OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

i can lift one eyebrow. My husband can move his scalp.  

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

morning I can touch my nose with my tongue, wiggle my ears, do silly things with my fingers but I can't roll my tongue something my dgd has just found she can do.

I can do different actions with each hand and my party piece was to twiddle my fingers in different directions. 

Oh well we are all nuts let's face it.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Aly.........LOL..........I can roll my tongue too...........also spread my toes which so many cannot do.......LOL

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

We are a very talented bunch!!

• duckyb1

Maybe we could be a circus team

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I'm in pain just looking at those ladies. I can spread my toes on one foot, but not the other. We can display all our talents on the magical bus trip. Should make for an interesting trip. I feel kinda sorry for whoever drives the bus, if it's not one of us - we are all such a bunch of loons.

• 4sewwhat

We can be like a traveling Gypsy Circus to make money to pay for the trip!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahaha, With all our talents we should be able to afford a GREAT trip!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

did I hear gypsy????

Love gypsies

I can read the cards so we can make some $$$$$$$$

I also can do dirty dancin

Ok enuf said..my trip should be almost paid now

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

I drove a real school bus for 17 years, with all age kids. Would that qualify me as a driver?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Ok, I can raise one eyebrow, spread my toes AND wiggle my ears. I used to pass the time away in church trying to wiggle my ears because my dad could. He would also loan me his watch and I would practice holding my breath. Interested in the sermon? Not.

• SlowDeepBreaths

I can see I'm going to have to work on the ear wiggling thing. I refuse to be one of the people that can't do it.

spookie, I didn't know you were a former bus driver. When I was a kid growing up in New York, I had such a wonderful bus driver. I was the last stop on the route, and I still had a pretty long walk to my house. He used to drive me the extra way everyday, and drop me right at my door. I knew he wasn't allowed to do that, but he was just the sweetest old man. He was my bus driver for a couple of years. One day there was a new woman bus driver. We found out that he had a heart attack and passed away. I was so traumatized by that. He was beloved by all. I've never forgotten him til this day.

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

In my high school biology class I learned that you either have the gene to be able to roll your tongue or you don't.  I apparently don't have that gene.  So, don't feel too bad if you can't do it no matter how hard you try.  It's all in the genes!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I can roll my tongue.  When I was a kid I couldn't whistle through my lips like most people but I whistled through my rolled tongue.

Haven't done it for years but I used to be able to write with my left foot. I'm mostly right handed.

• duckyb1

Chabba............I can't even write with my left hand let alone my foot.............I am right handed......had several surgeries on that wrist hand and arm.............."write with your left hand they said".............they had to be friggin kiddin.....................no way........could not do it..........can't eat with my left hand either.............they say your opposite hand is your "helper hand" for the other hand.........trust me......that is all mine was good for.........LOL

But I an roll my tongue..........and whistle through my lips...........Chew gum and walk......LOL

• duckyb1

By the way................Bus is full............making plans now..........whoever signed up, all information will be on the Goddesses thread......................

• SlowDeepBreaths

chabba, write with your left foot?? Now that IS talent.

I can click my gum when I chew!

• 4sewwhat

As long as nobody is eating with their feet!  Unless you don't have arms, thats kinda gross!!

I can blow a buble in a bubble in a bubble in a bubble and also tie a cherry stem with a double knot if it is long enough!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

I always heard if you try to sneeze with your eyes open, your eyes will pop out of your head......

• duckyb1

Mary, Mary.............LMAO............sorry just having a visual......

• SlowDeepBreaths

4, You've rendered me speechless, which doesn't happen too often. I just don't know what to say about that tongue of yours.

mary, My mother used to say that too. I guess the question is - if you can't keep your eyes open while sneezing, how would you know if there's any truth to your eyes popping out? Has anyone here every been able to do it? I tried keeping my eyes open while sneezing, and I can't do it.

• 4sewwhat

I can't lick my elbow with it!!  I can sneeze with my eyes open and they are still in my head.  Good thing nobody ever hit me in the back of the head at the same time though.  Eyes might get stuck that way!!

• 4sewwhat

does anyone else keep getting that annoying 

"we're sorry but something went wrong" screen??

• SlowDeepBreaths

YES! I did a whole post the other night, and lost it when I hit submit. Lost the whole thing. VERY frustrating. I just gave up and tried the next day.

Edited for typos.

• 4sewwhat

I keep getting it but then a minute later my post is there anyhow???  Weird.  Must have something to do with the work they did.  Sometimes it is just happening when I try to go to a thread???

• duckyb1

Happens all the time.................finally realized it wasn't me, but them.............ridiculous....especially if you take the time to write a long post.............

I have an IPad with a  Zagg keyboard, so for me its not too bad.....this is like tying on a typewriter, or a computer keyboard..................not cheap, but worth every penny.............I am not one who can hunt and peck..........I type about 90 words a minute, but could not tell you how bad I am with "hunt and peck"...........my kids laugh............but I can go like hell on a keyboard...

But your right......it does happen.........so its not you.....

• SlowDeepBreaths

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Wow all the talent on here, it is a traveling carnival for sure. I love it and I can't do any of it. But my sister and I can give the evil eye which is hard to explain, but when u see it I guess it's spooky cuz no one likes when we do it especially my one GF she gets all upset. Which is a gift and a curse. LOL

Mary I hope u'r feeling OK

More snow is coming and worse for some other states.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

thanks for the smiles I seem to need them as I have been spending a lot of time sitting on the basement steps. Pain is very hard to deal with. 

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh Alyson, I'm so sorry you're hurting. I know it's hard, but don't give into it. All your friends will help you get through!

Gosh, I had the perfect hug picture for you, but it won't let me insert it.

{{{{{hugs for alyson}}}}}