OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Aly......adorable....send us a picture of her in it...........

Snow again last night, but not too much 3inches......suppose to get more on Wednesday, and again  next Sunday.........ugy

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

Alyson, what an adorable hat! Did you crochet that or knitt? I've always wanted to learn, but I'm so impatient. My daughter crochets and she is very good. She certainly doesn't get her creative gene from me. That hat is lovely with all the detail.

• duckyb1

Aly........my  mother could crochet anything.......she was amazing........me, the only thing I was good at was having kids................that did not take talent..........lol.......however she just had 1.......ME.......

• SlowDeepBreaths

ducky, you don't give yourself enough credit. Raising a family takes a lot of talent!!! You have to be all things for your kids....teacher, cook, chauffeur, nurse, counselor and the list goes on. Looking at your family photos, you did an awesome job!! Plus, you can add another talent to that list - COMIC!!! Which to me, is one of the most important talents when raising kids - gives them personality.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• SlowDeepBreaths

• SlowDeepBreaths

GMA, hahaha - looks like we posted around the same time. Love the pic.

• duckyb1

LMAO..........great........

• duckyb1

• SlowDeepBreaths

Love it!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Aly, that hat is just adorable. If I were the Mom, I'd want one for me as well.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

LOL Ducky

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Have been watching the Olympics. Gosh the lycra (that's what you call spandex) clad young men are great!!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Really cute hat Alyson and cute pictures everybody. We're supposed to have a winter storm the next couple days. Snow and then ice on top. Keep your fingers crossed that they're just making a big deal out of nothing like usual, We don't do well with winter weather, and they don't even salt my road, so it takes forever to get out.......

• duckyb1

Philly 8 plus inches......Nor'easter, and 40mph winds along with ice.........are you kidding me............

• SlowDeepBreaths

damn

• SlowDeepBreaths

You can come stay with me ducky.....i've got an extra room

• duckyb1

Yea, I have had it.........then I hear that Ga. is asking for the National Guard for the 2 inches they are getting...............WTH..........they don't have a lot of snow equipment...........well then buy some for heavens sake.........this big pow wow meeting to discuss what they are going to do.........the snow hasn't even come yet and they already closed the schools for 2 days.........

Sorry guess I am just in a shitty mood from being housebound............and here all the idiots will be running to the super markets tomorrow, like its going to be the "end of the world"............heaven forbid they have no bread,...........I'm done..........Oh, no I'm not............then our stupid news channels have the nerve to put that on every station here in Philly........when we still have several thousand without electricity and heat.............Like we care about Ga.'s 2 inches of snow, when we are going to get clost to a foot..................now I"m done

• SlowDeepBreaths

It sucks to be cooped up. We face the same here in CA but on a different scale. When it rains all the news channels have special reports. Kinda comical in comparison.

• duckyb1

Ca. needs rain, but like snow......if you get more then you can handle......your in trouble too..........but honestly...........flooding is a lot worse then snow........hope you get your rain gradually, as you should...........what the hell is happening with this weather......something is seriously wrong........

• SlowDeepBreaths

It's pretty crazy. Hopefully you won't lose power again. Night ducky....stay warm :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

We only get snow a couple of times a year, so the TV news thinks it's a big deal. They send reporters out to every corner of town to do live reports. You know "As you can see behind me it's snowing here in _____". We discovered it's more fun to turn off the sound and just watch the antics.

We just had the perfect snow. Started Sat night, snowed about 1.5 inches, stopped Sun morning. Everything was pretty with snow on the branches. By evening it was melting rapidly and today it was all gone. I've never lived where it snowed all winter long. I don't know how I would cope. You all have my admiration.

• gmafoley

Sorry about all the snow! Praying for all involved!  

Ok funny for the morning - this is me to a tee!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Morning all---

Talking about the weather--well today no snow, cold as crazy, but no snow more is on the way tho. We're loaded now hope it doesn't warm up fast or we'll be flooded ll over---Ducky were getting similar weather so it's coming from us, sorry.

I really feel bad for people who have to be in this crap--One thing is the cabs in Downtown Chicago are making money, no one can walk a couple of blocks in this and my DD said u have to wait for a cab there so busy.

• gmafoley

Warning - A VENT IN Progress - OMG why does crap never stop!!! I got my sternal spasms back - haven't had any issues in months. Low grade fever (99 - 99.7), stiff neck and now 4 spasms within a week.. Get one thing under some control and another thing hits.  I'm tired and frustrated.  None of these problems were Before BC - now I feel like I'm in a domino run..

• duckyb1

Cam....my 2 grandsons live in Chicago, and yes I know we do get your weather......

One has lived there 5 years...owns a gorgeous Condo, and says he is getting "tired of it"....I think this winter has taken its toll on him......

His brother also live in an apt. (married one that I went to the wedding in Chicago)......has been there for around 3 years.......he is considering a job in Santa Barbara, Ca. and I think after this year he will seriously leave Chicago...is even willing to take a salary cut......time will tell.

We are suppose to get 8-12 inches or more Wednesday into Thursday......I seriously am so friggin sick of the weather...........just want it to be over.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

I remember many years ago when Atl would get snow Cincinnati would send their trucks and plows. What a hoot!  They just don't know how to deal with it. 

• SlowDeepBreaths

• duckyb1

Slow..............LOL

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Member Posts: 74

I personally keep wondering why I am getting the darn candle when I am the cancer patient.  what the heck is up with that??????? I shouldn't have to send it on I should only see them, grumbling off to kitchen for coffee, lemon and asparagus.