OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

GMA what a question - I don't know. Think like Ducky I would choose pain.

Anyway found the foob after turning the room upside down. It was happily sitting in my bra/tank top which I had put back in the drawer instead of taking the foob out and and putting the top in the wash!!!!!

Have a good day.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

LOL............funny......that's like getting pissed cause you can't find your glasses, and they are sitting on top of your head....

Last week I could not find my Stylus.......checked all over, floor...down the recliner....on the table....in the throw....stood up, shook my clothes.........where the hell do you think it was......IN MY MOUTH, BETWEEN MY LIPS...........think I felt stupid????

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Gma, I too would take the pain if I had to make that crappy choice. Guess it depends how bad the pain is and what limitations it causes. Same for the dizzy/nausea thing. The pain would have to be really bad and debilitating for me to pick nauseous and dizzy though.

Hope you feel better one day soon Nerdy

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74

I have had several bouts with Vertigo and I would chose pain. I think my Vertigo was Seasonal Sinus related but it knocked me on my *ss several times and once in the shower = bruises and pain along with the nausea. I don't turn my head a certain way to the left when I'm laying down anymore so I don't set it off. I don't get headaches much and I only have floaters in my eyes so far.

Glad you found the foob and that I'm not the only one that has these adventures trying to find all kinda things.

• duckyb1

same here....look too far up....bingo...sudden turn sideways....bingo......it Is horrible, and truly disabling....they called mine BPPV......it can be disabling.....I have an exercise I have to do when it happens....works sometimes......you have to get the little crystals that are displaced back where they belong.....

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74

Yes I have the same exercise but sometimes it does not work. Just hope they stay way.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Alyson, so glad you found your foob and you don't need a bondo-boob. gma, I would take pain over nausea-dizziness any day. Did chemo today, but was not prepared to do the steroids. I was told there wasn't any pre-meds with navelbine...Will call mo next week to see if I can get out of doing it. I hate steroids, they keep me up for days.Anybody hear from Veggy yet?

• duckyb1

nothing yet Mary.....just hoping she is ok......will let you know if I do....

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Thank you for your responses - I have both pain and the vertigo - problem is - Is it really the BPPV they tell me I have or is the Pain meds causing it? The only way to find out is to go off my pain meds which would be a taper off - so far with the first taper off I had tried - the pain is back.. I still am not sure if I should just get off the pain meds and start over to see if the dizzy and nausea go away or if it stays... My PCP doesn't want me to do it - only as last resort and she feels it is the BPPV because of what she saw during exam last week.. I just don't know.

• duckyb1

GMA.....my BPPV is never constant....it can come and go.......sometimes for months, nothing, ..."..then will get a 1 day episode......meds do cause dizziness, which can be all the time........however never new BPPV to last, what I'm sure seems to you like , forever.....

• marywh

Gma I am so sorry that is your option at this time, wish I had some great words of wisdom for you, but I don't, only hugs to you. Alyson, where are you?

• duckyb1

Mary saw her on another thread, can't remember which one.....it was today, but she was saying goodnight because of the time difference.."

• marywh

We had snow last night! Covered the ground, it was so pretty falling...but then it got really cold, I can do without that..but it was fun while it lasted.

• duckyb1

no snow here Mary....but wow is it cold...plus windy which does not help..

• 4sewwhat

Wish we had snow. Just freezing and windy here too. Going to be in the 20s again tonight. This morning my hydrangeas were a beautiful purple, just frozen! As they defrosted they turned brownish black in mere minutes :0( Snow would be prettier!

• duckyb1

4... On STFU you mentioned rads are done.......fantastic......does you facility have a bell you ring?

• 4sewwhat

Thanks Ducky!

Last ZAP was today! Everyone gave me big hugs and the doc tried to keep a straight, professional face and then just gave in to the laughter and gave me a big hug too!

No they don't have a bell. They have talked about it though. I actually recommended an Graduation and Inspiration wall that we could sign and leave messages for the newbies instead of a bell. They seemed to like that idea!

And I saw my onc yesterday and my 2 tumor marker tests came back awesome! Low end of normal range!

It's been a good day Smile

• duckyb1

Fox Chase has the bell, you get a diploma, a huge bag of goodies, and your picture put on their "Champions Wall", and a big BRU ha ha with the staff..."they are wonderful there...they try very hard to make it as happy as possible......glad your done.........

• marywh

Already congratulated you 4, on stfu but fantastic about your tumor markers, Im afraid to ask about mine, so I don't anymore...I do better not knowing..

• 4sewwhat

Thanks Ladies!!!

• Alyson

image I have just heard. Our Veggy is an angel

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

I just heard myself Alyson......God rest her soul. I believe our Veggy was only 46 yrs!!!!!! .....just hate this disease. It seems only yesterday when I was chatting with her.....can't believe she is gone....I'm crying and in shock.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245

Oh, no. I can't believe this. Damn stupid disease Devil

• Alyson

OK girls every one in the front door - stay away from the backdoor and the basement. Another of the flock has gone. SO we must stick together and look after our sistas and those few brothers) who have this fffing disease.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Meeting now by the Sweet Fire to remember our Veggy. Her humor and wit will not be forgotten. Let's raise our glasses to her and bid a fond fare the well. May you find that which was missing Veggy and be at peace.

Veggy often over time went to throw things into the Bonfire, to burn the heateful stupid things about BC

I don't know, needed to go there and think of her,

http://community.breastcancer.org/posts/edit/3780665?from_p=158

• marywh

I am in shock...Veg will miss you and your funny posts. Love you dearly.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I  don't know what to say.  I'm tearing up.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980

This thread is where I met Veggy...she made me smile and laugh out loud every day. Her natural beauty was always stunning. That's all I can say...I hate BC

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Our Vegette, you will always be in our hearts.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Figured a bit of good news ThumbsUpwould be good with all the crying going on (including meScared) I really miss chatting with Veggy.. Anyway the good news: My trans-vaginal US came back normal. Labs are good. My MO told me to work with my PCP for the dizzy and nausea issue and he will see me in a year.