OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

They could not snake the problem.....might be a frozen line where the water drains from the washer.......clothes are in the washer, front loader, so until all the water is out you can't open the door..........

I hate everything right now, snow, winter, repair men, front loading washers, but most of all I hate that my clothes are  gonna get moldy, and the washer is going to stink, by the time the f/n ice melts in the f/n pipe............if I had a wash tube this would be a non issue......well it might, but at least eventually the water would slowly go down........with the drain running directly into the wall the water gushes back at me when it hits the ice jam.......I could pull the hose out of the pipe, no big deal, if it was not behind the washer, and you can't fit a bucket  anywhere to let the water run into.................f/n winter........

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

well miss ducky

You have ur hands full

I'm sorry

Bush day today,havnt been on till now

Looks like u need some help with this job you got

And no one offered to help u

Soooo

It looks like we will do it together

We will find a way

First everyone who is coming has to let us no...NOW OK?

That's the first step

Expect something in the mail

I worked on it all morning.

• duckyb1

'well they could not fix the problem......if it is an ice jam it has to melt....its behind a wall so blow dryer will do nothing.........thank God I'm a close horse.....you know, 1 in every color, and always more then you need....if the clothes run out before the pipe melts.....I will go to my daughters, dirty clothes in hand.............at least I am lucky enough to have clothes....

Will try  to get the names.....hugs.

• FireKracker

how about everyone who is goin send either u or me a pm?

That could make our life so much easier

Anyone have a problem with that?

Ducky,,,poor ducky...I'm so sorry for u

Me like u could open up a store with all the clothes I have

But I have no where to put my dirty clothes in a 1 bedroom apt.

I'll be on and off all day tomorrow

Soo I'll be lookin for pms from who ever is comin

This is serious now

All u have to say is count me in

Ok?

• duckyb1

AMEN TO THAT..............

• FireKracker

I BET U WOULD

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh Ducky what a problem u'r having and there's nothing u can do--it's supposed to warm up a little in a couple of days, I hope that helps. Geeze who's throwing u to the wolves? U know I certainly wouldn't want to be close to one at dinnertime, but they are so beautiful to look at and very loyal to each other, keeping one mate for life. Kind of sweet.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

i've driven the alcan twice from anchorage to south of olympia and loved it both times.  after 30+ years in alaska, we moved "outside" in 1998.  if someone would provide a good travel car, i'd be glad to drive to anchorage for a land-based personalized tour of alaska during the summer.  i'm done with dark winters....  just sayin....

• FireKracker

sweet ducky made the list,it's on the bonefire thread.

No one sent me a pm

Sooo it looks like ducky has the job to get the few she left out.

Sorry ur havin trouble with the washing machine

Where is ur pilot? 

Don't worry it's over the freezing mark for a few days

Once the list is complete we can move on to dates

Remember we need winter clothes for Alaska

And summer clothes for PR.

How about we pick the place we r gonna stay at and ship the clothes there

• FireKracker

and maybe while we r traveling we could find the cure guy!!!!!!!

• duckyb1

Problem was an ice jam in the trap where the washer discharges the water from inside the washer out to the main line........but the water that laid in the trap froze, blocking the water from being able to get through......my son came today ...........he is such sweetheart.....the one who did all the construction on this house................ran a wash load through, and the water went down and did not back up all ver the floor..............thank heavens.....hope it stays that way.

Will be back later.......

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93

Ducky, good luck catching up on the laundry!  What would we do without wonderful sons?

I've just found out that I have a gas leak in the valve that operates my new gas logs :( . It's a very small one, but I can't mess around with gas.  So now I have to look into getting that taken care of.  It's always something!

• duckyb1

Wow Holl, better have that looked at........can you smell the gas......maybe you should not be in the house.....all it takes is a spark.......just be careful.........

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93

No smell-- the line's been cut off outside and at the valve.  Calling my plumber in the morning!

• duckyb1

Ok, just be carefful

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Just lurking the past couple days. Hi to everybody...

• duckyb1

Hi Mary....hope your feeling ok......hugs

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi ho Mary, hen house has been quiet without you come in and have a chat.

Cluck, cluck, bwagak.

Need any asparagus - we are getting ours from the US!

• marywh

Don't need any here. My sister bought me a new blender and four cans of asp. Blended asp. is the new cure!!!!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Mary, that's what started this thread off, we thought of all sorts of things you could do with asparagus!!!! Veggy had wonderful suggestions.And I have just found out you have to eat it raw.

Hey there chooks  we could stay here!

• marywh

Oh we'd better hurry and make reservations, I bet they have a waiting list!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

• duckyb1

Mama Clucker caught you running to find a place for us to stay............you go Aly....LOL

• duckyb1

We can stay at my summer home.....swim, and eat asparagus....Jersey has the best.......LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths

Is there room for my floatie?

• duckyb1

Room for everyone's floaties........actually leave them home............I have loads of pool toys there....chairs, mats, volleyball, floats, noodles...........whatever you want.....can't overcrowd the broom......lol......just make sure you remember your bathing suit.........NO SKINNY DIPPING ALLOWED..........neighbors frown on that...........party poopers.......LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths

Checking out places to stay on the way.

• FireKracker

so now we r goin to NJ????

What did I miss?

And I don't even own a swimsuit

Wait what happened to Alaska?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

If you don't like snow and cold, don't go to Alaska until summer. Look out your window after a snowstorm; that's what you'll see. It's chilly there even in the summer, except for Fairbanks which gets really really hot. Puerto Rico would be nice and warm, pretty, and a big change from where you live. Don't worry about swimsuit unless you like to swim. Get a sundress there and wear it to the beach.

• marywh

I vote for warm if we're going soon. We have six more weeks of winter according to the groundhog.