OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

3:20 ouch! That's about when I usually am crawling into bed! Unfortunately I still have to get up at 6:45 to get the kids outta here.

Great day everyone! I'm off to get a drain removed. WooHoo! Wish it was both, but it's a start!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Drains suck.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Hope it doesn't hurt!😢

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

It's such a relief to get them out--good for u.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

YaY for the drain coming out! At least one of them will be gone!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

had gs for the night last night and and he informed me I still only have 1 boob and wanted to know when it was going to grow back...How do you answer a question like that when the next question is always why? He is still my buddy and was up at 5 a.m ready to go. I was so glad when 7 got here and I took him to daycare. Came home and slept the afternoon away..what a pistol.

• gmafoley

Mary I understand - I have two grandsons, brothers, 6 and 3 years - They want every minute with me when we are together... Wear me out fast. 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Focktober is right around the corner

One of the sistas posted this article on FB.

Of course I couldn't copy it sooo if anyone wants to read it here goes

Huffington post

Nancy brinkers high salary angers advocates after komen a fundraising drops!charity walk cancelled

Yay.

Please spread the word...

Yeah bitch,,shame on you.

• marywh

You tell'em FC. Our walk here is the first weekend in Oct. Blah, blah Blah. They called it a celebration.Yeah I "celebrate" this shit everyday. Mine must be an ongoing celebration, been at it fir six years now. Yee-haw...

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I've been celebrating mine on and off for almost 4 1/2 years.

Right now I am sarting o feel tired from yesterday's infusion. Making two apple pies today probably took some of my energy too.

• FireKracker

Celebrating shit..that's what we do..

This month I'm 3yrs NED...yeah so what

Everyday I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I try not to think about it but damn Focktober makes my blood boil.

Ya no my mantra...find a freekin cure/vaccine...

Thinkin about you GmaF,Veggy,Mary...sending prayers.

And the rest of you I still pray every nite for all my sistas???even the ones I don't like???lol?me....bad???yeah I no???I need a filter...

Big huggg from the FireKracker

Oh ducky...come and visit now that I'm not that far and you closed ur summer place...just grab VEGGY and come....

Xo FK

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all,

Hope all goes reasonably.

Haven't seen any pink stuff here in Denver to make my blood boil thankfully but I am sure it is here. The BGPs have been visiting again today.

Big hugs

• camillegal

Alyson u'r having a good timd--how wonderful

And I'm the worst when they do something on FB to share about the pink stuff I never share anything, I don't even want to see it.  Like u said When they have a cure then I'll shout about it, untill then there is to much misery.  

• 4sewwhat

The pink stuff pissed me off before I got diagnosed. Just another way to make a buck off someone else's suffering. They don't want a cure,or a vaccine. Too much money in the disease.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

The Komen 3 day started here last week. I didn't see a thing about it before or during. Just a small blurb in the news about it starting. I support Dr. Susan Love's Army of Women. 85 cents of every dollar goes straight to research and they send out e-mails about studies looking for subjects.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575

Here's an interesting take on what is happening with the Portland Komen race from the Oregonian:

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2013/09/portland_race_for_the_cure_fun.html

• marywh

Finally framed gs puzzles today. He loved them and said they were awesome. Love it when a 3 year old comes up with things like that. Went out today and got dh a new suv. Much better than the pick-up he wanted. Much more practical too. Still not feeling too bad from the Gemzar, just makes me tired, so Im going to bed early tonight...

• veggy

I'm feeling tired too. Tried to do some shopping today and then come home and cook dinner. Too much.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Naps are a good thing. Nurse Spookie highly recommends them!!

• gmafoley

Ok I know this is poor taste for me but this is for you all this morning - I have to get back to work :)

• 4sewwhat

Love it! I'm goin back to work too. Don't work too hard today. Do like those young people that can't keep up with us and just look like you're working!

• camillegal

GMA why would u ever say that's in poor tast, it's so cute---u silly.

• veggy

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

Hi All,

I saw this board and thought my experience with " U can't fix stupid" would fit right in here!

Stupid is my boss. When I told her I had BC and had been to see a doctor. She said" Oh did they give you a pill for that?"

She wanted me to come back to work the day after my last internal radiation treatment and says," Since you are done with radiation then you are done?"   She won't take there are "side effects" for an answer and when I did over do it/( tore out some scar tissue, have an internal bleed, now have to see a lymphodemia clinic as my arm pitt swelled back up and is numb) my boss told my other co-workers that I was "faking" it..

STUPID is a nice word for her!!

• gmafoley

Can't wait - I started a topic back in July 2011 called the North West Ladies - We are actually getting together up north in Olympia, WA saturday.. My favorite restaurant too! Olive Garden - I looked at the online menu and figured out something I might be able to eat.. unfortunately, I've only been on the generic of prilosec for 2 days and it hasn't made food anymore edible yet - Praying by tomorrow I can have some grilled chicken and dry pasta, maybe a touch of alfredo???  I think I probably will end up with dry pasta... croutons??? and crackers  ROFL - I am just so happy, some of my BC sisters can actually meet!

• 4sewwhat

Ndgrrl. That is really STUPID! Good luck with your arm. I see a lymphedema therapist for prevention and that stuff helps a bunch!!

Gma. So excited for you. Sounds like a lot if fun. I think all the time about starting a thread for ladies in metro Atlanta. Meeting one for lunch next week. Also meeting all my chemo nurses for margaritas Monday after work!!

Don't eat the croutons! They are seasoned but they have a ton of oil! Stick with the breadsticks! Alfredo is SO rich. Might see if they have the vodka sauce. Not super tomato/acid like kind of creamy. Ask for a taste before you order if you need to.

Have a really good time! Great weekend to everybody. I am going to make flow charts for each if these threads and see if I can figure out who is who with what ailments and which chaos belongs to who!!! Might get done by Halloween ;0)

• gmafoley

4 I tried the flow chart in the beginning - even the chart got too confusing... My motto - go with the flow...

• 4sewwhat

I always feel like I am unintentionally leaving somebody or something out :0( sometimes I just don't say nothin! I still don't follow the "if you can't say something nice" rule though!

• veggy

• FireKracker

Welcome Ndgrll....

You do have a stupid boss.

Just wondering if she is just plain dumb or playin the stupid game...or is a real bitch.

GmaF be careful with what u eat??if u cheat you will pay dearly....I find it very dangerous to eat in restaurants....bland is the word???enjoy the company..I'm always safe with fish..

How u doin veggy???"?