OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Mary....I'm here!!!! Just came on to read now. I've been super busy too this weekend plus

I have a stinking cold and sore throat.

Sent FC a PM about something this morning but have not heard back from her. Hope she is just busy maybe taking care of grand kids.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Hey Scottiee, hope you feel better. Pocket party tomorrow...my first Gemzar injection...

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Mary.....(((((())))))).......❤️

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Mary - I'm in your pocket!

• marywh

Veggy, how are you? How is Gemzar treating you? I have to do it for 6 weeks straight.

• veggy

I've had 2 treatments. Tomorrow is my third. I had a nasty UTI and they canceled my third treatment last week. I'm on a 3 week on 1 week off schedule. I'm not sure but I think the UTI is making another comeback. I have that constant pressure that I have to pee. Be sure to drink.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575

Veggy,

Are you through with your antibiotics for your UTI?  If you are, did they do a follow-up urine test to make sure the infection is gone?

In your pocket, tomorrow, too.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980

Joan811 and FireKracker (aka grannydukes) just waking up... 
    Not too bad after a pj party that lasted half into the night...(just ask the lady downstairs...)
    Wish y'all were there...

Veggy, see you next time...missed you - hope your uti is gone...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

That is a beautiful picture of both of u.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I'm in your pocket too, Mary.

Veggy, hoping the UTI is not back and gezmar works for you.

Great picture Joan andFC.

• marywh

Great picture FC and Joan. What fun.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Always nice to put faces with the names.. thanks for the picture!

My sister and Mom both have pneumonia - they are the only ones in the family that haven't had BC.. Mom is going on 93 years old.  My other sister just finished chemo and is onto herpecin and radiation next.  Starts Oct 1st. 

As I said on the other thread Mary, in your pocket - I will bring the brownies but I'm still nauseous so You all can share the brownies - its horrible when the smell of chocolate turns your tummy.. 

ToonTown my favorite game I play with the grandsons is now gone!  and having some anger issues... Imagine Disney under the puppy in this picture.. Then it makes perfect sense to me right now:

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93

Mary, I hope it all goes well today.  Sending hugs!!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

I'm in the pocket party for u Mary

Veggy...was hoping u were all betta.

Yeah we had a pajama party on Sat nite.It was real nice to finally meet Joan....and yes the lady downstairs heard us.we were up till 1:30...

• veggy

I'm leaving in 20 minutes for my chemo (Gezmar). Mary I'll be in your pocket. I think your treatment is in the afternoon.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

((((((((Veggy)))))))))))))I'm there....and I'm here for U.Good luck

Hope to see u real soon.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hugs and prayers that Chemo is kind

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Good gezmar treatment for Veggy and Mary!!!  Hope for few SE's!

For the pocket party, I'll bring grapes.  They're great this time of year.

• veggy

I survived my treatment. I had a wonderful nurse start my IV in my hand. Only felt the first pinch. My friend took me out for lunch afterwards. Now I wonder how Mary is.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Yeah Veggy! That sounds like a nice day. I hope Mary's went just as well.

• veggy

I got this today on my facebook. Someone please tell me how the morons think this helps get awareness for BC?

Hi Beautiful Lady,

Without replying to this message, put a heart on your wall; no comment, just a heart. Next, post a heart on the wall of the person who sent you this message. Then send this message to your women friends, only women. If anyone asks you why you have so many hearts on your wall, don't tell them. This is only for women, because this is breast cancer research week. One small act of solidarity between women. PS to type a heart, first. type < then 3 It will turn into a heart as soon as you post.

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585

I bought a dozen eggs today, and when I got home, I discovered that each egg was stamped with a little pink ribbon! 😳

• veggy

I wonder how they got the chicken to do that?

(Joking)

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980

Veggy, glad you got through today...
    Now, am wondering,how does someone with Femara brain or chemo brain or any brain follow that FB post? 

(((Mary))) Here's to few SEs...rest up, brave ladies! (((Veggy)))

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Veggy I'm glad all went well today. I get those things on FB too and never do them, I just think they're stupid--"don't tell anyone" "only for women" Dumb

I can't believe egfs have pink on the--Ohhh October is coming sigh

• gmafoley

Yes. October is coming. At the fabric store i work at the now have a whole section of pink ribbon sewing tools. And the ladies care so much about me they like to make me pink ribbon stuff. How do you tell the boss i don't like pink. She lost her sister too of BC. So she babies me and makes me things.

• gmafoley

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

OMG. Where did they get my picture?.

• gmafoley

Its spread all over FB !  LOL  - 4 don't know if I told you, my other fulltime job away from the fabric store is a web production assistant and I have to get up before stock market opens on the west coast.. so my day starts at 3:20am!  That is about how I look in the morning 

• gmafoley