OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

imageThe feeling you get when trying to tell your Doctor how your feeling.....

• Stephanie1962
    Stephanie1962 Member Posts: 1

Thank you everyone for the laughs!  First time to 'cure for stupid' and recently to the site.  My mother, 84, had a lumpectomy in December, 2013 and has 6 radiation treatments left.  Never heard of any of these, too funny, made my day! SillyHeart

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Oh, how true, especially when you get that deer-caught-in-headlights look from them as if you are making something up!

• duckyb1

Stephanie, welcome.....we are a crazy bunch here, so come and join the fun.....God Bless your Mom.....I am 78, so know what it is like to go through this at an older age....just when you think you have dodged the bullet........Bang........fate aims the gun at you, and pulls the trigger....but we are tough old birds, and we're gonna make it.......

Kath......so true.....

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Ducky, thank God, I thought I was the only one that happened to.  Has happened one time too many and am seriously thinking of changing docs.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

cami, It's not wonder we don't glow from all the tests. Thinking about getting this shirt.

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585

Sorry, but I may be raining on some parades here. I had a mastectomy in 1997 and had unilateral mammograms for 11 years. Then I found a lump under my arm on the side of the mastectomy--cancer, of course. After that, I had a unilateral mammogram once a year and a breast

MRI once a year. The MRI checked both breast areas, under my arms, and probably some other places. I did that for 5 years until an orthopedist figured out that my leg pain was from a bone metastasis to the hip.

The point of the story is that you can get cancer on the same side as the mastectomy, so try to get somebody to check that side.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Welcome Stephanie, sorry about u'r mom.

Slow I think we all need those Tees by now.

And Mary I know u'r right, I've always said cancer has no rules--it does what it wants, when it wants, wherever it wants. And I know we go off course and make fun of it, cuz what else can we do. And I'm sorry, but isn't it strange who found u'rs? Wow good Dr.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

hi all

Welcome Steph, yep we can be very silly here but as MaryLW says there is a serious side. This thread started because so many of us were getting stupid suggestions about curing BC.

So chooks how goes you all. Gma my rads onc is much the same. Your fine and that will be $150 thank you. And I too was fried to a crisp with lasting nerve damage. I must admit he did find the lump on the chest wall and took it very seriously but at this point my GP can deal with things and I see my BS who I love once a year.

I am sitting in my fav cafe having a coffee. Had better get home and do something constructive like clean the henhouse.

Big hugs. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Love that shirt, hope I never need one. Where did you find it?

• SlowDeepBreaths

Spookie, cafepress dot com. They are having 35% off on all t-shirts right now. Your dog is adorable.

Edited for typos

• spookiesmom

Thanks! Yours is too! What would we do without them?

• SlowDeepBreaths

I have two - both rescues. The other one is a Rat Terrier. We also have a rescue cat. We try and stay away from the pound now. It's difficult for my husband and I to walk away.

• spookiesmom

Spookie isn't a rescue, her Poodle brudder is. As was the Poodle before Kris. I just heard about  5 yo deaf Maltese with other special needs. Ummmmm, do I want a 3rd? He loves the dog park

• SlowDeepBreaths

Awwwww. So cute! They are hard to resist. We adopted a cat with cancer. They told us it was a blocked milk duct, but we didn't think that's what it was. We had her for about a 1-1/2 years. At least she had a good home for the time she was alive. She was a cool cat. She used to fetch rubber bands.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Ok, where is everybody? Roosting????I need a funny story, picture, something!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Been sitting on my behind all day 

• spookiesmom

Sleeping. I'm going to ask for extensive thyroid testing. 

• SlowDeepBreaths

• spookiesmom

Oh My Dog!!!!!

That's toooooo funny!!!!!!

• camillegal

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• camillegal

Happy

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahahaha. great pictures!!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Oh thank-you-those pictures made my morning.

• camillegal

Happy

• duckyb1

LMAO......

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahahaha. That little guy is addorable.

• duckyb1

No, Smart Dog..........LOL

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I've been busy.

Have made this for DGD. 

Keep warm wish I could send some heat to you all.