Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here:Only through October.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Aly.......could not have said it better myself...........forget the "old" normal......................cancer changes everything in my opinion..................and Aly is right............you want to survive all this crap, then just accept what has happened, and move on to the "new" normal................otherwise your on a moving sidewalk going up hill, but never being able to reach the top...................especially if you think your "old" "familiar" life is up there...........it isn't...............

Cancer changes everything...........................OH, and hang arund BCO, lots of uplifting ideas here..............

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Ducky you're right.. BCO helps so much..

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

PTS, that is just comical. Starting your own business is one of the most stressful things you can do. Especially if it's the only source of income.

zj, I agree. It does feel safe here with others that understand. I like that Ducky - moving sidewalk. I often feel like my sidewalk is moving backwards. I know we have to find the "new" normal like Alyson suggests, but I think sometimes we get STUCK mourning the old normal. At times I feel STUCK and still in mourning!! I can't even imagine what it would have been like without you all. The ladies on BCO have gotten me through some of my darkest days. Laughter is really a great medicine for me.

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

Another sign of stupid. My DH and I received notice that we are being audited because we failed to submit a state taxes in 2014... from the state of Michigan. We have never lived in Michigan, worked in Michigan, owned property or conducted business in Michigan. My husband did lead a boy scout outing to Michigan to go dog sledding and sleep in the snow and in igloos during the polar vortex event in 2014. SMH.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Poppy, never have understood what a polar vortex was, guess it gets taxed~~crazy

Slow, some folks and that includes my pal, have never experienced a serious or chronic illness and are clueless.  I wonder how my pal would survive if she actually had some problem, not thinking she would handle it better

and yeah, as a single person who has always supported myself, my diagnosis scared the shit out of me and really still does

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning. It's early here. I am having my tea while watching the news. DH has gone off to the airport as he has a meeting out of town today.

Anyway who is out searching for the cure guy? Loved the asparagus and bacon. Keep searching. I giggled when I saw the pic.

Gina where in Ontario are you? I will be there in Septmber and usually meet up with the Ontario group?

Big hugs to all

• Alyson

Wake up you lot of chooks where are you?

• Gina4h
    Gina4h Member Posts: 51

Hi Alyson, I'm in the Hamilton area. Do you come all the way from oz for a visit?

• Gina4h
    Gina4h Member Posts: 51

What Ontario group? I'm a newbie.

• Alyson

I am from NZ Gina. And yes we come all the way to see our grandchildren. They live in Oakville. I will get in touch with some of my Ontario friends and let you know about the Ontario group. Anyway o will make sure you are invited to lunch when I am there. Our family are probably returning home December.

• Lucy55

• Lucy55

• SlowDeepBreaths

Happy Mother's Day to all the great Mom's on this thread!!

• Alyson
  • SlowDeepBreaths

PTS "and yeah, as a single person who has always supported myself, my diagnosis scared the shit out of me and really still does"

That had/has to be so difficult. I hope you had close friends nearby. I think you're right....people that have never faced a chronic or serious illness just have no clue.

I've caught my DH's illness. Horrible sore throat, congestion and cough. Do any of you find you're sick more often after treatment? I feel like I'm catching everything.

• proudtospin

Slow, I think I had good support when I was diagnosed but they sort of lost interest after a couple of years so my complaints of SE go mostly ignored.  So working on new pals!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Yay!! Sounds like new pals may be in order.

You do have all of us!! But, I know that's not the same when you don't have people close by to do fun things with and get your mind off of everything.

• proudtospin

slow, thanks and my new pals are more attuned to healthy things so working out better, no heavy drinking, lots of gym time and healthy food !

• duckyb1

Once they all think your better, as the years go on you find yourself alone with the bullshit..........that is why I can't imagine why people leave here

Someone once said to me....well they leave becaue they want to forget about cancer and move on........well here's how I feel about that.

I had a heart attack......I haredly ever thought of it after it happened.......took my meds, and the worst thing that happened was maybe I walked a little slower.......not slow, just slower..............and maybe I couldn't walk quite as far as before because I had a small artery that completely closed and nothing could be done.so it does cut down on your stamina.

I wish I could say the same for the cancer............up until the time I went on that friggin pill and it killed what estrogen I had left I felt great.......even through Rads i did fine..........after Rads were over, I'm not gonna lie I found myself getting tired easier, fatigue set in, but I could still function with no problems...

The I took that AI, and my entire life went down the toilet...........and I say WTF is living if your always having problems..........and I believe there are those who get no SE's and think we are all nuts who do............maybe I'm just in a shitty mood today..........but don't tell me how I feel...........and i have ttried everything to continue on this friggin thing...........is there anyone who every said " gee I think I'll stop the pill just because I don't feel like taking it...

Dont think so........everyone wants to live unless your a moron.........but remember what I said the word is

LIVE..........not ......EXIST.........ok, I'm done........

• proudtospin

thanks Ducky, I plan on living, a dif world but a better one for me

• Alyson

Life is very different these days and I am facing some hard things. Will need operation on spine but will wait until it has to be done. I have so much to live for. Have lost friends on this journey but have made some wonderful ones as well especially on BCO.

Going to sit down and do some knitting for my new grand baby who is due at the beginning of August.

• SlowDeepBreaths

No one lives in your own body. We can only make decisions for our own well being. I don't have the choice of going on AI's because I'm TN on one tumor, and HER2 on the other. But, I did stop Herceptin early due to side effects. I know of some people that have no side effects from Herceptin. We are all different.

As far as BCO goes, I feel like I've made some life long friends here. I don't think I will ever not log on to see how they are doing. There are times I take a break for health reasons, or maybe get down a bit, but without BCO, I wouldn't have met so many great ladies. Without knowing it, you all got me through some pretty dark times. :)

• Alyson

Hear hear Slow.

• Alyson

• duckyb1

The day I leave BCO will be the day I leave this earth.................even when I can't do it myself.....I will make sure my girls do it for me...............hugs........

• Alyson

We need a party.

• duckyb1

Hell Yea.........................LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths

Someone say party????? I'm in!!!

Found this one for you Alyson. Cure guys dog??

• SlowDeepBreaths

My kind of asparagus!!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,716

Shoot, if asparagus is the cure for cancer, I should never have gotten this crap because I used to eat it after it was just picked out of my maternal parents garden!