OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

• veggy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Veggy I will bring the pink tinfoil in September and we can make hats for everyone, especiall grannydukes hahahaha.

• veggy

LOL!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

omg, you girls have been busy this afternoon. This is why I cant stay away for long. Its better than the 14 adult channels I get on tv, so Ill just continue to sin in my computer chair and giggle.

• Alyson

• Alyson

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

OMG!  You gals are more fun than sinning on the motorcycle.... well almost!  Sas, I thought at first that is what you MEANT.... It was a typographical error or something.  It really IS hard on a pan-head Harley anyway.... 

Alyson, those pictures just made me laugh out loud! 

Okay, this is me.... and I sort of made my own.

Mary, you get 14 adult channels?  I'm going to tell!!!!  And then you will have to go to your room, and shut the door with NO dinner! 

I remember me and DH started watching a X-rated movie we rented once.... Well we only watched it for about 5-7 minutes, and then, well YOU know, we never did get through the whole thing!   So it was sort of a waste of money, and I was embarrassed when DH even RENTED it! 

Okay.... we are going to the flea-market tomorrow.... going to look for the cure-guy AND my car keys that I lost the last time!  I don't NEED them now, but it's just the point! 

My neighbors are building their huge chicken-coop..... for their 6 teen-age chickens...... Then I will get my own fresh eggs.... Ha!  I mean as soon as they are old enough to lay.... or whatever they do.....

See y'all tomorrow!  xoxoxoxo 

• marywh

I really didnt order them they came with the package. By the way chevy, you are stunning, love the stylish hat. Would you guys like to  design my mother of the groom outfit?        i would be honored and be the talk of the wedding I know.....

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Marywh remeber when I said if you give Veggy and Alyson a lead in line...........

• marywh

Oh I do, Ialso think Alysons table top decor was  a little over the top, but they are both such fashion icons when it comes to farm animals, I would love some of everybodies great advice. Well, my silly sister is visiting, and we're going out to dinner. We're trying out a new place, so Ill keep my eye out for the cure guy. Will check back in later.

• sas-schatzi

Mary google keyword  "farm wedding". Lots of hits. You could have some fun with these pics sassy

http://rusticweddingchic.com/real-rustic-farm-weddings

below are 6-rules to follow for a farm/outdoor weddings 

http://www.whisperingpinescatalog.com/products/rustic-wedding-chic-book

http://rusticweddingchic.com/6-lessons-for-hosting-a-barn-or-outdoor-wedding

Mary in my outdoor wedding I forgot to ask for the chapel key to get the chairs. Thiese suggestions are GOOD.

Thisis a  how to do a "Rustic wedding chic" book

http://www.whisperingpinescatalog.com/products/rustic-wedding-chic-book

None of the pics I saw on the farm weddings had people dressed in hoedown clothes. This link was an add link on Rustic Weddings web site.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/mother-of-the-bride-dresses_2545?currency=USD&litb_from=paid_adwords_display&gclid=CI-b2oKxxrYCFRQEnAodkkwAog

"What to wear"  and it many add links

http://rusticweddingchic.com/what-to-wear-to-a-rustic-wedding

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride" SAS

• Alyson

Here we go Mary.

• Alyson

Imagine it with cowboy boots!!!!!

• jelson
    jelson Member Posts: 622

as far as I am concerned, K-Mart should pay Veggy royalties for the use of her concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I03UmJbK0lA

• tootz1
    tootz1 Member Posts: 18

New to the thread. Have been reading daily and ROFL.

Can I join in the fun and sheer insanity? 

Seeing all the tinfoil hats brought me tho this site....

http://www.eclectech.co.uk.mindcontrol.php

Think Marywh will need the tinfoil hat and song for the wedding. Foot in Mouth

• Alyson

Luckily I have my outfit for DS's wedding next week.

• sas-schatzi

TootZ Top 'O tHe Morning to ya mate!. Come join Mother Cluckers International. We've not had anyone from across the Pond your way before. We did have a sister from Ghana, but her real home was in Canada. Our Alyson is from Auckland, now you from UK. OH CHICKEN POOP ... I realized the link was from the UK not you. Thought we could say allot from the British Empire have decided to come out as Mother Cluckers.

Our only rules are that none of the rules are followed except in the nick of time.

We share our asparagus and mushrooms , cinnamon is allowed , but not recommended.

We sin frequently in our recliners, or the roosts depending where we put are puckered butts

Tin hats will soon be required, but only as it applies to the meaning in # 1

We are all, mostly all, but could be everybody is committed to the future concept, of the reality that we may be committed.

We believe that all the STUPIDS in the world need to be laughed at as much as possible through stories told here.

History and continuity of the beginning to the continuing, allows all to maintain the integrity of a very high level of  impunity from the insanity of BC, by encouraging newbies to read from the beginning as time allows.

We, also, make allot up by the seat of our ruffled feathers as it suits our cute beaks.

So, welcome to the HEN house. BRawkkkkkkkkk    puff puff pass 

• marywh

Absolutly come join us tootz! We are working on my mother of the groom wardrobe, as it is going to be a very country affair. But Alyson, my fav so is the second dress. I only hope I dont outdo the bride. Maybe it is just a touch too young for me. It will take me awhile to go through all the stuff you sent sas. Went out for dinner with oldest sister who is a true hypochondriac. Tonight her neck was out so she could only turn her head 1 way...so we had a bald woman and one who was walking like a robot. along with my youngest ds who never stops talking. Dh stayed at home and relaxed by sinning in his recliner...kept my eye out for the cure guy,might have been our waiter. His name was Walter, and boy did he look like a scientist.Have to do some investigating....

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

OMG! Now I'm wondering if I can make tinfoil hats for the boys I'm babysitting for next week (8 mos and 4 years). If they'll wear them, I'll take a photo to send Mom after the last evening is done. She's a mental health social worker so she'll get the purpose right away.

• sas-schatzi

mary, your back, I had an insight while you were gone, also, smokin enhanced asparagus, so, that may have helped. When you first announced about the wedding and weren't happy, I thought it was a great idea. Was I off a loop? Then when looking @ Rustics stuff--remembered I got married outside. My Uncle was lost and his wife said "It must be over there". Uncle said "It couldn't be, that's a bunch of Hippies." Oh Mary this could be so wonderful. The hour we got married was a pause in Hurricane Edith. It was 1972, but Edith was nasty. We were in Detroit. It rained all day. I cried and prayed. It paused. Vows under several hundred year old oak trees, with the most beautiful streaming light through the leaves in front of the Blessed Virgins chapel in the middle of campus.. I had a chapel reserved and never went to look at it, I so wanted to be outdoors. Who'd think a hurricane would bother Detroit. It started to rain when we got in the car to leave.

• marywh

On a more serious note, and yes I can be serious, that sounds like a wonderful wedding. I know Ill get over it and be really happy for them. I would never let her know how I feel about it. I will make the best of it, after all Im not paying for it, but it sure is fun to have a place to vent.

• sas-schatzi

Welcome Jelson, Is it my hearing loss or am I really hearing "I just shit my pants"? That's the joke right? Twelve years of nuns and three years of Jesuits, I have to have jokes explained.

• sas-schatzi

Venting , yes venting is a must as it applies to rule #1.

• marywh

Ok heres another true story by marywh. I was reminded of it from chevys last picture. 3 years ago I had to have a basil cell skin cancer taken off the tip of my nose. They did whats called a live skin graft. they took the tip of my nose off and then took skin that was still attached to my forehead and put it on the end of my nose. then they wrapped the live tissue that was connecting the 2 areas in BRIGHT yellow gauze to keep it from drying out. They called it a trunk. I had to walk around like that for 6 weeks till the skin grafted. The funny part was that until they seperated the tissue from my forehead, if my forehead itched I scratched the tip of my nose.My kids thought it was hilarious.

• sas-schatzi

Ouhhh Mary, me thinks you are giving Chevy way too much material to work with , I can't wait.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Mary - You probably were not a viewer but "As the World Turns" did several barn weddings.  In Texas I think they are considered chic.  Local paper frequently has cowboy weddings but I'm from the Ft. Worth area "where the west begins".  Think designer denim. If they love each other, I say what the f**k.  Remind me of that if my DD ever gets married. LOL

Oh, yeah, google tin foil hats and turns up lots of "mind control" sites.  OMG!!!

• sas-schatzi

LuV, I took a couple of hours and went to different states, the farm/barn/outdoor venues are very" in "particularly b/c of price. The ones I saw are really chic. Google got 3.9 million hits in Fl. and 1.9 million in NC. didn't pay attention to others.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145

Mary just a suggestion, why not come to Ireland, experience a different culture, and have the wedding at the same time. Here a country/farm themed wedding would involve tractors and wellington boots. There are some very chic wellies available these days.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Ah Wicklow. We visited  your town when we came to  Ireland a few years ago. You live in one of the  most beautiful countries on God's sweet earth, and her people are just as fine.