Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here:Walgreens October Supportr.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Yep.. Asparagus aren't the cure.. Always been one of my favourite foods.!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

As an adult I was always pretty slim and ate fairly well except for the occasional big Italian dinner. I wasn't much of a sweet person. I ate my fair share of asparagus too. Before I was diagnosed I finally had my RA under control and was walking at least 30 min. a day, six days a week. But, I still developed BC. In my opinion, it's all a crap shoot.

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

I hate all of the bs "cures".

I frequently hear from others how surprised they are that I got cancer. I exercised, ate right (for the most part), no family history of bc, breast fed my babies, young for bc... all that stuff.

There is nothing we can do about the biggest risk for developing bc.... being female.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Poppy.................YEP.............

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I have been told about so many 'CURES" all total bullshit I am afraid. It just happens.

Today's cure

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

I agree, woman at my gym said she is 62 and never been sick so she thinks she never will be sick.  She has no health insurance so hope for her she doesn't.  Since she has not done mamos, who knows?

• SlowDeepBreaths

Here is some interesting news about turmeric which was on the news yesterday. It really grossed me out. Click on the link for the full story.

Lab tests find insect parts, larvae in dried turmeric spices

http://abc7chicago.com/food/insect-parts-larvae-found-in-dried-turmeric-spices/709631/

• duckyb1

Ewwwwwwwww, God knows what the hell we're eating.............Yuk..............

• proudtospin

oh dang, I just bought some as my doc suggested it since I can not take NSAIDs and she said it helps some folks.  figures~~

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,716

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

LMAO! The entire dumbass forest must be nearby because I've met several people who spent time there.

I don't want to think about turmeric and bugs.... or anything with bugs.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Aaaahhh! Tumeric.......so that's what's been bugging me lately. Teehee. Love, Jean

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Mommy.

DH uses dried turmeric a lot in our cooking. I think I'm going to stick with fresh spices from now on. We started growing our own basil, parsley, cilantro and strawberries.

I agree with Ducky - Who knows what the hell we are eating.

• Lucy55

oh Ughh.!

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • duckyb1

Ok, I choose to be a butterfly...........if I have to be what I eat I want to be something pretty.......LMAO.......

Looked online for Fresh Tumeric...........Amazon sells it, and you grind your own.......might just give it a try.....never used tumeric...always thought that was what gave Indian foot its stinky smell........guess I was wrong..

I might see if it helps my old lady aches and pains.........

• proudtospin

I had only recently in a cleaning mode, tossed a very old jar of the dried spice and of course after my doc suggested it, bought a new jar.  Have been trying to use it but always think it has little taste and just adds the yellow color~~

then again, I have little sense of smell since sinus surgery so who knows what I can or can not taste~~

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Today's food which I like in moderation but is supposed to cure cancer. image

Think you would need a ton to be of use.

• SlowDeepBreaths

We always try to rotate our spices and not keep them too long.

That's a good idea Ducky. I think I will check it out on Amazon.

Edited to add: I eat a lot of broccoli roasted in the oven with olive oil.

• proudtospin

love my broccoli, this weeks green veggie includes my lovely kale but love em all

• SlowDeepBreaths

It took me while to warm up to kale. Then we made Kale chips once....they are so good. I like kale in soups too.

• Lucy55

My broccoli is usually accompanied by cauliflower and smothered in white cheesy sauce.!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Lucy! You'd fit right in at my house. lol

My DH is an expert at making healthy things not so healthy.

• proudtospin

I saute my kale like I would spinach with tons of OO and garlic.....I can eat a lot of it

• SlowDeepBreaths

Now I'm getting hungry!!

I've got a delicious cucumber salad I make with a homemade dressing of OO, red vinegar and some other tasty things. I'm making it when the BCO girls come next month. I would be happy just eating that 7 days a week it's so good. In the salad I also use cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion and kalamata olives.

I think I better go get a snack! haha

• proudtospin

slow, sounds like me sort of salad!  love any thing green except for green smoothies,, can get into drinking green!

• SlowDeepBreaths

PTS, I never liked green smoothies. Then my DD gave me a recipe that really tasted pretty good. I used to drink it often before my diagnosis. It's the first green drink I ever liked. I've got it written down somewhere if you ever want to try it. It has kale in it too.

• proudtospin

yeah know, I like to crunch or chew stuff, not sure I would be satisfied with just liquid?  but thanks and will think on it

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha.....I know what you mean! I'm the same way.

Saw this and it cracked me up. So true!