OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chevy Be4 i forget trying to catch up. About the foil thingy to guard credit cards. I used a resealable nut pouch. Rethought the usage when at the grocery couldn't find my wallet. Then a sudden_DUH_WAIT my wallet is in the pouch you just charged me for----All knew of this new trouble and got a great laugh when I opened the pouch and took out my wallet> CLUCK< CLUCK< CLUCK, they deducted the charge.:)

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sas have you got the asparagus, does it help pneumonia? Hope so or the mushrooms?

• sas-schatzi

Coop poop, missed the AMC awards tonight. Country music --thought of it Sat night and not again till now.

Marywh --your aghast now, but it sounds like fun to me, and I'm a Motown girl, but raised country with Moms family in Canada in summers. She has her head on right. $4,000.00 for a wedding is way below the national fiquires which are totally ridiculous. Try 4 to 5 to 6x's that amount. DS was engaged to a gal and the wedding plans looked like $100,000--daddy is way rich and networked. Not my style. They broke up. Treasure what this gal recognizes. A gathering, fun, dancing, no pretense, just as it was done on farms across the USA many years ago. Seriously, she's a keeper. Your son will never be poor b/c she understands solvency over pretense.

• sas-schatzi

The Rooster's going to get a morning surprise BRAWAKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Sas - are you up already? I haven't gone to sleep yet!! Just headed to bed now - been studying all evening. Lord knows what havoc these threads will be having while I'm dreaming about pediatric neurology!

• Lymphgirl
    Lymphgirl Member Posts: 25

Shellshine - Congratulations on the 3 good things in your life!  We all need that light at the end of the tunnel!  

Ladies, you have me cracking up so bad this past week, I had to buy larger potty pads!!! ROFL

I'm going to the radiologist today for my yearly visit. I wrote everything down and going to ask for help with my nerve pain.  Made a list of everything I have tried and things I have contemplated and see if he can come up with any thing else.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

I know that basically 4000 for a venue is cheap, but I just dont do cowboy chic well. And you have to know a little of my other wedding fiasco with dd.  Ex-sil, (thank God,hes an ex) has 50 zillion tattoos all over. At the time they got married, he was also shaved bald, and had six earrings in each ear. Well, these were not attractive tattoos either. In fact they were pretty obnoxious. He wanted to wear short sleeves, but I put my foot down. He had this huge tattoo of CABBAGE all the way down his arm. Thats his nick-name. We all knew who he was. Long sleeves were good. Then on top of everything else grammy was holding 3 month old grandson while he watched mom and dad finally get married. Now I am no prude (sp)? But I truly would love it if I had one traditional wedding out of my kids, where I could cry tears of joy and all that stuff. Im still holding out for ds #2...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Mary, Just get one of those tiered skirts and wear it with a pretty blouse. The skirt is full enough that you won't be able to see your cowboy boots.

• marywh

Alyson, mushrooms are good. I have loads of them seeing as how my brother really does grow and sell them. We dont puff on them tho, we just add the mushroom powder to our food. Let me know....Smile

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

LOL, chevy. Love it!

• Chevyboy

Hey, Welcome PH!  You will have fun here in this chicken coop!

• marywh

Oh Chevy you are so bad....

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

That's why we love her so!

• Chevyboy

Thank you my dearest friends!  Love you too! xoxoxoxoxo

• marywh

Hellooooooo? Are any of you cluckers out there? Its mighty quiet in the hen house this morning. Are we still roosting? I have the day off today, but dh called at 8:00 and woke me up wanting me to look up how to repair chicken scratch on walls, it evidently is a form of decorative painting that we've never done before. It sounds very involved. Lots of sanding and sheetrock and mud, and since Im not allowed to be around sheetrock dust, it looks like Ill have the house to myself all week. I get so excited, but then dont know what to do with myself.

• Lymphgirl

I'm here:

singingchicken

• marywh

Oh good I was beginning to think I was going to have to go to the local feed store and hang out with the Jr and Bubba crowd this morning, but since there is a little action on the boards this morning Ill save that for this afternoon.Smile

• Lymphgirl

:) I'm working at the moment, but am here if you have any questions I check this site about once an hour.

• sas-schatzi

Mary, UGHm, get your description on weddings, DS's super expensive wedding that didn't occur, my problem is I protested wedding costs by showing it could be done very inexpensively when I got married. Wedding dress 12.99/hat 2.99  CHEAP even by 1972 standards LOL. Not     looking    forward to discussion when I was informed what I would be responsible for, but it didn't happen. Hope you get your dream wedding with DD #2 BRAWkkk

Hey lymphgirl WEcome.

will add News of the Day if I find something stupid.

• marywh

On my way to town, Wally world is calling. My pit bull broke his runner yesterday and he must be feeling froggy, he wont leave my lab alone,who is also a male. Poor guy. I love my pit to death, he is the best, but not the brightest bulb on the shelf. You all have a lovely rest of the morning, or night wherever you might be.....

• Alyson

Yes I thought you lot must all be roosting or clucky, absolutely no action in the hen house.  Well this chook must get dressed and take herself for a little walk. First time out of the henhouse for nearly two weeks, this pneumonia really has knocked me.

I know I will need a big puff when I get back so please pass the asaragus and the mushrooms!!!

• marywh

So glad I went to Wal-mart. Got back and pit was still tied where I left him, so I thought I had awhile. The state tree workers had come while I was taking a nap, we had a tree that needed to come down. So Im lying there sleeping and all of a sudden I hear this honk, honk hoooonk from this truck horn. Im thinking now what the hell is that? So I get up and here are these 4 guys trapped in thier truck with another one up high in the bucket. My pit is sitting by the drivers side door just patiently wagging his tail and waiting for these guys to get out and play. So I go and get him, and leave the door open, out comes my little miniture pincher-chihuahua mix and she is thinking shes big and bad and takes up where the pit leaves off.These guys are not amused. One looks at me and says geez lady you got anymore dogs hiding anywhere? I said no, just the lab lying in the front yard. I was really planning on apologizing because I know pits can be scary, but he was an ass about it and they werent stuck in the truck for very long. They should have called first. I do have a beware of dog signs in the yard...

• Chevyboy

Oh Mary, that is good!  Ha, ha!   Funny story!  I love the way you describe something!   No don't apologize....  those guys are all a bunch of sissy's! 

I live next to this Great Dane.... and he is SUCH a scaredy cat!  Poor guy... His name is Thenos... like a Greek God or something, but he is a BIG sissy.  I give him milk-bones, whenever I go out front.... 

He was whining yesterday, when I was out front raking, because Lacee was out there also.... Then SHE started whining....  So I opened out big iron gate, and she went over to visit him.... Man, he just steps over her, like she is a mouse or something.   He bounced down on his front legs wanting to play, but she looked at him like "You've GOT to be kidding!!!!"......  He is still a pup, and she is 9... so she likes to see and sniff, but not play with this boy wonder!  I was just afraid she would snap at him, or I don't know what.... So I let her back on our side......  If he put his paw on her, she would buckle.... Ha! 

He kept whining.... when she came back home...... I'll have to ask the neighbor if it's okay that I let her "play" with his pup..... Ha! 

Alyson, you are feeling better?  It always feels good to get out and just walk around sometimes.... Glad your pneumonia is better!  Did you get a shot?   I did that AND a Shingles shot.

AND I'm having a drink!  Cranberry and Vodka....  It's called a something, but I forgot what. 

Sassy, that was great information you gave Chabba!  You are invaluable to us.... you know that! 

• Chevyboy

I just remembered.... It's called a Cape Cod! 

• Alyson

Hey Chevy will be in Denver last week of September, well for three days. Love to be able to say hi.

I can't have vaccinations - long story so I have to have large dosages of antibs.

Having surveyed the garden will get dressed.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

....studying my a$$ off today for Peds Neuro test tomorrow.

• marywh

Alyson, hope you're feeling better and better. I wish you would come to Charlotte too. Wouldnt it be so much fun if we could all get together and squak for a few days?I think we should start a fund, and have people donate so that we could all meet somewhere for a hen party. We would have to come up with a good name for our fund drive. Being coordinator, I am willing to work on this, however, I may need some help....

• sas-schatzi

Chevy Thank you sweetie

ALYSON ugh hate long illnesses, and pneumonia can knock the clucker out of you. Is Florida on your agenda?

Mary. When ChrissyB came 1 1/2 ago a group met in the middle somewhere. I'll see if I can get link, it may provide a guideline

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=34&id=773915&page=1

• Alyson

Just been sent a list of 'cures'

Mushrooms

Blueberries

Pomegranates

Grape seed extract

Cinnamon

Add them to the recipe though we know about the mushrooms. maybe we could add the grape seed and cinnamon to our smokes.

But the best one which arrived today said tamox and AIs were wrong as male hormones have to be suppressed as well. Oh dear.

Pass the asaparagus I really do need a puff. (And it might help my chest - well I hope. I am sick of being so tired).