OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

My mom used "physical techniques" to discipline us. I use more "psychological" techniques with my kids. Rules and consequences are clearly stated.

One of my favorite techniques for middle/high school kids: When I drive up to pick them up at school, I allow them a few minutes to say bye to their friends and come to the car. If they don't make their way to the car in a timely manner, this is a sign that they want to introduce me to their friends. I get out of the car and walk over to the group to be introduced.

One of my boys saw me get out of the car and started scurrying to the car. Too late! I met several kids that day.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

hahaha Poppy!! That's a good one!!

This one reminded me of what Mommy posted.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Poppy.. HaHa.. I wish I'd thought of doing that.!!

Slow.. Too funny.. Yep those parenting books are about as effective as some of those new fangled diets !!

• SoLinda
    SoLinda Member Posts: 60

Thank you, PoppyK - I was in need of a laugh today ... I don't have any children, but I am going to tell my friends about your "meet the friends" technique. They will be appreciative for sure!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Ok, I had to post this for everyone. I can so relate to this after treatment!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Love it Slow.

• mjh1
    mjh1 Member Posts: 263

poppy = yes, I too had the physical technique for discipline.  Obvisouly, child protective services wasn't around then.  Love the pyschological technique.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Loving the dwarfs...can't decide which one is me as I seem to be a composite of all of them. Maybe I'm Mishmosh! Love, Jean

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Jean. I like that....a mishmosh!

My kids never wanted to disappoint, so they were both very easy. I disicplined far different than my parents. In my parents age, I think it was common to hit your kids. They just didn't know of any other way. I talked back to my Mom a lot growing up. So I'm sure I deserved what I got!! haha

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Slow.. I like Farty best. 😃

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,716

My mom was also an expert at the "Gibbs slap" with a warning for us to straighten up. Can't recall how many times I got that over the years, but I never did straighten up

• Alyson
  • gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Happy Birthday to all the birthdays that I missed and Hugs to all my friends that need hugs.

I have missed alot here again. I'm still ok - off pain meds after 4 years - A bit cranky yesterday - As doing my walking now, I'm finding my incision scars feel like they are ripping apart. Acupuncturist says it is the muscles spasming around the scars. She was able to relieve it for a little bit but comes back. Trying not to go back on the pain meds. My head seems so much clearer without them.

• Gina4h
    Gina4h Member Posts: 51

Thank you Poppy - awesome technique. My mom's favorite hitting tool was a wooden spoon or a hairbrush. I didn't use physical punishment with my kids, I used consequences that varied based on age. Poppy's technique would not have worked on my daughter (she wanted me to meet Everyone!) but it would have worked on my son. Sorry babbling now.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

GMA, so happy to hear that you have been able to get off the pain meds.  Keep on trucking and happy to see you again!

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Lucy!! Mine too!!

GMA, I am so glad you checked in!! I've missed seeing you and I'm so happy you're doing so well!!

Gina, Babble away!! It's nice to have a fellow babbler here....I tend to do that too. hehe

Alyson, that cracked me up. I'm feeling pretty crispy myself.

"Gibbs slap".....I've got to remember that one. Unless I write it down I will never remember.

Here is my funny for today:

• LostLittle1
    LostLittle1 Member Posts: 3

here's one you may have heard before but was new to me...

I went to visit my workplace yesterday a week after my mastectomy to visit. they asked me about the pain and I said I was having some nerve pain and some Charlie horse like cramps in my chest. a friend said it may make me feel better to know she still has nerve pain years after her boob job.. I had to leave before I caused a scene.. how the heck is your voluntarily having your C cups made to DD's and my breast REMOVAL make us in any way common !??! and NO it does NOT make me feel better to know the pain may NEVER go away you nitwit!!

• mjh1

littletatas - can't cure that stupid, but to make you feel better, I can tell you that the nerve and charlie horse pain are normal after the MX and should eventually get better.  Nothing you can take for the nerve pain but Valium will help immensly with the cramping in your chest.

slow, ducky, gma, alyson - keep me laughing with all those photos

• LostLittle1
    LostLittle1 Member Posts: 3

thanks mjh1. I think this lady's ailment is sadly lifelong. ha

• mjh1

littletats - you're only a week out.  everything is just starting to heal.  if you didn't have that after being a week out then I'd think you were superworman....lol

• SlowDeepBreaths

Here is one for your friend LT

I know we joke about the stupid things people say to us, but I often wonder if I was one of those people before my diagnosis. I wish I could remember back that far!! haha

• duckyb1

Here's a good one for all the stupid people out there who we have encountered.......image

• duckyb1

Ok, wll try this again.............this might help your frustration with stupid people.,........use when needed....image

• Nomatterwhat
    Nomatterwhat Member Posts: 210

Oh ladies you crack me up!!!!   I am in a hotel room in Ardmore, Oklahoma heading to San Antonio to see my BFF and I cannot wait to show her this thread. 

• Alyson

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Aww Alison, if you apply it liberally to stupid's mouth, it might be a temporary fix! Teehee. Love, Jean. PS Where do you guys get these great pics?

• SlowDeepBreaths

Jean, I just type in Google search and go to images.

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • Alyson