, make it into a hat for you

• marywh

Ah but the hat would go really well with the bathing suit, dont you think? Cant be me, I dont do bathing suits anymore. Who still has a girlish figure that can be our model?

• marywh

I have one for everybody, but since im totally lost when it comes to posting pictures you'll have to do it yourself. Pull up The Arlington Condominiums-Charlotte, NC. Maybe we could all meet there sometime?Smile

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

I LOVE this thread! Haven't laughed so much in a long time! Thank you Sandy for starting this! Used to think of BCO for just info & support, but this is the best kind. And, yes, I read a lot but seldom post because I can't keep up with you all!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Mary, Try Beano. It actually really works. You take it before the first bean. I would have been on the couch also....or even with the dog.

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639

• Chevyboy

Morning gals!  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.... (sing-sing) Wink

And Shell.... I think we have to quit teasing Granny, because I think she isn't well enough to fire back...ha!  And she has another affliction, so we must take that into consideration, and treat her with the utmost respect.  She WILL get everything fixed, but until then, we must treat her gently, and bring her roses and chicken soup, and tell her we love her. Not pink roses, either.

Dreamers!  That is good!  You know, all this talk about the Duct/duck tape.... Well I noticed my little dog has that "sore" on her front leg... and she keeps licking it, and it looks AWful!  Well, I lay her on the bed, and put a little antibiotic ointment on it, covered it with a gauze pad, covered that  with that stretch tape/bandage that sticks to itself?  And put adhesive tape over that.  So I thought, why can't I cover all that with this duck tape that I have?

Well DH sees her pulling the gauze out from under the tape.  So I look it up on the Internet... (Dr. Google was on call)  And sure enough, one person used Duck tape to cover it all up, and she did NOT try and lick through it!  It's still ON her this morning!   It even matches!  I used the zebra stripe black and white tape!  So does this mean I have to make her a matching purse?

I know.... I'll watch her, and take her to the Vet if I have to, but so far, it's working.  I know about the cone thing, but if this works, and if I can keep it on long enough to heal, and change this bandage tomorrow morning.    I read about putting bitter apple spray on it...

My Daughter went through this with her big dog, and HER leg looked awful.... So I wanted to get this taken care of for her. 

Wren, THAT was funny, ha!  I think boys are born with a sense of entitlement..... they think it is so cool to fart.  And girls?  Well girls ARE all ribbons and diamonds and puppy dog tails, and all things nice...Wink Or what-EVER that is.   And we don't think accordingly. 

Hi (what is it?) 2ndTimeAround????? See if I scroll up to check, I won't remember by the time I get back down here.... But that means you have had cancer TWICE???  Just WOW!  Okay, we are here, yes for support, and everything else...We'll fix you right up...  And hope we make you smile and just forget about "stuff" for awhile.   Ha!

So Mary, does that mean you want us to buy an Arlington Condo, and then party there?  I looked them up.... they are REALLY nice!  I don't go to far away from home....  I've only been to Orlando, Wyoming, which is not THAT far, California, and Mexico.....  But I LOVE the water... not much here or in Wyoming, but beaches are just beautiful, and peaceful..... YOU gals go party...  Bring me back some shells.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Hey Chevygirl - I stopped teasing her FIRST. Did you see my nice post yesterday. Actually it's still Saturday night for me - I just finished studying for my on-line exam tmorrow. It's 1:30 am - time for beddie bye.

• Chevyboy

No WONder you are always up when I am GETTING up, Ha!  Thinking of you for your test!  Good luck on that one.  Okay, it's a deal....  We won't tease her unless she asks for it....Wink....

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I will try to be good and not tease Grannydukes. It's going to be tough. If you see an exploding smiley and no explanation- it means I got a good one and I'm being good. Being behaved is not one of my better qualities.

this is what you'll see.

• marywh

I just thought the Arlington Condos would be a good place to meet cause they are Pink glass. and they really are truly pink, was just by there yesterday.

• FireKracker

So this is where the nice nice started....shocking!!!!!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Yes, Chevyboy, you saw that right: 2 different cancers. In 1996, DX of triple neg (told the worse kind of bc) and then last just before 16th cancerversary (crap started in Sept) when I was thinking bc was totally done with and behind me, last Aug. annual mammo reveals "something suspicious". Knew it wasn't normal when dr wouldn't leave me a message and stayed late one afternoon to give me the news. This time, was told it's the "good" kind. WTH? GOOD kind and bc in the same sentence? Now I thought that was a joke!! Even BS's receptionist said I was rare, wow, is that like "special"? Don't want that kind of special! (But seriously, so much easier this time)

Oh, but the funniest part, first time I was told VERY poor prognosis, like they actually told me to get my affairs in orders.... Say goodbye....(Not really but my daughter wasn't even 3 yo). Had to call their office after 2nd DX, nurse (also GS's wife) said "oh, I remember YOU" like in, WTH, you're still alive? voice. Literally, thought in my head, "neener, neener, neener, screw you, I'm still here!!" They need cure for stupid!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I'm on my second time with cancer too. First time was 3 years ago. I had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads. It was triple negative. 2 1/2 years. Later felt a burning sensation in the same breast. I had a bmx and found out it was a different cancer but still triple negative. I'm going through chemo right now.

Wishing you the best.

• marywh

Me too, same breast different cancer, but still triple neg. Along with 5 yes folks count em 5 different basil cell carcinomas on my head in 5 years.