Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Loopylove it.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,716

lol

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

I have found the cure! For all you dried up ladies on those estrogen suckling meds....it is, drum roll......COCONUT OIL! Apply it liberally between the legs, to your dancing pole, to your bald head. Put on your grass skirt and lei. Then climb the nearest coconut tree and start tossing coconuts at the gathering croud. When they commit you, entertain the booby hatch staff by doing your best hula to the old tune "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts"! Teehee. Love, Jean

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hahahahahaha...Z

I have a 1lb jar sitting on my nightable.............I have to use a stool to get in and out of the bed cause its so high off th floor.........................I am covered in cocanut oil, get into bed, and then in the middle of the night hold on for dear life when I have to get out of bed to pee.

One of these nights I am going to step on the stool slip off, go on my ass, and put my head through the wall, and make a new entrance to the bathroom which is right on the other side..................

But I sure dos love my coconut oil.................Aloha.............

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

HaHaHa 😃

• Alyson

When we have made the coconut oil we can then use the shells like this. image

Though some might need these.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

hahahahahahaha. You all crack me up!!

I about fell out of my chair reading about you getting in and out of bed Ducky.

Alyson, Wish I had coconuts that looked like that!!

It's FRIDAY!!

EFT

• duckyb1

True story as sure as I sit here.............slipped more then once.............the stool is cherry wood that matches the bedroom set......so there is no traction on that bad boy.

There is no backing on the rug next to the bed, so that slides one way.....the stool slides the other way, and my feel slide off the friggin stool............I think you get the picture.

So I hold on for dear life while I ice skate across the room and finally grab whatever is handy and hang on till I reach the bedroom door....................

Then when I come back I step on the stool which is 2 steps, and aim for the bed while my feet slip off the top step..............so I always enter the bed face first........which ever way I land...........

• duckyb1

Oh and my bedroom floors are hardwood, so once I exit the rug that has slid across the room, I'm on my own.....just me and the hardwood floor..............LOL......not a prertty site...........

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

LOL! You ladies tell it like it is! Love the stories.

• zjrosenthal

Ducky, I'm sending you some virtual duck tape for that stool and rugs before you break your ducktail! Ouch! Love, Jean

• Lucy55

Jean.. That sounds like an excellent solution for Ducky's predicament !! 😃

• duckyb1

LOL.......................love your sense of humor Jean...............

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

duck tape for sure, I hear it comes in pink now

• Lucy55

PTS...Hmm... FK won't be happy about the pink.duct tape.. '!!

• proudtospin

actually, I suggested pink to get her excited!  they have duct tape in every color of the rainbow these days

my sister and her fitness center pals are doing the Avon walk today in Boston, they did a good job of fund raising so wishing for good weather,

• zjrosenthal

Actually, my true duck tape story. Last month coming home from my hour and a half drive from rads, something started dragging under my front bumper. I stopped at a drug store where I bought red duck tape to match my car and a pair of scissors. I sat on the curb and taped up the undercarriage dragging part and was on my way again. Hubby was quite impressed when I got home. Move over Mcguyver! (sp) Teehee. Love, Jean Shout out to Ducky!

• Lucy55

Haha Jean.. Good job :-)

• proudtospin

Jean, ain't no way something will get in your way!  I am impressed!

• zjrosenthal

Tks proud. Actually I held it together to get thru treatment. Now that the worst is over, I'm kinda falling apart. (Guess I need more duck tape!) Love, Jean

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

Jean, I think it's difficult, too. I don't feel right or normal, even though active treatment has ended. Tired and look different than before... very different. BC sure changed everything!

• proudtospin

Jean, I agree with Poppy, you are past the worst and it takes time to feel well, close to normal. Give yourself time and be nice to yourself.

Have you considered a post treatment holiday?  be good for you, holidays do not have to be huge but just something dif!

• duckyb1

5 years, and it has change my life completely................

• Alyson

Life is different so treat yourself gently. You will mourn the past life but embrace the new normal.

Big hugs to all.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh Jean, I said those same words a year ago.

My most difficult time emotionally was right after rads. That first couple of months after finishing, I was an emotional mess. While going through treatment, all I thought about was getting to the finish line. Once that was accomplished, I had time to process everything that happened over the past year of treatment and I just fell apart. You'd think that being done would be a time for celebration, but it was just the opposite for me.

I turned to many women on BCO and learned that they had experienced the same feelings. We all go through a grieving process. Many of them gave me suggestions on how to move forward. I'm learning how to train my mind to live in the moment, move on from grieving the past and worrying about the future. It hasn't been easy, but it is definitely getting better with each day. I'm far less crazy than I was a year ago thanks to some very kind, helpful ladies.

Don't let family and friends define your time-frame. They tend to think treatment is over, what's your problem?? Unless they've been through it themselves they have NO CLUE. Be kind to yourself, and take the time you need to process the whole experience. It also takes some time to accept the new limitations of your body.

Hangout with people that make you laugh. I really do believe that laughter is the best medicine. PTS gives good advice....take a mini vacation if you can. A change of scenery can really help.

Also.....drink some wine and eat some chocolate!! Chocolate makes everything better - in moderation of course.

SillyHeart

• zjrosenthal

Thanks ladies for the suggestions. Alcohol is not a good idea with my neuropathy but we are planning an overnight in Reading with 2 other couples on June 5th for a WW2 reinactment. Tanks and guns...what joy! Eeekk! I would love to get away with just hubby but with his newly diagnosed myasthenia gravis he can't drive and gets very tired so that will have to wait. The family is coming over next weekend for a BBQ. Just have to be careful to not overdo. Btw, can you duck tape hor dogs? I hear they cure cancer. Teehee. Love, Jean

• proudtospin

Jean, an overnight in Reading qualifies as a mini vacation, just make sure that after all the festivities, don't eat too much junk food!  As a PA Dutch person who is familiar with Reading, well folks in Pa are not known for healthy food!  But enjoy your time.

I still do mini small vacations and planning an a mini trip the end of the week to Cape May, about 100 miles so easy and fun, promise to stuff my face with seafood!

• Alyson

Jean found a duct tape hot dog for you. image

• zjrosenthal

Gee thanks Alyson. Now we can all avoid surgery, chemo, rads and all the other cancer torture. Just order duck tape hot dogs. Yay! Love, Jean. PS Are they available on Amazon?

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahaha Alyson.

This one reminded me of Kracker because she's always talking about her gas. hahaha

I'm still fighting this darn flu thing. I'm feel like I'm drowning in mucus. I know....TMI. We do share everything though, don't we??

Love to all!