OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning Alyson!  Boy I thought I was up early, Ha!  "Sea Horse".... How funny! 

You know, I used to have Sea Horses...Wink  I had lots of aquariums and fish.. But the best WERE the sea horses.  I ordered them by mail, and got them, put them in their own little salt-water tank, and right away one had babies.  The male has the babies, and my Daughter's and I watched as each little one came out of his pouch!  It was amazing!  I had to raise brine shrimp from eggs, and feed them those, but I enjoyed my fish for a lot of years.

Finally I became allergic to the water in the tank!  My arm would break out in welts, after I cleaned their tank.  I raised and sold Angel Fish, and I even had a breeding pair of Beta's.  Now THOSE are a trick to raise.  The mating ritual is ONE thing, but right away you have to know when to move the female over to her own part of the divided tank, or the male will kill her.  Then HE is the one that blows the baby eggs into the bubble nest, and tries to raise them... But to watch them breed was really beautiful.  

Okay now WHAT were you saying... I think this is the day that Princess Kantalope has her mouth done...  So watch out dentists and hospitals around the world! 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chevy, just recently, my new rescue dog ate three decorative(dead) starfish. They must of come out okay in the END b/c he showed no distress. Makes my butt pucker just thinking about it. ERRRCLUCKOUCH.

• Chevyboy

Oh Wow!  I can see why he would think they were something good, and I'll bet they just sort of rehydrated going through his digestive system? 

My Dog will ONLY eat her kibbles mixed with cooked liver and chicken, with a little cheese.... Ha!  

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

OMG, sas, butt pucker, what on earth did I ever do before I met you people??? Chevy, I wish I knew what you are on....is it just caffeine? Wish it worked like that for me.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

We have real turkeys here LOL Gobble Gobble instead of Cluck Cluck

turkey

• shellshine

We had a rotten smell in our house yesterday, so DH went searching all over and found a dead chicken under the  house, right by our bedroom Peyu!!

• Lymphgirl
    Lymphgirl Member Posts: 25

Shellshine - my sleep doc just put me on Nuvigil - to try to get my sleep cycle back on line.  Hoping no side effects. Took it monday and my allergies flared the same day so stopped it and restarted this morning. We will see.

Gma, its not thanksgiving yet but by that time it will be a good one for dinner LOL.

• raehyg
    raehyg Member Posts: 39

I like all the uses for the duct tape...my son can make wallets out of them, lol. I love the dress.....but pink??? I am partial to blue. Oh well I guess I have to learn to tolerate pink now that I have breast cancer.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Hi chickies, no you will not learn to like pink- that is our Least favorite color on this thread. We have lots of turkeys around here. I think nc is the top turkey raising state, thats why everybody uses it as fertalizer.(sp?) The smell of it does make your butt pucker... love that one. Thats my new saying for the day.By the way Chevy, I was lurking on another thread and saw your post that you are 75? Is that right? You look so much younger in your avatar. ha-ha. Off to chemo today...will report back with any omg moments should I come across any...

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

no turkeys in my neighborhood but plenty of bunnies....fornacating this morning in my parking lot

so cute 

• Chevyboy

Yes, 75!  Damn that sounds old!  That even scared ME when I saw your post, Ha!  I don't feel like it, and I don't think I look like an old hen..... BUT the numbers are definately there....

Rae.... yes, I covered a little foil pouch with duct tape, and carry my debit card in that.... whenever I HAVE to take it along.  The foil/aluminum keeps any card reader thugs from "reading" your card! 

I love pink.... so did my Mom.... but you can't say that out loud here.... Women will come after you with a broom!

• Chevyboy

And SMACK you with it!

• marywh

Seriously though, I always picture people as alot younger than they are. I thought I was probably older than most on this thread and im 54. whew, just saying 54 makes my butt pucker-just practicing......

• shellshine

hee hee, butt pucker.... how did I ever find you people, what did I do before then?

• Chevyboy

Seriously?  She said "seriously"..... Ha!   And what is a butt-pucker?  Is that like Kegel's?   Spell check is going crazy here.... How DO you spell Kegel? 

I had to do those once.... when I was in training trying to learn how to hold my bladder up....  Didn't work.   Am I THE ONLY one that has these problems?  I mean had? 

This is funny..... My whole post from "Kegel" is underlined in red!    I had better quit while I am ahead, or before this spell-check runs out of red.

• Chevyboy

Okay, read this...Wink

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

my kegels! I do them every day on the way to work.... I even went to a doc to learn to do them correctly!  better than the alternative but if I forget to do them....life is not good

• shellshine

Chev, how muh caffeine have you had today?!

• Alyson

Talking of coffee I need some, its morning here, Friday actually and I want coffee. Thats the thing that worries me about my trip to the States is finding 'real' coffee - espresso that tastes good. Was so disappointed last time. Thought you lot could make coffee but no way. This is what I want, double espresso ah that means I will have to get dressed and will get one when I have been to the doctor.

• Chevyboy

Hi Shell.... I drink de-caf, and once in awhile I get an iced starbucks, Ha!  I'm just always like this.... beCAUSE you guys make me this way, Ha!    I'm not as boisterous at home ......  DH would not know what to do with me.....   I reserve these fun times for you gals and my friends....  And you say things that bring out the oneryness in me....  it's ALL your fault! 

What?  You couldn't read that?  And you just passed WHAT test??? 

Proud!  Yes, I know they are good for you.... but I'm probably 150 years older than you, so I gave them up for Lent....Wink  Or because I didn't notice any difference.... 

• shellshine

Allyson.....looks soooooo good! 

Chevy - just love you to pieces girl!

• Chevyboy

So Alyson!  It's YOU that created Starbucks?  I mean even their regular coffee is strong for me... Ha, ha!    If we meet when you get here sometime in September, I don't want to hear about our sissyfied coffee....Wink

Espresso, eh?  Man, I would be bouncing off the walls.... I mean more than I already do.... 

• Chevyboy

Aw geez Shell,   I just posted, and I see YOU were here!  I love you too, kiddo....xoxoxo

• Alyson

Chevy actually found a place in the centre of Denver where I got them to make me a double espresso - it was good and they thought I was mad. No I didn't start Strabucks; I won't insult you by saying what I think of their coffee.

I'm bouncing without any so wait till I get some coffee this morning. I drink tea with breakfast. Before BC this would have been me, now I have just one or two a day.

• Alyson

• Alyson

• marywh

I happen to think its more than caffiene unless shes been smoking it with a couple of additions.ha-ha. You all have been busy today...and I Can be serious when I want to be,I was being really serious today at chemo when I almost called my least favorite nurse an ass-wipe. Such a bad attitde. Why would you want to be a nurse when you just cant be nice to people?

• Chevyboy

Now Mary.... the last time I smoked was in 1964.... You can't smoke with these lungs... Ha!   And I was too afraid to try anything else when I was a kid.... I think I still would be....  I mean afraid to try it now. 

I would be afraid it would do "things" to my mind.....  I mean something I couldn't control....   I had amnesia once when I was a kid... well 16, and a brain concussion, and I just couldn't get my mind to working for about 8 hours.... I think that scared me into never wanting to try grass, or even pain pills... And I've never been drunk..... Been around THAT too many times to know it is not one of my favorite things....Wink

Alyson, could you ask any coffee-shop to make you a double espresso?  And do they have to peel you off the walls after you drink one?  I mean a cup of my Dad's coffee, who lived in San Francisco, kept me awake for DAYS.   I could take 1 teaspoon of his coffee, and make a full pot!   And he drank it at NIGHT!!!   He made a pot to last 2 days.  I went to McDonalds with my Brother, when we only had Dad's coffee to drink.... Ha!

• Alyson

Chevy, yes most will do that. Trouble is here I drink what we call a long black, which is a double espresso with a little water. Long blacks in US are what you could drink, long and very weak - we call them Americanos. Before BC I used to drink about 10 cups a day!!!! And I have never smoked but do like a little wine.

Mary some nursing staff can be so rude and I have no idea why, maybe next time you should ask what the problem is. Have found being 'really nice' can also work.

Anyway this old chook needs her coffee.